Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweetest Day 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Sweetest Day 2009 Empty
PostSweetest Day 2009

Quote :

OVERVIEW OF SWEETEST DAY

Sweetest Day is a holiday primarily celebrated in the Midwestern U.S. states of Illinois, Michigan and Ohio, but recently seems to have gained popularity in other regions, particularly the Northeast. It is celebrated on the third Saturday in the month of October.

The holiday is said to have begun in the city of Cleveland, Ohio in 1922. Candy store employee Herbert Birch Kingston put together a group of citizens to provide small gifts to homeless people, orphans, and others who had fallen on hard times. This tradition now seems to largely involve giving small presents, such as cards, candy and flowers, to family, friends, and lovers.

HISTORY OF SWEETEST DAY

Mostly a regional celebration in the Great Lakes region and the Northeast, Sweetest Day now is beginning to be observed in other areas as well. Ohio is one of the top states for high Sweetest Day sales. They are followed by California, Florida, Michigan and Illinois to be in the top 10 for sales on this day.

Over time, it is evolving to be another holiday in which to show romantic love or appreciation to friends.

SWEETEST DAY TRIVIA

On the first Sweetest Day, Ann Pennington (movie star) gave over 2,000 Cleveland newspaper boys boxes of candy to show her gratitude for their service to the public.

Theda Bara also distributed 10,000 boxes of candy to residents of Cleveland hospitals and anyone who came to see her at the local theater.

October 17th is Sweetest Day this year. Here in Ohio there's usually alot of sales around this time. I dont have any plans though. I might go out to dinner. dunno
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Share this post on: reddit

Sweetest Day 2009 :: Comments

janine
Re: Sweetest Day 2009
Post Sat 10 Oct 2009, 4:31 pm by janine
Aww I kinda like sweetest day. My parents got married on Sweetest day in 1978.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sat 10 Oct 2009, 4:37 pm by The Sexy Vixen
aww that's romantic, Janine.
Post Sun 11 Oct 2009, 10:20 pm by Angelwilliamsfan
tbh its like the cousin of vday. the only good thing about it is that godiva has good sales on the chocolate
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 11 Oct 2009, 10:22 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Godiva chocolate is awesome.
Post Sun 11 Oct 2009, 10:30 pm by S-Tall
Theres alot of flower shops the sellf stuff on this day.
Post Sun 11 Oct 2009, 10:33 pm by Angelwilliamsfan
i hate flowers, they die quicky. that shouldnt be an indicator of the begining of a relationship.

Godiva chocolate is made by god. thats why its so amazing.
janine
Post Sun 11 Oct 2009, 10:55 pm by janine
I love Godiva Chocolate. Ive had Cheesecake and Regular cake made with Godiva chocolate. AMAZING stuff. Its to die for.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Sun 11 Oct 2009, 10:58 pm by The Sexy Vixen
I just like plain cheesecake. My teacher in high school brought in some Godiva chocolate once. It was so yummy.
Post Mon 12 Oct 2009, 3:16 pm by Angelwilliamsfan
thats kinda creepy.

the best godiva has is there chocolate covered strawberries. not those r to die for.
Post  by Sponsored content

Sweetest Day 2009

Page 1 of 1