Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Empty
PostKevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009"

First off, don’t bitch Blue, I’ve talked to LL about this before about doing a whole top 25 Divas of 2009. And he said like yeah everyone would bitch because they didn’t agree with it lols. When I saw your shitty concept I opted to make my own. BTW I still think your whole concept is pretty retarded. It just makes no sense. So Natalya makes it to the finals based on what? She has lots of fans? That’s not a damn accomplishment if you ask me. It’s going to be shitty and biased and sad people like Layla, Eve, Maryse, Angelina, Alicia, Natalya, Beth, Katie Lea are all going to top the list with no real reason behind it other than because people “Like “ them or not. You can’t have people just vote at random, narrow the list, pick 5/6 even 7 most accomplished women all year and then have people vote, it just makes more sense. Elimination is just another popularity contest and at the end of the day….is pointless.

Secondly, my list is by no means based on actual wrestling talent, it’s based on accomplishments, girls I’m familiar with or whose work I’ve seen or heard of. I mostly base everything on what I see on WWE, TNA, ROH and any match review I could find online from the Indy scene (most likely SHIMMER & JAPW). So some odd names MIGHT show up and some names might not even be on the list who you’d expect to be. BUT it’s based on accomplishments, exposure and nothing to do with wrestling ability. I’m not making a “Best Wrestler” of the year list, it’s literally a “Best Female” of the year. With that being said…here are MY top 25 “Women of the year”.

1. Melina

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Melina30

Despite being overhyped by many, Melina has had an amazing year in the year of 2009. Melina did what no other diva could and that is winning both the Divas Championship and Women’s Championship within the first year. With that being said, Melina has had an amazing years and it seems there is many more to come. Melina may have had the upper hand on Michelle McCool, let’s see if she could hold on to it one more year.

2. Michelle McCool

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Michelle_McCool29

Michelle McCool has had a dominating year in the WWE. Taking on every opponent to step in her way and accomplishing the impossible by becoming the first woman to hold both the Divas Championship and Women’s Championship in the WWE. Michelle McCool has been the center of attention on Smackdown. Only time will tell what she will be able to do on Raw. But at this rate, it doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon. She’s too blond to find her way there…

3. Mickie James

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Mickie_James64

It seems the women in the WWE have accomplished many things in 2009. Mickie James became the second diva in the history of the WWE to hold both the Divas Championship and the Women’s Championship. Mickie James proved to everyone by taking on every opponent to come her way. Mickie James battled Beth Phoenix, Maryse, Gail Kim and Alicia Fox. There was no opponent Mickie couldn’t take on; it seems Mickie now has her eyes set Michelle McCool. After a less than stellar loss to Jillian Hall, let’s see what else is in stored for Mickie James in 2010.

4. Awesome Kong

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Amazing_Kong23

Every Knockout has been equally used in 2009. Many champions have been crowned but the one who always seemed to always be the most important asset to the division has been Awesome Kong. For the third year in a row Awesome Kong proves to be the Knockouts division most important asset.

5. Taylor Wilde

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Shantelle_Taylor23

Taylor Wilde has been a great asset to the Knockouts Division. Taylor Wilde was involved in the title scene early this year. But Taylor Wilde accomplished yet another achievement this year. She became the first Knockout to win both Knockouts and Knockouts Tag Team Title. Aside from Shimmer, there is rarely a moment where a female athlete could win both a singles and tag title in a promotion. Taylor Wilde has been on a roll, let’s see what’s in stored in 2010 for Taylor.

6. MsChif

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" MsChif11

The reigning Shimmer champion had the opportunity to take the title off Sara Del Rey in 2008. MsChif has made few appearances on ROH; MsChif hasn’t had any disappointing moments this year. But compared to the other girls, the lack of exposure overshadows her from the other girls. Maybe ROH should use her more. In the end MsChif has had a good year. Also she has been champion for over 500 days.

7. ODB

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" ODB16

Although her better performances are not in TNA, ODB managed to be a 2 time Knockouts Champion according to TNA History. ODB managed to be the center of attention of the division. ODB has held on to the Knockouts title for some time now. Taking on The Beautiful People, Cody Deaner, Tara & Awesome Kong what’s next for the two times TNA Knockouts Champion in 2010?

8. Sarita

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Sarah_Stock10

Sarita made her way from Mexico to the USA and caused air waves. After her debut match she got everyone’s attention. Within no time she became a major player in TNA and also TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion. What’s next for this international sensation? Knockouts Champion maybe?

9. Angelina Love

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Angel_Williams30

Despite her less then memorable contract situation with TNA. Angelina Love has had a great year. Angelina Love became Knockouts champion and it seemed Knockouts tag team titles were also in her future. Although her return to TNA seems bleak, Angelina Love has had a successful run in TNA especially in 2009.

10. Sara del Rey

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Sara_Del_Rey20

Sara seems to be the only female asset regularly used in ROH. Sara del Rey has been battling women and taking out a couple of guys but none the less, she has been entertaining and successful run in ROH every week. Let’s see what’s next for Sara Del Rey, maybe some more opponents on TV? Let’s just hope.

11. Tara

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Lisa_Marie_Varon40

It seems a change of scenery is all Tara needed. Tara had a short and successful run as Knockouts Champion. Although her performances aren’t top notch, it seems she is enjoying her stay in TNA. Tagging with Christy and battling Awesome Kong, ODB & The Beautiful People. She has more opportunities to work with Alissa Flash, Sarita, Taylor Wilde and Hamada. Let’s just hope Tara has a fun run in the company before she calls it quits.

12. Serena Deeb

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Serena_Deeb13

Serena Deeb evolved from rookie on the rise to one of the main players in SHIMMER. When it seemed like the SHIMMER Championship was in her near future. But she got noticed by the WWE. Instead of the SHIMMER Championship, she is now the new “Queen of FCW”, it may not seem as important but maybe her credibility could bring some prestige to the title of “Queen of FCW”.

13. Alissa Flash/Raisha Saeed/Cheerleader Melissa

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Cheerleader_Melissa21 Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Cheerleader_Melissa25 Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Cheerleader_Melissa31

Let’s give Melissa some credit. The girls played 3 different personas in one company. Probably the best female grappler in North America. Now with her Raisha Saeed Character completely removed from TNA. There is only more opportunity for the Alissa Flash character to grow. Despite her losing streak in TNA she is seen as one of the most dominating women in TNA. Although outside of TNA, especially in SHIMMER & JAPW she has had some memorable matches.

14. Beth Phoenix

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Beth_Phoenix39

Beth Phoenix time and time again she has been the back bone in the Raw women’s Division. She has now been moved to Smackdown. Despite the move let’s see what’s next for Beth Phoenix. She has kept a low profile for the most part of the year but it seems things are soon to change.

15. Madison Rayne/Lexi Lane/Ashley Lane

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" Ashley_Lane14
Little Miss Madison has been a real rookie on the rise. She got noticed by management in TNA and got added to the most successful stable in the history of women’s wrestling. To add even more to her profile on being a team player. Madison with her partner Nevaeh manage to become the first ever SHIMMER tag team championship in 2008. It seems a Knockouts tag team championship would fit her profile perfectly.

16. Vickie Guererro
- Multi-Brand GM for WWE and now manager. She has been the most hated woman on TV for the last year. That alone is an accomplishment itself.

17. Maryse
- Diva Champions early this year and her accomplishment earlier this year can’t be ignored. With her pending return. 2010 could only be better.

18. The Canadian Ninjas (Nicole Matthews & Portia Perez)
-The duo took the title off Ashley Lane & Nevaeh. What’s next for this tag team? So far they have had some successful title defenses.

19. LuFisto
- Have had some brutal and memorable matches all year long. Not as much exposure as many of the girls on the list but with JAPW’s new women’s division, it’s just more ways to get to know LuFisto even better.

20. Tiffany
- She has a title not many women in the history of wresting have had. She is ECW GM. Although her role hasn’t been as big as many, she has done a pretty decent job.

21. Daizee Haze
- Daizee has had a slow year but has wrestled many during this year. With opponents like Cheerleader Melissa and many more, Daizee Haze continues to be one of those names who are always reliable. Watching her every now and then in ROH is also fun.

22. Traci Brooks
- Posing for Playboy and being the newest member of the Main Event Mafia. It seems Traci has had a better year compared to the past.

23. Angela Fong
- She is the first ever “Queen of FCW” in the history of WWE. That’s an accomplishment as it is.

24. Dixie Carter
- She has been cleaning house in TNA. Probably the most powerful women in wrestling currently.

25. Jillian Hall
- Her 2 minutes of Glory was enough to get her the last and remaining spot.

Honorable Mentions
- Alicia Fox: Came out of nowhere into the title scene. Became a credible opponent and had her time to shine.

- Natalya: The Mouth piece for “The Hart Dynasty”. She has found a way to get her name out there and is becoming a weekly regular name thanks to her new found role.

- Melody: The former OVW Women’s Champion and the longest reigning OVW Women’s Champion in history. Let’s see if she will branch out more in the Indy scene.

- Gail Kim: At one point was involved with both champions and both brands. Gail Kim faced both Mickie James & Michelle McCool in multiple women’s championship matches.

- Maria: Maria has become a weekly on air character. Her angle with fellow divas Michelle McCool & Melina has gone on for some time. Although it has lost its steam a bit, Maria found a role where she was featured almost every week and actually in the women’s division. There hasn’t been any long term storylines happening in the women’s division in some time now.

- Team Blossom (Hannah & Holly Blossom)
Holly and Hannah are both recognized as the OVW Women’s Champion after Hannah made the switch with Holly and pinned Epiphany for the win. I believe it is the first time a twin has been recognized as a Women’s Champion.

For the most part, just had fun with it, it's a pretty Meh list, but kinda like it at the same time
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009" :: Comments

Re: Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009"
Post Mon 26 Oct 2009, 1:17 am by Angelwilliamsfan
i dont agree with the 1st 2 spots. i still think michelle has had the best year of any diva, mickie is a good choice for 3rd though.
Blue Ryder
Post Mon 26 Oct 2009, 1:20 am by Blue Ryder
LOL I wont bitch, thats your own personal ranking. Mines is a forum effort. I'll read this a bit later, looks interesting and love the pictures lol
The Sexy Vixen
Post Mon 26 Oct 2009, 3:00 am by The Sexy Vixen
Kev, you should write for some wrestling magazine.

Nice list you got there but i agree with MeShell..Michelle should be number 1. Her non-selling ass was allowed to make history this year.
The LL Father
Post Mon 26 Oct 2009, 10:41 am by The LL Father
boo...wait yay. no bitching shifty
KTV-Time
Post Mon 26 Oct 2009, 1:09 pm by KTV-Time
The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Kev, you should write for some wrestling magazine.

Nice list you got there but i agree with MeShell..Michelle should be number 1. Her non-selling ass was allowed to make history this year.

Michelle was the first one to win both, i give her that credit, but Melina was both titles in the same year. She was women's champion early this year and by the end of the year she became Divas Champion.

So far 3 divas have won both titles....yet only 1 of them won both of them in the same year.
janine
Post Mon 26 Oct 2009, 2:40 pm by janine
I agree with this list. Melina should be 1, making "history" dont mean as much as people say. Its not about being the first its about being the best.

I think the #2 spot is the right spot for Michelle, no offense she really hasnt done much with that title, probably becasue of her knee injury.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Tue 27 Oct 2009, 10:01 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Michelle's been actively used all year though, where Melina was at home and not even seen o SD for a good while when she was first drafted there.

Michelle has been dominating SD all through 2009...so yeah 2009 was totally Michelle's year.
janine
Post Tue 27 Oct 2009, 10:09 pm by janine
^^Wasnt Michelle gone for 2 weeks too because of her injury? Melina had strep throat thats why she was gone for a few weeks.

Im not being bias but I still give the slight edge to Melina, becasue she did win 2 titles and was actually a fighting champ. I dont think Michelles done much with the womens title she has now and Melina has gotten over and Well Michelle hasnt.

Maybe it can be both of their year.
The Sexy Vixen
Post Tue 27 Oct 2009, 10:39 pm by The Sexy Vixen
Michelle's a fighting champ but WWE is the one not giving her fighting opponents.

when Michelle was injured she still appeared on tv.

meanwhile Melina had strep throat was off tv completely after being drafted.

Michelle still appeared with title in hand..sporting her knee brace.

Kevin's list of "Top 25 Women of 2009"

Page 1 of 1