Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?

Go down 
+5
Paul Wyatt
The Sexy Vixen
King Silva
KTV-Time
WarGreymon77
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? Empty
PostSubject: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySat 05 Mar 2011, 8:28 pm

The reason why I ask is because, well, I don't know about you, but for me, it was one of the best experiences of my life. It wasn't even a TV taping either. I was so starstruck, and I was marking out. It was a cold winter night, but you'd never know that in that packed high school gym, where it was hot as hell. It had been over a decade and a half since any wrestling had been anywhere near my county, and now here they were fighting in the gym at my high school's rival, so I was extremely excited just to be there. I was cheering for the good guys and the bad guys, man!

It was an independent show in 2006, I think. One of the many promotions to use the abbreviation UWF. They had some TNA talent and some indy talent, and it was run by Dave Hebner (later got sold to Hermie Sadler and then it disappeared quietly).

Sabu in a hardcore match, Abyss and D'Lo Brown, New Age Outlaws*, Dudley Boyz* vs. America's Most Wanted in a tables match...

*Talk about nostalgia. Apparently the trademarked names only apply to televison. It was good to hear them again.

Shannon Moore and Ron "The Truth" Killings fought on the bleachers and [now R-Truth] got slammed into the wall.

When I went into this thing, I thought that it was gonna be pretty lackluster, but I was pleasantly surprised, especially with that hardcore match, even though it was just chairs.

I can't remember but I think it was $5, for pure quality entertainment. You can't beat memories like that, especially hometown memories.

I went to a couple of other UWF events after this, and saw some other folks like Jeff Hardy, Maven, and Buff Bagwell (I was like "Wha? He's still around?). Since yall follow the independent scene, maybe you've heard of Amber O'Neil. She was tag teaming with Jeff.

So Cal Val was signing autographs. I was this close to meeting her, but I got shy. All I had was my ticket, no pen, and I was afraid that I'd just be standing there, blushing, smiling, and looking stupid. Hahaha...

Do you have memories to share of your first or your best live event, if you've attended one?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySat 05 Mar 2011, 8:38 pm

Nopes, never been to any, they don't go where I live and used to live.

I really want to though Teary Eyed
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySat 05 Mar 2011, 9:43 pm

Yes I have been to I believe 3 house shows, 1 Raw taping last August, 1 SD taping this past Feb, and The Bash 2009 ppv.

I always go when they come to Sac. smile
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySat 05 Mar 2011, 11:48 pm

yes..went to a WWE show. next on my list is TNA when they come back to Columbus. I want to meet Kurt Angle without having to pay like $100 to do so.

i havent gone to any indy shows yet but i will at some point
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySun 06 Mar 2011, 12:20 am

One in 2006; then again in late 2009. I agree, a live wrestling event is a unique experience.

I thoroughly enjoyed the crowd chants as random as they were. lol Constant 'wooooo' chants... especially when he came out (06.) The 'let's go, Cena' 'Cena sucks' chants were great... and this was a SD/ECW recording (09.)

Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySun 06 Mar 2011, 1:08 am

That's another thing. On TV, you never see how the chants get started. Live, I've been right around where they started. It's pretty cool to hear it evolve from a small group of people, to one section, to the whole crowd. I can only imagine what that would feel like in the big TV and PPV arenas. I remember seeing the funny reaction on the wrestlers' faces to some of the more unique ones. I can't remember what they were saying now, though.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySun 06 Mar 2011, 4:15 am

Yeah, I went to 2009's Hell in a Cell and a SD World Tour show late last year.

They were both incredible. And I was close for 'em.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySun 06 Mar 2011, 4:20 am

lets see....

1998: WCW house show, Great American Bash
1999: WWF house show (it was the week before Owen Hart's death, sadly)
2008: Backlash
2010: Raw house show

good times
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySun 06 Mar 2011, 7:53 am

Two SD/ECW houseshows. The first one was alright, the second was alright but I discovered the harsh reality of how many kids make up the audience now and drove me not to go back again no time soon
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? EmptySun 06 Mar 2011, 10:25 am

I went to a KWP show when they toured the North Of Scotland. KWP is a small Dundee-based Wrestling school that features a guy named Mr David Kidney who has held the Light-Heavyweight Title (or something like that) for the past 50 years.

They ran a BBC special to commemorate him, and showed footage from the North Of Scotland tour. From every show bar the one I went to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?   Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have You Ever Been to a Live Wrestling Event?
Page 1 of 1