Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com

Go down 
+8
KTV-Time
REIGNBOW
X
Queen Mintz
WarGreymon77
bobby_says_hi
Quisee
King Silva
12 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com Empty
PostSubject: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

1st off here is Kelly's Title Win Photo Shoot:

Spoiler:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/divas/divas/kelly-kelly-loud-and-clear-divas-champion

"She’s just a pretty face." "She doesn’t have what it takes." "She’s just a model. She’ll never make it in WWE."

As Kelly Kelly hoisted the Divas Championship – her first title ever in WWE - on Raw: Power to the People, a slight sense of vindication ran through her veins. On that Monday night in Baltimore, it wasn’t just the blonde beauty who wanted to bear gold – it was the WWE Universe who wanted to see her get that opportunity.

“The biggest compliment for me was the fans voting for me on Raw, “ Kelly Kelly told WWE.com. “I feel like the fans have really connected with me for five years. I think some might see me as the underdog – always working hard, but just never getting a chance.”

When Kelly got her chance, she capitalized on it – and the Twitter world went wild with excitement and happiness for the fan favorite.

“I must’ve received over 10,000 Tweets of ‘This is a long time coming,’ ‘We’re so proud of you,’ ‘I’m so happy for you’ ... It was awesome,” Kelly explained. “I was told after I won that I had ‘trended’ several times that night.”

The fans weren’t the only ones lined up to congratulate the new champion, however – the respect for Kelly extended to the Divas locker room as she headed up the entrance ramp from Baltimore's 1st Mariner Arena.

“The Divas were standing there by the locker room, waiting and clapping for me,” Kelly revealed. “I’ve never been injured. I’ve worked the live events five years straight with no real off weeks. I’ve worked so hard for this, and I think the other Divas recognized that.”

The WWE Universe might also recognize that Kelly Kelly has had one of the best months ever. She was named to the Maxim 100 list of hottest women, got to “Come on down” as a presenter on The Price is Right and now she’s accomplished a dream she's had since first joining WWE.

“My life, everything is just falling into place,” the Jacksonville, Fla., native happily stated. “I feel like it’s a long time coming. I was young when I started and now I’m 24 – I really have grown up in front of everybody.”

As Kelly traveled back home, excited to show her mom and grandmother the butterfly-emblazoned title, she said there are some things she’ll have to get used to. One of them? Taking the title through airport security.

“Oh, we have a champion here!” a TSA agent said as he inspected her bag.

Yes, yes we do. And Kelly Kelly couldn’t be happier.

--------------------------------------------------
Thoughts on her photoshoot and the article with wwe.com?

Back to top Go down
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm

Kelly Kelly looks so pretty with the title in this photoshoot. Nice interview btw I'm so happy for her
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

I always like the photoshoots they have for new champs.

Kelly does look good with the belt.

LOL at the ending of the article.

That is kinda awkward but I would be proud if I was a champ.

Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com 363415 yay king
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 7:26 pm

it's great for her. she must have been even happier to hear that votes for her were still coming in after the match
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

^ Yeah that would be kinda cool to know that the fans kept on voting!

So how long do you guys think she will hold onto the belt for?

Who do you see her feuding with and who do you see her losing it to?

Who do you want her to feud and lose it to?
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySat 25 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

I still think the pink butterfly thing looks ridiculous. WWF Women's belt ftw. Kelly's appeal is easy to figure out, though. She is absolutely beautiful and she seems like a genuinely nice girl.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySat 25 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm

I think the shoot is horrible and I don't think she worked as hard as she says. She didn't get injured because she rarely takes risks and she doesn't do that many moves in the ring.

As for how long she'll have the belt, hopefully it's only a month. Maryse is probably the next champion. I would rather she feud with Melina and lose it to her then Melina can feud with Gail and Beth
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 1:32 am

You don't have to take risks from getting injured. Ashley broke her wrist from a clothesline, Candice broke her nose from a kick, Triple H broke his quad from a spinebuster. Just depends on landing and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 1:37 am

I just didn't like how she said it, she acts like just because she hasn't gotten injured that means she was a hard worker. So many divas have worked much harder than Kelly has but they still choose to push her over great talent
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 1:44 am

Yeah Is ee that, I felt that sort of too when I was reading it.

The saddest part about this whole thing is that people like her and Candice think that working for 5 years in the WWE grants them the right to call themselves champion. The fact that Kelly still hasn't shown dramatic improvement in this time is cringeworthy.
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
Number of posts : 1692
Job/hobbies : Being the person you all love :)
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Favorite WWE Diva : paige
Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke Tessmacher
Rosita

Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 2:59 am

Honestly, she does do the same shit over, but every wrestler has a set of moves, i dont im glad she got it, i knew she would, i was figuering, and if layla could have been a champ so could she, i still think layla is better, she's got better carisma and acting skills, and ring skill than kelly, but lets face it, kelly is a modern trish, over praised of the same shit, kelly and trish both are good on the eyes, they do a few moves and they "make history" this shit reminds me of when trish won her first title, and look at her now, the overrated diva, who gets praised for doing simple shit when other people take more risks than that. I'm calling it now, K2= Future trish.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 3:10 am

How has Kelly made history?

I don't really see that.

And Kelly as the new Trish?

Still don't see that since imo she would be the new Torrie Wilson/Stacy Kiebler.

Trish won the belt < 2 years of being in wwe and it took Kelly 5 so imo she is more Torrie/Stacy like then Trish even if Torrie/Stacy never won the belt
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

Sugar.Honey.Sexy.Baby wrote:
Honestly, she does do the same shit over, but every wrestler has a set of moves, i dont im glad she got it, i knew she would, i was figuering, and if layla could have been a champ so could she, i still think layla is better, she's got better carisma and acting skills, and ring skill than kelly, but lets face it, kelly is a modern trish, over praised of the same shit, kelly and trish both are good on the eyes, they do a few moves and they "make history" this shit reminds me of when trish won her first title, and look at her now, the overrated diva, who gets praised for doing simple shit when other people take more risks than that. I'm calling it now, K2= Future trish.

So wrestling is about taking risk?

You are walking a VERY thin line there. Trish is NOT a great wrestler, WWE does not recognize her as so, and i think many fans don't either.

She is a GREAT entertainer. I'm asuming you are refering to Lita when you say "taking risk", Lita is AS over rated as Trish is, she was sloppy, lack of technical ability and was basically Jeff Hardy minus the paint drinking and drugs. But LIKE Trish, she was an entertainer and diffrent. So you are telling me if Trish was a small chested burnette with a HUGE nose, would things be diffrent for her?

Of Course it would but when Trish was made champion she didn't stop, she continued and I'm pretty sure the women wouldn't have had as much opportunities as they did now if it wasn't for Trish. SHE was well aware how many power she had and used that to get more women on TV, get more segments, I'm really really hoping Trish gets a job backstage because she can really help get the women on TV. She was getting a small procentage of her merchindice that is being sold.

People could say what they want but Trish helped the division in a HUGE way and really when have you heard a bad report about Trish? Many of her peers have respect for her because she came out of nothing and MADE a name for herself.

Comparing Kelly to Trish is over doing it. Kelly doesn't have the backstage pull, doesn't have the star caliber Trish Had.

People need to get off Trish's back, like honestely...I hate the bitch....but she has done a lot for women's wrestling in general. Even people who work the indy scene have HUGE respect for her and also consider her a pioneer because MANY of them are thankfull for the doors she has opened even for them on the indy scene. She brought an interest to women's wrestling, Women's wrestling was put on the map and so Shimmer, WSU, Chickfight etc got to have some fame.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 10:57 am

And why are you fartassing around here and just decided not to come on msn?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

Rated X F'n Superstar wrote:
And why are you fartassing around here and just decided not to come on msn?

I was...and you were busy....so Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
Number of posts : 1692
Job/hobbies : Being the person you all love :)
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Favorite WWE Diva : paige
Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke Tessmacher
Rosita

Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptySun 26 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

i just dont understand her hype, just like kelly's they have too much hype to me. Trish wasnt special at all, but people look at her like she is on some pedesool. I know lots of people who mark out for her.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 12:09 am

Trish went from a model to a good wrestler, she actually improved dramatically in the years she was there, Kelly hasn't improved in her 5 years. Trish was also really good on the mic and very charismatic, Kelly isn't, and Trish told a story in that ring, something Kelly of course doesn't do. So I don't see Kelly as a future Trish
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 8:13 am

I think we need to stop the Kelly/Trish comparisons. Kelly is nothing like Trish personality, wrestling, booking or charisma wise. She is NOTHING like Trish.

Compare Kelly to Torrie or the Kat or something.
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

Some people overrate Trish as a wrestler but she was great on the mic and had loads of charisma. Much better as a heel than a face plus she was one of the first women with a very sexy image who could also put on a decent match. She and Kelly are both blonde and female, that's about it as far as I can see.

I'd like Beth to get involved with the title picture and have a fatal fourway with the Bellas, Kelly and Beth with Beth turning heel and crushing Kelly. I think Kellys title reign will only be a couple of monthes but that seems to be standard nowadays. I do think with Kelly as champion the womens division might get more attention now due to her popularity that they need to capitalise on.

Meh don't really care about Raw, marking out for the SD girls these days.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 5:14 pm

Kelly didn't take risks? she's taken a lot of big bumps in the past. you can't deny that she's the most popular diva they have right now. i think she has shown improvement. compare all her Raw matches from 2010 and then her matches this year. she has improved her moveset greatly and she has evolved from the simple smiley happy diva she used to be. she can inject personality now and is good at getting the crowd going. she's not as good as Gail, Beth, Nattie or Eve but she's a competent worker. plus the likes of Trish, Lita, Melina and arguably Mickie and Victoria got the title before they were really ready. Kelly's been in WWE for five years now. and that "not a true wrestler unless you've been on the indies" attitude is just being a snob. there's no reason to resent her for not working longer since she had to learn to wrestle while being on TV at the same time
Back to top Go down
TornadoDDT
AKA Silverz
TornadoDDT

Male
Number of posts : 693
Favorite WWE Diva : Sasha Banks
Stephanie McMahon
Paige
AJ Lee
Eva Marie

Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 7:04 pm

Hmmm......

Headscissors
Slams face in the mat
Bulldog
Screaming "COME ONNNNN!"
Thez press with punches that CLEARLY don't connect
Stink Face
Finisher.

Yeah...she's improved. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 7:10 pm

TornadoDDT wrote:
Hmmm......

Headscissors
Slams face in the mat
Bulldog
Screaming "COME ONNNNN!"
Thez press with punches that CLEARLY don't connect
Stink Face
Finisher.

Yeah...she's improved. Rolling Eyes
hilarious
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 8:09 pm

ricky_says_hi wrote:
Kelly didn't take risks? she's taken a lot of big bumps in the past. you can't deny that she's the most popular diva they have right now. i think she has shown improvement. compare all her Raw matches from 2010 and then her matches this year. she has improved her moveset greatly and she has evolved from the simple smiley happy diva she used to be. she can inject personality now and is good at getting the crowd going. she's not as good as Gail, Beth, Nattie or Eve but she's a competent worker. plus the likes of Trish, Lita, Melina and arguably Mickie and Victoria got the title before they were really ready. Kelly's been in WWE for five years now. and that "not a true wrestler unless you've been on the indies" attitude is just being a snob. there's no reason to resent her for not working longer since she had to learn to wrestle while being on TV at the same time

Lol just stop defending. People here have a one track mind.

Though i DON't believe she's a good worker. I could see WHY WWE tossed the gold on her, she'll probably have a lengthy reign as well.

WWE's women's division is in a slump, nobody cares and it's a great time to take a break. So they put the title on the most popular girl in the WWE ATM. It's not a HUGE step, but it's a step towards the right direction.

WWE has made many questionable reigns and this is NOT one of them.

It's like TNA throwing the title on Velvet Sky, she still suck after almost a decade in wrestling...BUT she has build such a huge popularity within the TNA community, I WOULDN't have an issue with it, i could see WHY they did it.

This move has NOTHING to do with her wrestling. She can look passable, she's really popular, let's take a chance on her.

All I'm saying, give the poor girl a break, you all know DAMN her winning this had NOTHING to do with how great of a wrestler she is.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 9:10 pm

LOOK AT OUR SAVIOR. BETTER THAN LAYLA, 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE BELLA SLUTS. DIDNT WHINE ABOUT WRESTLEMANIA...THATS OUR SAVIOR :D

marking out over
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 11:48 pm

As far as comparing Kelly to Trish...

When fans talk about what the Divas are capable of, how they can do some great storylines and have matches that keep people glued to the TV rather than be dismissed with "Bathroom break," it's three feuds from the last decade that are used as the prime examples, the only debate being which of them was the greatest Diva feud, ever...

Lita vs Trish Stratus
Mickie James vs Trish Stratus
Victoria vs Trish Stratus

Hmm... Is there a trend, here? Some common denominator? Something specific they have in common that elevated these feuds to getting crowd reactions otherwise reserved for the top feuds of the men?

There's a reason Trish is called the Rock of the Women's Division. To those who will say "Oh, anybody could have done that..." If that's the case, why can we mark the decline of the Women's Division as starting when Trish retired?

Also, let's look at where Trish was at the point in her career that Kelly is, now, five years in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5-kXGVdiWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxTiSCIeJf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzNKBm63S4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4mxkWrXEPA

Trish was second only to Triple H as Raw's top heel duriing this time. The thing is, she didn't actually do a face turn, that year. The crowds just started backing her more and more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3h6GZSxi-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeGF53o49nk

Trish could get the crowds to care about a Diva storyline, completely work them, whether she was a face or heel. She just got better every year.

After the same amount of years, Kelly isn't close to what Trish's level was, here.

She's not the next Trish Stratus. She's not the physically imposing type, for one thing. We'll see what she can do as the first Kelly Kelly. The real test will be getting the crowds to see her as more than a pretty face, to get her character and storylines over, to get people to care about the Championship.

Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:16 am

At the end of the day... WWE divas still only get about 5 minutes or less of air time per show (at least on Raw), so make of that what you will.
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 3:44 am

WarGreymon77 wrote:
At the end of the day... WWE divas still only get about 5 minutes or less of air time per show (at least on Raw), so make of that what you will.

Lita said it's up to the Champion to get the fans interested, and she was in a position to know. It's worth noting how the Lita/Trish feud 0f 2004-05 built. It started with a short two minute or so segment. That went over well, so they had another. Then another. Then, they were thrown into the Campionship picture. By the end of 2004, they were the Main Event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com   Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com Empty

Back to top Go down

Kelly Kelly's Title Photo Shoot and Interview W/ WWE.com
Page 1 of 1