Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!

Go down 
+2
Did You Miss Her?
King Silva
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! Empty
PostSubject: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! Desperate-Housewives_320

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/05/desperate-housewives-to-end-next-may/

EW has learned that Desperate Housewives will end its eight-year run on ABC in May. The network is expected to make it official on Sunday, when it meets with the nation’s TV critics in Beverly Hills.

News of the show’s series finale doesn’t come as a huge surprise, since the four stars recently went through a protracted — and pricey — salary renegotiation to return for another season of the Sunday drama. (Earning north of $400,000 per episode, they were already among the highest-paid actresses in prime time). Still, the drama’s core cast — which includes Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria — were reportedly shocked by the decision, as creator Marc Cherry had indicated that he wanted the show to extend through a ninth year.

Housewives — which has earned multiple awards since its 2004 premiere, including Emmys for Huffman and Kathryn Joosten– certainly isn’t the most-talked about series on TV right now but it remains a stable player on ABC’s lineup. Though not as competitive as it used to be, the series averaged 11.9 million viewers last season (down from 14.1 million the previous year) and a 3.9 rating among adults 18-49 (down from a 4.9). It’s been averaging a drop of a full ratings point each season over the last three years.

Meanwhile, Cherry has begun to focus on ABC’s future. He developed a drama called Hallelujah that didn’t get a pickup for fall. He’s now rewriting the high-concept show about a Tennessee town that finds itself being torn apart by forces of good and evil. There’s even a musical element to the show.

In addition to his duties on Housewives, the new project no doubt provided a welcome respite from the drama that’s currently winding its way through the court system involving ex-Wisteria Lane resident Nicollette Sheridan. The actress alleged that she was wrongfully terminated from Housewives after getting into an argument with Cherry. Though the initial news of Sheridan’s departure was a shocker, the show continued without losing a beat, especially after it added Vanessa Williams as Renee Perry to the neighborhood.

Next season’s premiere on Sept. 25 should be particularly interesting to fans since it will address this season’s big cliffhanger. All of the women are hiding the murder of a man who raped Gaby when she was a child. The baddo was actually Gaby’s stepfather, played by Ugly Betty’s Tony Plana. Gaby’s husband Carlos was the one who killed him but all the women witnessed the murder.

Housewives has always been at its best when all four of the women are knee-deep in some sort of nightmare.
----------------------------------------------
Is anyone a fan of Desperate Housewives?
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 11:02 pm

YAY!!!!! I'm happy they're getting another season. I wonder what's going to happen with them all now, since they know the truth.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 11:04 pm

^ So you are a fan but you are happy it's ending?

My best friend is a BIG fan so I'm sure she will be really sad. 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! 478927
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 11:11 pm

I'm a huge fan, but the show is starting to run it's course and I'd rather see the show go out on top then stay around and pump out piss poor episodes and storylines like Heroes did. Of course I'll be sad, but with the way all the characters have progressed and moved on, it ending soon will be a good thing.

Last edited by PRAISE APRIL HUNTER!!!! on Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 11:14 pm

^ I know how you feel.

Sometimes shows should end so they don't end on a bad note.

8 seasons is pretty good for a show too.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptyFri 05 Aug 2011, 11:17 pm

And with the way they've aged all the little kids on the show, the mainstars have to be pushing 60 now there's not many believable situations they can be put in and still have the audience believing and caring.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 3:54 am

So this year I lost United States of Tara, 30 Rock, Desperate Housewives....and while the status of Weeds is still up in the air???? HOW WILL I SURVIVE!! HOW WILL I SURVIVE!!
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 4:23 am

cant wait to see how it ends smile
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 9:47 am

PRAISE APRIL HUNTER!!!! wrote:
I'm a huge fan, but the show is starting to run it's course and I'd rather see the show go out on top then stay around and pump out piss poor episodes and storylines like Heroes did. Of course I'll be sad, but with the way all the characters hasprogressed and moved on, it ending soon will be a good thing.

I agree with this completely.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! EmptySat 06 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm

I saw the first few seasons but sometimes, the show in question has to end. 8 years is a long time. They should all be proud.

I'll watch the final season for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!   'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012! Empty

Back to top Go down

'Desperate Housewives' to End its Run in May 2012!
Page 1 of 1