Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event Empty
PostSubject: 8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event   8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event EmptySat 20 Aug 2011, 8:39 am

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_52376.shtml

WWE Raw house show results
August 19, 2011
Regina, Sk., Canada
Report by Gord of Regina, PWTorch reader

I was at the Raw house show Friday night and I thought it was one of the best ones I have been to in years for a house show.

(1) Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne beat WWE tag champions Michael McGillicutty & David Otunga in a non-title match. This match had some good spots in it, but was slow to start. It lasted about 15 minutes and ended with Kofi hitting Trouble in Paradise before he tagged in Evan Bourne so he could hit Air Bourne for the win. It is only a matter of time before these two are tag champs.

(2) Zack Ryder beat Drew McIntyre. Ryder was cheered by the whole crowd, and was loving it. McIntyre beat Ryder throughout the match, but, in the end, Ryder landed a Rough Ryder for the win. "Woo, woo, woo." This match lasted about ten minutes. (Editor's Note: a virtual repeat of their match on Superstars this week.)

(3) Santino beat Jack Swagger. This was your typical comedy match. Swagger played the role of frustrated heel as Santino joked around all match. Swagger started with a big assault until Santino entered Hulk Up phase. Swagger smashed Santino's head into the corner, which allowed Santino to gain energy and hit the Cobra for the win.

Eve came out to pick four contestants for a special contest later in the show.

Dolph Ziggler came out next and cut a great heel promo. He said Canada sucks, Canadians such, we are "America, Jr.," and we will never be a country on his map. Cue Alex Riley's music for the interruption. Dolph gets back on the mic and says, "I don't have to defend the U.S. Title in Canada, and I am not going to." Riley says the people came to see a fight, not talk. This brought Ziggler back into the ring for a match.

(4) U.S. champion Dolph Ziggler beat Alex Riley in a non-title match. They had a great back-and-forth match, reversal after reversal. In the end, Ziggler hit the Zig-Zag for the win. Vickie was not there.

Justin Roberts then announced a double main event tonight with the winner of the following match facing John Cena for the WWE Title.

Ricardo Rodriguez then introduced WWE champion Alberto Del Rio. Huge heat and he took his time getting to the ring. Del Rio did his poses toward my buddy and me since we were in the only ones wearing Del Rio shirts in a sea of Punk and Cena t-shirts. Out came Punk as his opponent.

(5) WWE champion Alberto Del Rio beat C.M. Punk in a non-title match. This was a good match - one you would see on Raw. Punk hit all of his signature moves, but, in the end, Ricardo distracted Punk, who ended up losing. After the match, Ricardo stayed in the ring and taunted Punk while Del Rio celebrated on the outside. Punk then got Ricardo and chased Del Rio out of the arena.

[Brief Intermission]

(6) Divas champion Kelly Kelly beat Beth Phoenix to retain the Divas Title. Typical Divas match. Beth dominated and Kelly hit a few crowd-pleasing moves - stinkface and facebuster - before the match ended with Kelly rolling up Beth for the win in about three minutes.

Eve came back out and brought the four contestants into the ring. (1) Tall, goofy guy with dreads, who was booed the whole time. (2) Attractive blonde, who clearly couldn't dance. (3) Attractive brunette, who was very, very good at dancing. (4) A little boy, who pulled off some break dancing moves and looked pretty good. The little kid won and got to hang out with the Superstars backstage for the rest of the show.

R-Truth then came out and went on about the "C-O-N-Spirecy," and how he was supposed have a match against John Morrison, but he stole Morrison's car keys, so there won't be a match with him tonight. The crowd chanted, "What?" and he freaked out about it. He said he was done and started to leave, but Morrison's music hit and he came out. Truth looking shocked.

(7) John Morrison beat R-Truth. This was a quick match - only about seven minutes with Morrison hitting Starship Pain for the win.

Prior to the main event, Ricardo returned to the ring. Out came Del Rio, who came over to our side and pointed at my shirt, pointed at the WWE merchandise stand, and gave me a smile & wink. John Cena then came out to a huge pop. The match was about to start, but another ref ran down with a note. Justin Roberts read the note "from the new COO, Triple H." (You mean he is there and doesn't have time to come out himself?) The note said due to the actions of Ricardo earlier tonight, he was banned from ringside.

(8) John Cena beat WWE champion Alberto Del Rio via DQ; Del Rio retained the WWE Title. The match started with Cena taking it to Del Rio right away and getting him on the run. There was a point were Del Rio had Cena down outside the ring and I said, "Kick him in the head." Del Rio looked my way, smiled, and booted Cena in the head. Cena controlled most of the match, the went for the Attitude Adjustment, but bumped the ref to knock him out. Ricardo then came down and started hitting Cena with a chair. The ref woke up and saw this, so he DQ'd Del Rio.

After the match, Ricardo and Del Rio beat down Cena until C.M. Punk made the save. The show ended with Punk standing on the outside looking at Cena and saying, "Now you owe me one."

Biggest Cheers:

(1) Cena & Punk (equally)
(2) Zack Ryder
(3) Kofi Kingston
- Believe it or not, Justin Roberts was getting cheered. It seemed like over half the stadium was chanting, "Justin Roberts."

Biggest Boos:

(1) Alberto Del Rio
(2) Dolph Ziggler
(3) R-Truth

Overall: 8/10. This was a good show, but after intermission, the matches went from averaging 12-15 minutes to 7-10 minutes.

--------------------------------------
Do you want to see any of these matches?
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event   8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 2:32 am

the first and second match seem good.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event   8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 9:56 am

SMH...

So, Del Rio beats Punk; then Cena defeats the champion?

Mofos can't even catch a break during a house show. WTF?!

Someone Tonya Harding his ass out of Pro Wrestling, period! WHHYYYYYY? 8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event 940117
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event   8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event Empty

Back to top Go down

8/19 WWE Results in Regina, Canada: Del Rio & Cena & Punk Double Main Event
Page 1 of 1