Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies Empty
PostSubject: Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies   Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 4:50 pm

Sounds like Twentieth Century Fox is only having caviar home-delivered now, not hot beer.

Tom Rothman says the studio has reconsidered how they handle their comic book properties (after the terrible “Elektra”, “Wolverine” and “Fantastic Four : Rise of the Silver Surfer” they’d wanna!) having seen how audiences, critics and the box-office responded to this year’s “X-Men : First Class” which, as the title suggests, was classy, first-rate entertainment.

The studio chief tells MTV that work is underway on an “X-Men” sequel, as well as reboots of both “Daredevil” and “Fantastic Four”, all of which he says he’ll take his time with in order to make sure the script is as good as it can be before they roll film.

Rothman says a “First Class” sequel is a big priority for him.

“We’re trying as hard as we can. We really want to do it. We’re planning to do it.” He also made it clear that its success has made the studio reevaluate how they handle comic book movies. “The reason, in addition to those two guys and Matthew Vaughn, that it was as good as it was that the script was really good. The key to making a great continuing franchise is to have a great script, so we’re working hard on it.”

As for the aforesaid reboots, “‘Daredevil’ is still with David Slade. It’s in development now. We’re working on it and ‘Fantastic Four.’” He added: “I think for all of us, the bar has been raised, so we’ve got to aim high now. Marvel’s done a terrific job with their films. Where our Marvel movies are concerned or other movies like that. It’s like what we had with ‘Planet of the Apes’ this summer. I think it’s important for us to really aim high and deliver an A-level experience to the audience.”

The studio, of course, also has “The Wolverine” in development which, as per Rothman’s comments above, has been postponed due to director switches but largely to make they can get the script in the best place it can be.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies   Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies EmptyFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:06 pm

I am really looking forward to X-Men: First Class II. smile

And a reboot of Fantastic 4 would interest me.

The reboot of Daredevil would sorta interest me but I would have to see how it was before I finally decided yes or no.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies   Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 1:38 am

a reboot for Daredevil would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies   Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Rothman confirms new X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four movies
Page 1 of 1