Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More Empty
PostSubject: Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More   Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 8:47 pm

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Booker_T_Talks_About_Being_SmackDown_s_New_GM_Doing_Commentary_In_WWE.html

WWE Smackdown General Manager Booker T spoke with Jim Varsallone of the Miami Herald this week. Here are some highlights of what Booker said about:

Grading His Performance As An Announcer: "I give myself a C, maybe a C , maybe. That job is a job you’ve got to learn on the job and literally study on a weekly basis. You’ve literally got to stay in tune to what’s going on in life as well, just to stay fresh.

"Being a commentator is something I jumped into headfirst, not knowing exactly what I was getting myself into. I looked at it as a learning experience. I never tried to put myself over Michael Cole or Josh Mathews or tried to make myself the voice of Smackdown or anything like that."

Finding Out He Would Be SmackDown's New GM: "Vince McMahon gave me the news, and my initial thoughts were 'OK.' More than anything it was a great honor to be named general manager of Smackdown by Vince McMahon, a guy who I respect so much, a guy I learned from, a guy who’s mentored me so many years. It was a great, great day for me. It really was."

What He Can Learn From Previous General Managers: “I can learn a lot from John Laurinaitis. He was a stern G.M. He made some crazy, stupid decisions, but sometimes he made some really good decisions. He went out and upheld the position as far as being real serious about it.

“Vickie Guerrero, she went out and entertained to the utmost. That’s what this job is going to entail. I have to go out and entertain the fans. I got to give them the best show on Friday night I possibly can give ‘em. Everybody knows the personality of Booker T. Everybody knows I’m a little offbeat sometimes. It’s going to be great. Friday Night SmackDown, you can look forward to some highly entertaining content.”
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More   Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 12:36 am

his commentating isnt too bad.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More   Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More EmptySun 19 Aug 2012, 3:11 am

I wasn't a fan really.

Him giving himself a C is pretty sad though.

At least give yourself a B-...

I'd say he was C+/B- commentating.

So far as GM he is decent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More   Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More Empty

Back to top Go down

Booker T Talks About Being SmackDown's New GM, Doing Commentary & More
Page 1 of 1