Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...."

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...." Empty
PostSubject: Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...."   Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...." EmptyWed 29 May 2013, 11:37 am

Actor Henry Cavill was just profiled in the Men's Magazine, Details but before the interview commenced, the article's writer got to see some footage from Zack Snyder's film. Here's how he described the scene.

In a darkened editing bay on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, California, Man of Steel footage rolls on a 70-inch screen. Finally, here's the director Zack Snyder's long-awaited, top-secret Clark Kent: swarthy and muscular, working at a bar on a lonely stretch of highway. No Brooks Brothers. No glasses. No Daily Planet. Instead, Kent, in jeans and a henley, is a drifter, bouncing from job to job, not yet ready to assume his true calling, not yet given the chance. Kent finds work far from any Metropolis. Among deckhands. And roughnecks. And wasted truckers who grope innocent women while he buses tables. He tells them to stop. They get aggressive, tossing beer, throwing punches. One connects and he takes it. Kent walks away, seething. He later lashes out, unleashing his long-pent-up wrath on inanimate aluminum and steel. This is Clark Kent struggling, grappling with the possibility of keeping his powers secret forever.

Are you still with me? That sounds like an important moment in the journey Clark takes towards becoming the Man of Steel. From here however, the footage ends and the interview begins as Cavill and present company dive into the Q&A. After losing out on some big roles, Cavill landed a star role on the Showtime series, The Tudors. What did he do in his downtime? He read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time fantasy series (sorry Game of Thrones advocates). "The books are about the rise of a chosen one with great powers," Cavill said of the fantasy series. Pretty fitting considering the actors current situation. "I'd stay up until five, six in the morning reading. I couldn't put them down, said Cavill of the late Jordan's epic fantasy saga. The actor has also admitted in previous interviews that he's a big World of Warcraft player as well. So while he didn't read many comic book growing up, please don't doubt his geek cred.

Finally tackling the task at hand, Cavill says, "My version of Superman, is essentially of a guy who has spent his whole life alone." Well Cavill is certainly not alone at the moment, his girlfriend is Gina Carano (Fast & Furious 6) and the actress conveniently pegged to be the next Wonder Woman. Cavill admits a bit of nervousness about the role of Superman, acknowledging that he currently doesn't have a job lined up at the moment. Bu the interview was conducted in April and news just dropped today that he's in talks to replace Tom Cruise in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Cavill is proud of Man of Steel however, "But I cannot wait for this movie to come out. The studio just showed me the completed cut. I literally asked to watch it twice in a row. I'm so excited. I just want to show it to the world." Cavil also reveals that he currently signed up to play Superman in at least two more films.

Details even managed to land a few choice quotes from Superman nemesis General Zod (Michael Shannon) who praised Cavill and said he's on the cusp of super stardom. "Henry's about to be one of the more famous people on the planet," said Shannon. The actor went on to add, "Getting to play Superman is a blessing and a curse. It's a hard character to capture. He's devoid of animosity or sarcasm, but he's not a dullard either. It's an overwhelming movie, and Henry's right in the middle of it, and he just carries it like a champ."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman_movies/news/?a=80437#WuzOMGy8M0gdYPd7.99
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...." Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...."   Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...." EmptyWed 29 May 2013, 6:06 pm

Wow I didn't know he was dating Gina Carano.

That would be kinda cool if Super Man and Wonder Woman [if she gets that role] are dating in real life.

I've liked him since The Tudors so I'm happy he is doing well.

The Man of Steel looks really good so I look forward to it.
Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL, "My Version Of Superman Is...."
Page 1 of 1