Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  Empty
PostSubject: Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"    Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 4:24 pm

Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  0604-taryn-terrell-bruises-1

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/05/tna-taryn-terrell-wrestler-bruised-hardcore-match/

The chick-vs-chick beatdown at Slammiversary XI is already being hailed as one of the most FEROCIOUS matches in female wrestling history ... and one of the TNA knockouts has the battle wounds to prove it.

Taryn Terrell knows ... there's nothing fake about being slammed on your head or launched onto your back from several feet above the ground ... because after Sunday's big "Last Knockout Standing" match in Boston, she was covered in bruises.

The 27-year-old tells TMZ ... she's overwhelmed by all the praise she's been getting since the match ... and says she's just happy to help bring more attention to women's wrestling.

Taryn adds, "People underestimate me for being blonde and bubbly, but I'm an athlete, and I have a passion for wrestling ... I'll do whatever it takes to prove people wrong."

-------------------------------

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_71086.shtml#.Ua-NjZzKUbw

In a PWTorch.com Poll, Taryn vs. Gail recently took the lead for Best Match of the PPV, with 36 percent of the vote. Kurt Angle vs. A.J. Styles, which has 34 percent, was initially the top vote-getter before Taryn-Gail took the top spot.

Caldwell's Analysis: The last part of Taryn's quote about doing whatever it takes to prove herself in the ring is concerning. It's concerning anytime a wrestler - male or female - says that. It should be the responsibility of management and agents to protect the wrestlers; as PWTorch columnist Bruce Mitchell stressed in his Slammiversary PPV Roundtable (which will be published in this week's PWTorch Newsletter), asking an inexperienced Terrell to take hard bumps on the ramp and outside the ring was highly questionable, independent of the strong response the match received.
Back to top Go down
Serial
World Champion
World Champion
Serial

Male
Number of posts : 2062
Job/hobbies : At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Santino Marella, The Shield.
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Paige.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, TJ Perkins.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell, Velvet Sky, Brooke Tessmacher, Christy Hemme.
Registration date : 2010-12-23

Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"    Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 5:25 pm

Caldwell being an expert should realize that the major promotions could care less about their talent's well-being. WWE and TNA care about the ratings, merchandise, and most importantly... the money.

It's why they have their talent work as "independent contractors" instead of "employees." It's why talent like Zema Ion has to look elsewhere for help with his illness (and without insurance), instead the company he works for.

The only difference when it comes to WWE and TNA, is that the former will pay for surgeries, exams, etc. But they don't do it for the right reasons as you may speculate. It allows them to take bigger tax deductions, and spin their "good will" into a positive light. All in all, they do it for the money (whether it be gaining, saving, or investing.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dafk.net/what/
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"    Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 5:48 pm

Yeah the independent contractor thing is just shady but they get away with it so they will keep doing it..

As for this instance I don't think TNA made Taryn do these high spots she wanted to have a great match with Gail so I believe they were allowed to do so. It payed off big time so it was worth it imo.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"    Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  EmptyWed 05 Jun 2013, 11:28 pm

It's a big PPV match and she's not inexperienced. She's been wrestling from 2008-2010 and was in OVW for a further year and a half before wrestling on TNA television. It's not as if she was only in her rookie year. If she is willing to do those bumps then that's fine. People seem to imagine that she improvised them on the fly. How long in advance was this match announced? Do they not think Taryn and Gail would have spent some of that time preparing for the match?

It is a valid concern however. I remember at a show I was working back in January one guy did a spot where he had his leg bent back and tied up in his own gear and got thrown over the top rope. I was watching from backstage when it happened and the vets behind me were furious at it. Afterall it was a show with maybe 150 people in the crowd and he just threw his own personal safety out the window. He was fine afterwards but it was still very reckless. I actually get a lot of stick from a few of the other trainees for not doing suicide dives or top rope moves since I'm a high flyer and I'm apparently supposed to be doing them. Personally I've never wanted to do a suicide dive and they're far too easy to mess up. And I can't stand properly on the top rope so I choose not to jump off it. And I get stick for actually thinking about my own personal safety. So you can understand the attitude a lot of wrestlers have where they bump first and think later.

I think Taryn is a bit different though - she's not a loose cannon in the ring a la Jeff Hardy. I think she did those big bumps because they were for a big match with a big storyline behind it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"    Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"  Empty

Back to top Go down

Taryn Terrell Suffers Multiple Bruises From Slammiversary [Pics], Comments To TMZ About "Proving People Wrong"
Page 1 of 1