Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Praise From Ed Brubaker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

More CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Praise From Ed Brubaker Empty
PostSubject: More CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Praise From Ed Brubaker   More CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Praise From Ed Brubaker EmptySun 22 Sep 2013, 11:00 pm

USA Today's latest Sunday Geekersation entry features a Q&A with Ed Brubaker about his upcoming supernatural noir comic book, Fatale. As the comic writer's most acclaimed Marvel story arc is hitting the big screen next summer, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Brubaker talked a bit about the anticipated adaptation. "I read the script and I was really blown away by it," he said. "The tone of it and the Bucky stuff is so perfect and the way I'd want it to be, I was so thrilled to see that. But to me the biggest thing, too, is it's the first time Marvel has put out a movie where there's a specific book the title of the movie relates to. And now they're doing that with Avengers: Age of Ultron. They're putting out a hardcover collection of Captain America: Winter Soldier and that's because that movie is coming out." Ed Brubaker continues, "That is the first time Marvel has one specific book to point people to, as opposed to when X-Men: First Class came out and there's 15 trade paperbacks and people who see the movie don't know which one to pick up. So it's exciting, as the guy who gets royalties for that book."

In other Captain America: The Winter Soldier news, Singaporean actor Chin Han, who plays World Security Councilman Yen, talked more with The Straits Times about his role in the Marvel sequel and how it differentiates from The Dark Knight. "[Christopher Nolan's movie] was more a crime movie than a superhero movie," he said. "Captain America is more true to its comic origins and doing it was a lot of fun. I got to do some action and it was a fun way to spend one spring."

Meanwhile, the official Captain America: The Winter Soldier site recently went live with a preview of what everyone assumed was composer Henry Jackman's official score. However, Slash Film received confirmation from Disney reps that the musical clip is actually "library music." It has been speculated that the music is actually from the first offical trailer, which debuts near Thor: The Dark World's early November release. Anyhow, IMDB has revealed a minor addition to The Winter Soldier cast: Battle: Los Angeles actor Adetokumboh M'Cormack is set to play Machete in the movie. The character is an established Marvel villain and, in the comics, he was a member of Batroc's Brigade. And of course, UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre plays Batroc the Leaper in the movie.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=87472#aU7Y2eOhh9KC7EVY.99
Back to top Go down

More CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 Praise From Ed Brubaker
Page 1 of 1