Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? Empty
PostSubject: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 5:25 pm

What's good of a wrestling message board when there's no thread that talks about your favorite wrestlers? Basically in this thread, you name your top ten favorite wrestlers. NO DIVAS!!!! I'll make a seperate one for the ladies.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 5:52 pm

um toughie i will do 20 i think...just giving answers for the top ten though

20 - Rikishi
19 - Elijah Burke
18 - Robert Roode
17 - James Storm
16 - Edge
15 - Lance Storm
14 - The Rock
13 - HHH
12 - AJ Styles
11 - William Regal

10 - DDP (wcw days) i started watching WCW around the time he was peakin with Randy Savage....and i just liked him...and his feud with Undertaker could of been a way to elevate him back to some former of upper midcard status...but what happens, hes demotted to being a guru and winning the european title.

9- Dolph Ziggler, hes fast becoming one of my favourite superstars in wwe currently, i didnt like him at all in SSQuad, mainly due to the lame gimmick, but hes the only one of them left currently, has a lot of potential, is over as a heel, charasmatic, talented and young enough to be one of the young stars that Vince is after

8- Kurt Angle (WWE Days) he was bloody good as a wrestler, great as a heel, and evem got well as a face, hes had soo many match of the year nominations and wins...i just dont like him in TNA cos everything has been about him since

7 HBK. he is charamatic, funny, always put on good matches and entertained me, what is there more to ask for.

6 Undertaker his american badass days, he was just awsome back then to me, and even now he puts on brilliant matches, him and micheals put on the greatest mania match since steamboat/savage at wm3...my only problem with him now is his entrance.

5 John Morrison. He may only be new and not a legend like the ones that i chose before him. But hes charasmatic and a brilliant wrestler.he is going to be the future of the buisness, and i cant wait til he becomes world champ when jeff finally leaves. I was doubtful that he would be able to get to the next level, espically when i heard of his face turn, but hes gone from strength to strength since becoming a face, so im happy.

4 Chris Sabin. hes exciting and talented and a staple in TNA, he couldve made it to world title contention back in 06, hes young enough to make it there again, if it wasnt for TNA becoming the formers of WWE. Great X champ

3 Christopher Daniels, certainly as far as booking in TNA goes, hes very underated (if thats the term im thinking of) he shoulda been World champion LONG ago, and just like Sabin hes being held back because of the MEM

2 CM Punk. hes certainly one of the best grounded wrestlers in the current world of pro wrestling, hes exciting to watch and managed to step upto the plate as the top guy on SD with the current activity of its former top stars Taker and Edge, this i give him props for as WWE where a bit worried he couldnt do it..well he has.

1 Kane. Sure hes not the greatest technically. But for all we know he could be good at holds, and other technical mumbo jumbo, he just doesnt need to show these sides to him, due to his size and his booking as a powerful, brawling, highflyer kinda dude. Hes a good high flyer, and isnt afraid at his age to get on the top ropes and fly to the outside. Kane has been overlooked as a Main Event star for years. He was the first star i ever got marking for, because of the fact he wore a cool mask, had cool music and was this big machine, it was an intriguing character. He became a world champ before most of the multiple time champs, guys like Rock, HHH, Mankind, Big Show and Angle. but his reign lasted for a mere 24 hours,which is one of the most annoying things in the history of WWE from my point of view. Ive said for a while now that Kane couldve been made World champ *and the first masked world champ at that* during his 2002 feud with HHH and the Katie Vick nonsense, at No Mercy 2002 with both titles on the line, that was the perfect way for Kane to get revenge on HHH by taking his prized possetion..but WWE decided to keep it on HHH, and then what happens next, the demask him, killing his character and killing his momentum, and other then his first year of being unmasked Kane has been stuck in a rutt and has gone lower and lower down in the WWEs eyes, which frustrates me to no end. Even then, When Kane was unmasked firstly, turning heel and beating RVD and Shane, that gave him enough momentum to again challenge and win the title, and again WWE didnt do it. There was time in the past few years where Kane could do it, instead hes buried by ReyRey and keeps being shoved in lame feuds with Khali. Now i know that Kane doesnt want to be world champ, and he possibly didnt want to be one back in 02 and 03 when he had momentum, which shows what sort of person he is, being willing to not be champ and instead help elevate other guys into the limelight...but a token REAL world, not this ECW crap title would be suffice.

My top 10s fav matches
DDP - v Savage at Halloween Havoc 97
Dolph Ziggler - v Morrison on SD
Kurt Angle - v HBK at WM21
HBK - v Taker at WM25
Taker - v HBK at WM25
John Morrison - v Tyson Kidd on SD
Chris Sabin - v AJ and Samoa Joe (cant member ppv)
Daniels - w/ AJ v AMW (again cant member ppv)
CM Punk - v Morrison on SD
Kane - Royal Rumble 2001 (his performance and the basic concept of the match really made me mark for the Rumble to this day)
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 5:54 pm

there were 2 AMW vs AJ and Daniels matches....Sacrifice and Slammiversary 06 i do believe
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 5:56 pm

it was the one where they won the titles..lol im sure both were brill ahaha
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:01 pm

LL "THE GREAT" wrote:
um toughie i will do 20 i think...just giving answers for the top ten though

20 - Rikishi
19 - Elijah Burke
18 - Robert Roode
17 - James Storm
16 - Edge
15 - Lance Storm
14 - The Rock
13 - HHH
12 - AJ Styles
11 - William Regal

10 - DDP (wcw days) i started watching WCW around the time he was peakin with Randy Savage....and i just liked him...and his feud with Undertaker could of been a way to elevate him back to some former of upper midcard status...but what happens, hes demotted to being a guru and winning the european title.

9- Dolph Ziggler, hes fast becoming one of my favourite superstars in wwe currently, i didnt like him at all in SSQuad, mainly due to the lame gimmick, but hes the only one of them left currently, has a lot of potential, is over as a heel, charasmatic, talented and young enough to be one of the young stars that Vince is after

8- Kurt Angle (WWE Days) he was bloody good as a wrestler, great as a heel, and evem got well as a face, hes had soo many match of the year nominations and wins...i just dont like him in TNA cos everything has been about him since

7 HBK. he is charamatic, funny, always put on good matches and entertained me, what is there more to ask for.

6 Undertaker his american badass days, he was just awsome back then to me, and even now he puts on brilliant matches, him and micheals put on the greatest mania match since steamboat/savage at wm3...my only problem with him now is his entrance.

5 John Morrison. He may only be new and not a legend like the ones that i chose before him. But hes charasmatic and a brilliant wrestler.he is going to be the future of the buisness, and i cant wait til he becomes world champ when jeff finally leaves. I was doubtful that he would be able to get to the next level, espically when i heard of his face turn, but hes gone from strength to strength since becoming a face, so im happy.

4 Chris Sabin. hes exciting and talented and a staple in TNA, he couldve made it to world title contention back in 06, hes young enough to make it there again, if it wasnt for TNA becoming the formers of WWE. Great X champ

3 Christopher Daniels, certainly as far as booking in TNA goes, hes very underated (if thats the term im thinking of) he shoulda been World champion LONG ago, and just like Sabin hes being held back because of the MEM

2 CM Punk. hes certainly one of the best grounded wrestlers in the current world of pro wrestling, hes exciting to watch and managed to step upto the plate as the top guy on SD with the current activity of its former top stars Taker and Edge, this i give him props for as WWE where a bit worried he couldnt do it..well he has.

1 Kane. Sure hes not the greatest technically. But for all we know he could be good at holds, and other technical mumbo jumbo, he just doesnt need to show these sides to him, due to his size and his booking as a powerful, brawling, highflyer kinda dude. Hes a good high flyer, and isnt afraid at his age to get on the top ropes and fly to the outside. Kane has been overlooked as a Main Event star for years. He was the first star i ever got marking for, because of the fact he wore a cool mask, had cool music and was this big machine, it was an intriguing character. He became a world champ before most of the multiple time champs, guys like Rock, HHH, Mankind, Big Show and Angle. but his reign lasted for a mere 24 hours,which is one of the most annoying things in the history of WWE from my point of view. Ive said for a while now that Kane couldve been made World champ *and the first masked world champ at that* during his 2002 feud with HHH and the Katie Vick nonsense, at No Mercy 2002 with both titles on the line, that was the perfect way for Kane to get revenge on HHH by taking his prized possetion..but WWE decided to keep it on HHH, and then what happens next, the demask him, killing his character and killing his momentum, and other then his first year of being unmasked Kane has been stuck in a rutt and has gone lower and lower down in the WWEs eyes, which frustrates me to no end. Even then, When Kane was unmasked firstly, turning heel and beating RVD and Shane, that gave him enough momentum to again challenge and win the title, and again WWE didnt do it. There was time in the past few years where Kane could do it, instead hes buried by ReyRey and keeps being shoved in lame feuds with Khali. Now i know that Kane doesnt want to be world champ, and he possibly didnt want to be one back in 02 and 03 when he had momentum, which shows what sort of person he is, being willing to not be champ and instead help elevate other guys into the limelight...but a token REAL world, not this ECW crap title would be suffice.

My top 10s fav matches
DDP - v Savage at Halloween Havoc 97
Dolph Ziggler - v Morrison on SD
Kurt Angle - v HBK at WM21
HBK - v Taker at WM25
Taker - v HBK at WM25
John Morrison - v Tyson Kidd on SD
Chris Sabin - v AJ and Samoa Joe (cant member ppv)
Daniels - w/ AJ v AMW (again cant member ppv)
CM Punk - v Morrison on SD
Kane - Royal Rumble 2001 (his performance and the basic concept of the match really made me mark for the Rumble to this day)
Thank You :amen: You really keep threads alive everytime you go into detail. smile
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:02 pm

i could kill them u know....if thats what u think i do when not in detail shifty
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:03 pm

LL "THE GREAT" wrote:
it was the one where they won the titles..lol im sure both were brill ahaha

that was Slammiversary then
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:07 pm

yeah thats the one i was thinking of
can u think of the ppv where it was aj v joe v sabin...im sure it was ppv for the x title
i was thinking final res 06...but im sure it was after that lol
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:11 pm

that MIGHT of been Unbreakable 2005, ill have to look
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:12 pm

nope, that was Daniels. i dont think AJ, Sabin and Joe had a match
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female
Number of posts : 1278
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Taker, Teddy Jr., Dolph Ziggler
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla, The Bella Twins, Maryse, Maria
Favorite TNA Wrestler : James Storm, Kevin Nash, AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Lauren, Christy, Alissa, Traci, Lacey Von Erich
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:18 pm

10. Paul Wight/The Gaint/Bigshow.. He is prolly the most underrated workers out of the big companies to me. If his big ass could do standing dropkick right, how come half the current divas can't? If he can do a "who touched the ground first?" battle royal spot, why can't half the current WWE roster can't? I think people get too wrapped up in being impressed by someone risking breaking their neck for absolutely no reason to realize there's more to wrestling than shorter guys trying to highspot each other.

9. Triple H.. I know people aren't fans of his politicking, but I haven't had any issues with his work on screen other than a few incidents.

8. DDP.. This guy is inspirational to me. He overcame everyone telling him he was too "old" to start wrestling. He overcame dyslexia and learned to read. He was also one of the only guys to tell the nWo "Screw you guys."

7. AJ Styles.. I can't think of a reason not to love this dude. He has put on some of the best matches I have every seen. AJ vs Abyss - Lockdown 2005 is still my favorite TNA match ever.

6. Chris Benoit.. Oh yeah, I brought him up. I still can watch a match from him and go "Damn, that little man can go!"

5. Christopher Daniels.. He is the best damn wrestler I have ever seen. He is very verstile and I cannot remember the last time I didn't enjoy something he did.

4. James Storm.. I remember when he started in TNA. He reminded me of WCW the way his would do little things to involve the crowd. A lot of people thought it was lame, yet now 7 years later.. He is one of the top stars in TNA, even if he isn't booked as strong. The man transcends charisma boundaries that few claimed he didn't have. I also have enjoyed damn near all of his matches I have seen give or take a blindfold match.

3. Undertaker.. As a horror movie geek since childhood, it's natural to me to just like seeing the Undertaker. He is big, mean and even scarier looking now. I know people are bored with his gimmick, but it f'n works and it's not like someone is going to complain to Taker about how he thinks his matches sucked. Some of the best matches in the past few years involved Taker, and he isn't really praised for his workrate as much as he should be.

2. Kevin Nash.. I think he is the funniest wrestler to ever step in the ring. He wasn't the best worker technically, but you cannot deny how fast he became one of the top stars in wrestling. He was already past 30 when he started! He was also one of the few big men that knew how to adapt his style as well. He was selling for Rey before Eddie died for crying out loud.

1. Scott Hall.. Anyone who knows me knows this man made me a wrestling fan. He will always be my favorite. I will always love his cheesiness way of having charisma. I think a lot of people forget how actually big this dude is. The guy is 6'8" and 300lbs (well, he wasn't that heavy in his prime >_<)! He will also always be the sexiest man to me. Oh and his matches were great too.. Well, most of the time. He knew how to adapt his style to match his opponent. Hey yo. Who doesn't know that saying?
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 6:44 pm

Chessman wrote:

it could possibly be on iMPACT then.
or it mightve been a Daniel/Joe/Sabin match
there was a 3 way with Joe/Sabin and either AJ or Daniels for the X title that i just LOVED
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female
Number of posts : 1278
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Taker, Teddy Jr., Dolph Ziggler
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla, The Bella Twins, Maryse, Maria
Favorite TNA Wrestler : James Storm, Kevin Nash, AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Lauren, Christy, Alissa, Traci, Lacey Von Erich
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 7:59 pm

You must've of not loved it if you cannot remember it or the date of it. =/
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 8:29 pm

LL "THE GREAT" wrote:
Chessman wrote:

it could possibly be on iMPACT then.
or it mightve been a Daniel/Joe/Sabin match
there was a 3 way with Joe/Sabin and either AJ or Daniels for the X title that i just LOVED

AJ/Daniels/Joe had a few triple threats, there was one right after Sabin won the title from Senshi where it was Daniels/AJ/Sabin which lead to Sabin's heel turn
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 8:47 pm

lol sarcy i remember matches....i just remembered a triple threat somwhere
it prolly was the aj/daniels/joe one i was thinining of...dont know where i got the sabin part from
meh either way i still like him
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptySun 09 Aug 2009, 10:37 pm

10. Kane-Another guy that was around when I started watching. He has a larger then life character. Hes also very underrated and he deserves a lot more then what hes been getting. I think he should have at least 5 or 6 WWE or World title runs by now.

9. Tommy Dreamer-I loved him since 2001. I enjoyed his hardcore matches. He always put his body on the line to give fans a good show. I admire him.

8. Mr. Kennedy-I know I will be called a mark but Yeah, I felt he was amazing, very underrated. He was a breath of fresh air when he came to wwe. I just wish he will have gotten more of a chance.

7. Taker-I love his look. Hes a very unique character. He can still go in the ring imo.

6. HHH-He was a heel when I started watching. He was and still is very convincing, He pulled me in, kept me interested. Hes just so good at being bad. I loved the McMahon Helmsly era. Good Stuff

5. Stone Cold-He was awesome. Good on the mic, good in the ring. He was someone fans can relate to.

4. The Rock- He got me hooked. He was funny. I loved his matches with HHH, Stone Cold, ect...

3. Eddie Guerrero-Entertaining, all around amazing wrestler. Good Role model. Hes overcame so much. He can play a heel or face and his mic work was some of the best. I loved watching him.

2. Edge-He was one that got me hooked. He was entertaining, funny. I love him as a heel, especally when he was with Lita. Hes the whole package.

1. Chris Benoit-An all around good wrestler. He was good on the mic, especially has a heel. I felt he was good at all styles of wrestling. I looked up to him. He was someone I can relate to.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? EmptyThu 13 Aug 2009, 6:10 pm

My List

10.Shelton Benjamin
9.Jeff Hardy
8.Petey Williams
7.Chris Jericho
6.Stone Cold
5.The Rock
4.Edge
3.Morrison
2.Robert Roode
1.Eddie Guerrerro

I'll give thoughts a bit later(hopefully)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?   TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why? Empty

Back to top Go down

TOP 10 Favorite Wrestlers of All Time and Why?
Page 1 of 1