Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cabin in the Woods Delay

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Cabin in the Woods Delay Empty
PostSubject: Cabin in the Woods Delay   Cabin in the Woods Delay EmptyWed 14 Oct 2009, 10:15 am

The highly-anticipated "Cabin in the Woods", the new tongue-in-cheek new splatter pic from writer/director Drew Goddard (and writer/producer Joss Whedon), has just been removed from 2010's release schedule. And why? Because according to Shock Til You Drop, ''...the early response to the film has been phenomenal and they're going to spend six months or so converting the picture to 3-D.''

As a consequence, the film starring New Zealand hottie Anna Hutchison, "West Wing" vet Bradley Whitford, 'Thor' himself Chris HemsworthCabin in the Woods Delay 12084_magglass, and "Visitor" star Richard Jenkins, will not be released Jan 11, 2011.

Now this is a real shame..... for two reasons. Firstly, it was one of the first quarter 2010 highlights - now we have to wait another year to see it!? Secondly, the script is so darn good, and the movie apparently too, that it really doesn't need to be converted into 3-D. Yes, it's trendy to three-dimensionalize every flick out there at the moment, but the plug's going to come out of the bath eventually, right? There's such a thing as overkill.... and watery eyes. But mainly, the film wasn't intended to be a 3-D release - so why!? The beats likely won't play to a 3-D tune; the scares won't pop 'at ya' - because they were never intended to. I say leave it to be. In my opinion, a 2-D movie is still worth the time of day - not every film has to come with free ear chafing.

"Cabin in the Woods" co-star Brian White ("Fighting") told us recently that Whedon has "created a new take on the Cabin in the WoodsCabin in the Woods Delay 12084_magglass formula and it's incredibly funny, it's gory, and it's smart. Any genre fan is going to really, really going to love this. If you're even remotely a fan of Joss I think you're going to love it. I hear they just did a screening, and it went down very well- he apparently hit it out of the park.''

Anyway, gotta run... catching a session of "Couples RetreatCabin in the Woods Delay 12084_magglass 3D" over at Century City...
Back to top Go down

Cabin in the Woods Delay
Page 1 of 1