Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)

Go down 
+5
King Silva
janine
The LL Father
Dead
Quisee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) Empty
PostSubject: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 4:07 pm

This thread is about the treatment of Mickie James and Kara Drew aka former WWE Diva Cherry and their weight issues in WWE. As we all know and read about each of these divas having the most trouble with WWE because of their weight and how this has affected their careers.

Cherry was supposedly fired for being overweight and not having the "Diva look"

Mickie James has been under alot of heat from management about her weight over these last past months and things are not looking too well for her.

My opinion I think its unfair that Cherry got released because of her weight and Mickie stayed and she is/was virtually the same size as Cherry. I know Mickie is a experienced wrestler who is really over with the crowd but Cherry was getting over as well and was doing good in the ring when she started her feud with Maryse so in my opinion she had every right to be in WWE as Mickie did.

Discuss...

Last edited by quisee17 on Thu 15 Oct 2009, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 4:09 pm

Cherry was bigger then Mickie, hence why she got released. btw..they frown on not just the women for their weight. theyve fired dudes for being too heavy
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 4:13 pm

^ rikishi and viscera as two examples

and yh Cherry was bigger. Mickie wont be fired for it, because shes their most over diva, even though Cherry isnt as bad as a wrestler as WWE made her out to be, and she was getting quite a lot of fan support, keeping her and pushing her and firing Mickie, from the way WWE used both would just be confusing
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 4:16 pm

I still think its messed up. I think Cherry looked great as does Mickie. Do they want their divas to be aneroxics? If so then thats sick. Not every woman has to be stick thin, eveyone is different. Its sad our society only accepts stick thin. Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) 9121
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 4:22 pm

^ the divas are models too them. they will never be big draws in their matches. the divas make the most money through photoshoots and shit
and photographers wont choose to shoot women that are bigger then the average desired size by most males.
most males want thing women with big boobs, thats the main sell point.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 4:24 pm

janine wrote:
I still think its messed up. I think Cherry looked great as does Mickie. Do they want their divas to be aneroxics? If so then thats sick. Not every woman has to be stick thin, eveyone is different. Its sad our society only accepts stick thin. Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) 9121

its more of a health thing if anything else. most ppl dont realize that
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 8:41 pm

So people want Mickie to be fired because Cherry was? That is fucking crazy. People can hate on Mickie but she should not be anywhere near the unemployment line.

Cherry was okay but she was no real loss. Mickie on the other hand is a 5x champ. She is the most decorated diva in the wwe right now. She isn't going anywhere. Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 9:13 pm

Chessman wrote:
janine wrote:

If its a health thing, thats understandable, but im saying some more girls over 120 lbs will be nice in WWE and Im not talking girls who are 500 lbs. Im saying it will be nice to see some different shapes and sizes. smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 9:19 pm

^ tbh most of the girls are over 120.
i think only girls like kelly and maria are under. Even Layla rounds off at a nice 120
but in Mickies case when shes close to 140 at her size, it does make her buldge some.
we can around the bush on this. but her slight gain of weight has affected her performance along with her lack of desire.
plus wwe are major superficial tosser
im highly shocked they havent sucked the extra 50 pounds Vickie has on the others tbh
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 9:21 pm

janine wrote:
Chessman wrote:
janine wrote:

If its a health thing, thats understandable, but im saying some more girls over 120 lbs will be nice in WWE and Im not talking girls who are 500 lbs. Im saying it will be nice to see some different shapes and sizes. smile

yeah, i can imagine its so she doesnt hurt herself or anyone else in the ring. like i said in here before, the E has come down on the males too for their weight. theyve fired ppl when they refused to drop a few pounds.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 9:22 pm

LL "THE GREAT" wrote:
^ tbh most of the girls are over 120.
i think only girls like kelly and maria are under. Even Layla rounds off at a nice 120
but in Mickies case when shes close to 140 at her size, it does make her buldge some.
we can around the bush on this. but her slight gain of weight has affected her performance along with her lack of desire.
plus wwe are major superficial tosser
im highly shocked they havent sucked the extra 50 pounds Vickie has on the others tbh

Vickie isnt a wrestler, so she cant hurt anyone if she botches a move
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female
Number of posts : 1278
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Taker, Teddy Jr., Dolph Ziggler
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla, The Bella Twins, Maryse, Maria
Favorite TNA Wrestler : James Storm, Kevin Nash, AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Lauren, Christy, Alissa, Traci, Lacey Von Erich
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 9:30 pm

Well, Mickie's finisher requires her opponents to lift her ass up in the air. How many people can lift 130lbs+ of dead weight? How many people can brace themselves to getting yanked to the ground by 130lbs+ of dead weight? To quoth that Jazz fingers nut in Bring it On, "Fat cows don't jump high."

I think Cherry screwed up by getting noticed. If I recall it right, Cherry was getting some reaction from the crowds even though she wasn't their top face.. Michelle was. Kinda like when you doing good in school, but you aren't bragging about it because your parents treat you like the "other" child. Not blaming Michelle, but we know the track record of people who outshined Michelle.. Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) 519154

Mickie's problem is that she is a top diva. I am pretty damn sure that in the contract she signed, the WWE reserved the authority to go "Bitch, hit the gym already!" The WWE is all about image.. People brought up some of the big men they have had over the years.. But how many of those massive walking lard tubs were the top babyface? Yokozuna was the bad guy and the much smaller and fitter Bret Hart toppled him. King Mable was the bad guy and guys who more or less could be billed as the same weight (Diesel and Taker) were much more fitter and toppled his big ass.
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyFri 16 Oct 2009, 12:41 am

I liked Cherry, shame they had to let her go because she got a little tubby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyFri 16 Oct 2009, 3:00 pm

Mickie James is and has been WWE's greatest marketing asset since her debut. WWE has tried on many occasions to find a girl who could get more over then her but it won't work. Also Mickie James has some prestigue to her name.

Mickie James is the only woman in WWE History to win the title off both Lita & Trish Stratus, two of WWE's biggest female names out there. There is a reason why when the division is in a slump Mickie randomly wins the title and carry it for a short amount of time, she's the only person with enough fan following and credibility to carry it while they build a new opponent to take the title off her.

Cherry was a nobody and got a little attention. Maybe her firing had to do with her weight, or maybe it had to do with her being more over then Michelle. Either way it's sad, but she didn't have much years in the company anyways, she was at an advanced age when she debuted and i could seriously see her lasting 2/3 more years if she stayed. Would have been over 35 and outside of WWE's diva age limit, i mean who'd want to think someone as old as their mom is "hot"
Back to top Go down
Bone Breaker
The Lethal Weapon of WD
Bone Breaker

Male
Number of posts : 3731
Job/hobbies : MMA (im a 5th Degree Black Belt)
Favorite WWE Wrestler : #1 Stone Cold Steve Austin
#2 CM Punk
#3 Dean Ambrose
#4 Daniel Bryan
#5 Doph Ziggler
Favorite WWE Diva : #1 Trish Stratus(Soooooo Hot)
#2 Lita
#3 Mickie James
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) EmptyFri 16 Oct 2009, 3:49 pm

Mickie and Cherry r both hot.
Mickie is a real women thats the kind of girls u will find in the real world same as Cherry but vince only wants models that cant wrestle.
im tired of vince firing people because of weight and not for talent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)   Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mickie James VS Cherry (weight issues)
Page 1 of 1