Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE

Go down 
+4
Jordan H.
Venom
Blue Ryder
Dead
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE Empty
PostSubject: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 2:34 pm

Quote :
Thanks to ProWrestling.net and Aghazi for the following report on Hulk Hogan's appearance on Howard Stern satellite radio show this morning:

Vince McMahon asked him to guest host the MSG Raw coming up on November 16.

Vince wanted to do a merchandising deal where WWE would get the rights to the Hulk Hogan and Hulkamania names.

Hogan didn't go back with Vince because he isn't ready to be put out to pasture just yet. He feels he has a lot to offer still, which is why he signed with TNA.

WWE talked about him facing John Cena at WrestleMania 25 in Houston last April, but Hogan threw his back out.

Howard mentioned him signing with TNA (by name) and asked if Vince was cool. Hogan said he imagined Vince wasn't too pleased. Hogan didn't say too much about TNA, from what I heard.

Howard started asking him about his book
and Hogan told a story about his brother dying years ago from drugs and how he blames himself.

thats code for i dont want to put anyone over, so i went to TNA where they dont care
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 3:52 pm

Cena sucks so yea KUDOS Hogan, Didn't Hogan put The Rock over a few Mania's ago? I heard Hogan is a fan of AJ, Joe and a few others. I doubt he will be all for himself
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 5:12 pm

dude..are you serious? Hogan has been all about himself for DECADES. you're getting too excited over something that can backfire in TNAs face. stop being a mark, and realize this
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 5:22 pm

I kinda wish he would guest host the MSG show. Maybe I'd actually go.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 9:35 pm

Blue Campbell wrote:
Cena sucks so yea KUDOS Hogan, Didn't Hogan put The Rock over a few Mania's ago? I heard Hogan is a fan of AJ, Joe and a few others. I doubt he will be all for himself

1)So does Hogan in-ring wise LOL....could you even imagine all the stiffness and excessive taunting??? UUGGHHHHH...
2)No, The Rock was so damn over by that point that all the match did was pretty much solidify Rocky as a (WWE) Legend, not put over
3) That's cool but that doesn't mean shit

Dolph Ziggler wrote:
dude..are you serious? Hogan has been all about himself for DECADES. you're getting too excited over something that can backfire in TNAs face. stop being a mark, and realize this

He's right; Don't go into this with open arms. Hogan has done enough damage in the past to warrant high level suspicion and anger..look at WCW for example...Maybe he has learned from past mistakes judging by how his life has been going in recent times but only time can tell.
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male
Number of posts : 787
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya Neidhart and Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley/ Chris Sabin
Favorite TNA Knockout : Allissa Flash, Daffney, Tara and Hamada
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 28 Oct 2009, 11:42 pm

If I was Hogan I wouldve done the same thing. NO WAY would I give Vince the Hulk Hogan/ Hulkamania names. That's just stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://inthedoorway.deviantart.com/
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 12:10 am

I get that Hogan can do damage but I'm thinking about the bigger picture, TNA becoming legit competition for WWE. I was a young guy when the Monday night wars occured but now im older and im ready baby!
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 12:12 am

Theres nothing like competition to make for great TV. I just hope TNA can handle it. They're the major underdogs here.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 12:21 am

Brad Vicious wrote:
Theres nothing like competition to make for great TV. I just hope TNA can handle it. They're the major underdogs here.
I have the confidence in them, Eric Bischoff? And whoever has been booking TNA lately? GREAT IMO!

But the bolded part of your post is the best of all of this. Imma have the DVR set lol hilarious
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan07
Dazzling Divas General Manager
Eaglesfan07

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 1:48 am

Blue Campbell wrote:
I get that Hogan can do damage but I'm thinking about the bigger picture, TNA becoming legit competition for WWE. I was a young guy when the Monday night wars occured but now im older and im ready baby!

You sound like a dude who is preparing for his first kiss with a girl dude, calm down
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 2:43 am

He knows that in TNA he won't be putting anyone over and they wiull put him over because he can draw the money and fanbase they need. People would watch TNA just for Hogan...
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 2:45 am

Eaglesfan07 wrote:
Blue Campbell wrote:

You sound like a dude who is preparing for his first kiss with a girl dude, calm down
Nice way to stay on topic Suspect
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 2:45 am

I GARENTEE Hogan will put people over. Hes smarter than that.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 2:48 am

Brad Vicious wrote:
Don't you know? PPL are still living on the past, shit that happened damn near 10 years ago. Hogan is getting older, I doubt he'd get much ring time lol. But he is Hulk Hogan BROTHER! He will have at least one reign as TNA Champion. Anyone who thinks otherwise is um :ewwa: I'm accepting it now before it happens jiggy
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 2:49 am

The only people he has put over in his career were Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and The Rock. All of whom, were already big stars at the time.
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 2:57 am

UltimateOpportunist wrote:
The only people he has put over in his career were Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and The Rock. All of whom, were already big stars at the time.

hahahaha thats foolishness. Hogan has put over lots of people. Goldberg, Andre, Bob Backlund, Bob Orton, Earthquake, Terry Funk, Macho Man, Sting etc etc just to name a few.
No one gets very far in wrestling when they refuse to put people over. It'd be bad business to put every midcarder and jobber over a mega power like hogan, it would diminish his stardom, but to say he never put anyone over is retarded.
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan07
Eaglesfan07

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:17 am

Blue Campbell wrote:
Brad Vicious wrote:
Don't you know? PPL are still living on the past, shit that happened damn near 10 years ago. Hogan is getting older, I doubt he'd get much ring time lol. But he is Hulk Hogan BROTHER! He will have at least one reign as TNA Champion. Anyone who thinks otherwise is um Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE 747915 I'm accepting it now before it happens Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE 480159

Do you know, that once that power and stardom gets to someones head they dont want to ever let it go? You know nothing about a business when it comes to people like that.
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:21 am

If I was Hogan I wouldnt want to give up my fame either, BUT putting people over and helping his company isnt the same as giving up their stardom.
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan07
Eaglesfan07

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:25 am

The same can be said in sports, a trouble maker who's known to cause problems with one team, goes to another and claims hes changed and is there to help make that team better. weeks go by, and things arent up to his standards, so he does what he feels, or he bitches about it. It's about the spot you have, and not wanting to let it go. People who let that get to their head 95% of the time wont bother to help someone out in the long run. So even though you guys are sitting here defending him saying he wont because of a company you like, doesnt mean his true colors wont come out.
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:40 am

Eaglesfan07 wrote:
The same can be said in sports, a trouble maker who's known to cause problems with one team, goes to another and claims hes changed and is there to help make that team better. weeks go by, and things arent up to his standards, so he does what he feels, or he bitches about it. It's about the spot you have, and not wanting to let it go. People who let that get to their head 95% of the time wont bother to help someone out in the long run. So even though you guys are sitting here defending him saying he wont because of a company you like, doesnt mean his true colors wont come out.

Well on that same token, Nash should be the worst of the worst. In WCW he sure was. He had the book and he put himself over constantly.
Oh, but wait.
Nash in TNA is a whole different beast. He helps the younger talent, speaks up for them, and dosnt balk at putting someone over.
I know what you're saying, and Im by no means saying youre wrong. some guys just hold onto that spot like theres no tomorrow, and everyone else be damned. Booker T has become one such character in recent years.
So it could go either way. I'm really not Hogans biggest fan, and never have been. But I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hes older, been through hell the last couple years, and I really beleive he's matured as a person. He knows hes not the end-all-be-all anymore. I really think he wants to give back, the way Nash has been doing.
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan07
Eaglesfan07

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:50 am

Isn't Nash trying to be one of the bookers in TNA though?
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:56 am

I didnt hear that, but it could be tho. If he is I think he'd do a better job than he did in WCW, thats for sure.
WCW Nash = selfish and not a guy you should give the book to.
TNA Nash = looks out for younger talent and probably would do a good job with the book.
I really think he's becoming TNA's version of the Undertaker.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 9:35 am

Hogans gonna put ppl over? LOL, the last time he was in WWE...he refused to put HBK and Orton over, and before that he didnt want to put Lesnar over while Lesnar was the champion. he left WCW in 1999 because they wanted him to put Sting over twice, once when Sting won the belt and the other time in his title defense. Hogan came out in STREET CLOTHES after a 20 minute wait at Halloween Havoc last year, and laid down and let Sting pin him, thats how "professional" Hogan is. you all say Booker T. is turning into one of these guys....yet he was talking about putting Morgan over on a PPV rather than a tv taping so Morgan would be more over, gimme a break. Nash cares about the business? thats why hes all about the MONEY. wow, he did a rant on Sabins injury, because 3D are vets and shoulda handled a situation better. when TNA goes down the shitter, because Hogan, Russo, Bischoff, Nash etc are all calling the shots again, dont say i didnt tell you so
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 12:02 pm

I agree with Dead. Hogan is one of least proffesional guys in the buisness.
Nash isnt AS bad i dont think in TNA as he was in WCW. he did those silly vigenettes for nearlly a year with that camera club stuff to help out the younger guys, look at Alex Shelley now after that. He aint a World Champ yet, cos Angle is in the company, and he isnt a booker yet. But he is still all about himself. but thats buisness...i guess
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:35 pm

Shelley hasn't done shit since besides being in a unpushed tag team and a shitty
X Division title reign. Back on topic I see Hogan beating Joe, Aj, guys like that to boost his ego

Last edited by Dolph Ziggler on Thu 29 Oct 2009, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:42 pm

Very possible. I am hoping hes matured after all that shit happened to him, so Im hoping he helps the younger guys. I know hes going to go over these guys, but Im hoping he lets them go over sometimes too. Beating Hogan would be huge for a young guys career.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:48 pm

It would be huge if Hogan was in his prime, but he's not. Beating Hogan would be like beating Flair, sure you beat a true legend of the sport, but in the same sense you beat a guy who can't go like he used to
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:52 pm

I think it'd still be a big deal, even if its not AS big as it would be 15 years ago.
Hogan and Flair are more hype than actual talent anyways, so its more beating the character than beating the man.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 3:56 pm

i still cant see Hogan putting anyone over, i just cant
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyThu 29 Oct 2009, 4:09 pm

That is a valid concern, but Im hoping it wont play out like that.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 10:37 pm

Brad Vicious wrote:
If I was Hogan I wouldve done the same thing. NO WAY would I give Vince the Hulk Hogan/ Hulkamania names. That's just stupid.

Maybe because the WWE made hulkamania, and they feel like they are entitled to it.

And him losing to Cena isn't that bad, considering Cena is the better wrestler. I still can't get over the fact that he wouldn't lose to Shawn.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 11 Nov 2009, 2:00 am

technically, the fans made Hulkamania. i doubt Hogan would of been that popular in another company if it werent for WWE fans
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE EmptyWed 11 Nov 2009, 2:51 am

Never wouldve been a success if WWE fans didnt buy what vince and Hogan were selling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE   Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE Empty

Back to top Go down

Hulk Hogan speaks on why he didn't stay with WWE
Page 1 of 1