Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Model/PG era

Go down 
+12
Paul Wyatt
LiE
sarcy
Edgegore
Brad Vicious
KTV-Time
Blue Ryder
The LL Father
Dead
janine
Hitomi
Quisee
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 12:22 pm

We have had a thread about the Attitude era, we’ve had a thread about the Golden years but this thread is about the WWE Divas of today and your opinion of them.

I personally like that WWE hires models and teaches them how to wrestle. I rather see beautiful women who can or can’t wrestle more than ugly women who can or can’t wrestle but don't get me wrong though I do enjoy seeing good women wrestling as well but I don’t care for wrestling ability so it doesn’t bother me if someone can wrestle or not the only thing missing for me is the T & A gimmick matches/segments

What do you think of the Model/PG era?

Last edited by Quisee on Mon 08 Feb 2010, 12:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitomi
Opener

Male
Number of posts : 150
Job/hobbies : Doing Wrestling, watch soccer
Favorite TNA Knockout : Alissa Flash & Tara
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 12:34 pm

The only thing I missing are some Bikini Contest... I mean they can do in this "PG era" every 2 Month 1 Bikini Contest or so... it should be done not so often, because then it is also something special.

I like the current division also, but I miss that they do not valet so much or attack then also their opponent or feud partner in backstage segments.... like in the Jazz vs. Trish feud or so.
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 2:15 pm

TBH I prefer women who can wrestle. It shouldnt be all about looks. Its sad that looks come first anymore. I rather see a whole variety of women wrestle then watch cookie cutter models Trying to wrestle and failing at it. It will be nice if they hired more girls with experience. Im not knocking the model turned wrestlers, I do like only a few of them and some have improved so Ill give those ones credit.

I prefer talent over looks thats just me.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 3:19 pm

janine wrote:
TBH I prefer women who can wrestle. It shouldnt be all about looks. Its sad that looks come first anymore.
I prefer talent over looks thats just me

bolded for emphasis
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 5:17 pm

id prefer it too.
but in a way ppl always bang on about the models being treated better then the wrestlers...theres really only two cases where it is true Jillian and Katie

otherwise for the most part in the past 3 years, women who can wrestle Beth, Mickie, Melina and Michelle have been used...Candice and Maryse being exceptions
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 6:32 pm

I like all kinds of divas but the ones that cannot wrestle should not be in serious matches. Did you ever see Stacy, Terri, Debra, The Kat in serious matches? They were T&A and were never in title feuds (except The Kat). I wish girls like Maria, Rosa, Kelly can be the T&A girls and if they really want it, train on the side and then become a wrestler. Pushing girls that can't do the basics right is crazy. Rosa can't do shit right, Maria can't do shit right and Kelly has yet to do a technical move. She's a fucking spot monkey and until I see her bust out some arm drags, hip tosses, scoop slams simple shit like that. I'll shut up lol
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 7:23 pm

Stacy had a few title feuds with Trish..well at least two
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 8:13 pm

LL "THE GREAT" wrote:
id prefer it too.
but in a way ppl always bang on about the models being treated better then the wrestlers...theres really only two cases where it is true Jillian and Katie

otherwise for the most part in the past 3 years, women who can wrestle Beth, Mickie, Melina and Michelle have been used...Candice and Maryse being exceptions

In the last 5 years WWE passed up Nidia, Jazz & Gail Kim and replaced them with Candice, Maria & Christy on Raw.

WWE picked Maryse, Alicia Fox, Kelly Kelly, Tiffany, Rosa instead of Shantelle, Angel, Vanessa Harding........Really...Need i say more?

In the future i see that Trinity chick, Angela, Courtney being called up and Serena, April & Jenny get the boet....because they had no "creative" direction for them.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 8:30 pm

oh i get what you mean. Now wwe do choose the models
im thinking of right now wrestling wise the main stories are between the ones who can wrestle, and the models who are progressing. so it saves us from seeing some divas wrestling
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male
Number of posts : 787
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya Neidhart and Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley/ Chris Sabin
Favorite TNA Knockout : Allissa Flash, Daffney, Tara and Hamada
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyMon 02 Nov 2009, 8:38 pm

WWE is a step in the wrong direction for womens wrestling IMO. Model's over talent is a terrible thing. The butterfly belt equals botox and boob jobs.

I do like many of the wrestlers in the Diva direction, but the overall direction is all wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://inthedoorway.deviantart.com/
Edgegore
Fox is the next big thing
Edgegore

Male
Number of posts : 1033
Job/hobbies : Working at the family business
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy "Kick em in the head" Orton
Edge
Kofi Kingston
Favorite WWE Diva : Laycool
Mickie James
Alicia Fox
Maryse

Favorite TNA Knockout : Beautiful People
Mickie James

Registration date : 2008-07-04

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 8:58 am

That diva's belt is hideous and silly looking. Grown ass women carrying around a belt that looks like it came out of one of my little sisters doll boxes.
Back to top Go down
Quisee
Quisee

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 12:37 pm

I like the models of WWE but I do understand the point of hiring girls with no experience because wrestling isn't about looks well sometimes due to certain things like characters and etc... yeah but I like seeing models wrestle especially when they pick up on it.

And I love the Divas title its my favorite title in WWE history I like it WAY better than the Women's title it looks beautiful and amazing I'm so glad WWE made it.
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female
Number of posts : 1278
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Taker, Teddy Jr., Dolph Ziggler
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla, The Bella Twins, Maryse, Maria
Favorite TNA Wrestler : James Storm, Kevin Nash, AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Lauren, Christy, Alissa, Traci, Lacey Von Erich
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 2:12 pm

Honestly, I think people get too caught up in that mentality that only women who have wrestled before the WWE are worth a damn. Melina and Jillian the past month proved that just because you got "two wrestlers" doesn't mean a damn thing. Mickie has been totally OFF since Trish left. Michelle and Beth refuse to get over. And Nattie hasn't shown anything to the typical WWE fan WHY she is around other then she likes to whore out her last name. Then there's Gail.. She must hate wrestling in front of a live crowd or something.

I don't mind the "Model/PG Era". A lot of the "models" have tons, TONS more charisma and personality then the "wrestlers". If you got the tools to seperate yourself from your peers, then you got potential. You prolly need an extra hand to count how many divas these days counter a sunset flip to a basement dropkick. Same then with a headscissors variation. However, how many of the heels are taking the time to go "SCREW YOU!" in their own way to the crowds these days? The only ones I can think of are Maryse, Layla, and recently, Alicia. Yeah, three models are the ones getting that you need more then just acting like you got irregular PMS.

I do believe that the matches have gotten better in the past year or so because most of the women are getting more in ring exposure. Look how much Layla has gotten better. Look how much Kelly has gotten better. Are they great? Not by those unreachable standards IWC people have for the Divas. They do a decent enough job for the few minutes they get a week. And I would say they have a better chance of getting the crowd to move then Nattie going "YEAH BABY! I HAVE HART!" or Beth just giving the death stare to her opponent.
Back to top Go down
Quisee
Quisee

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 2:37 pm

sarcy wrote:
Honestly, I think people get too caught up in that mentality that only women who have wrestled before the WWE are worth a damn. Melina and Jillian the past month proved that just because you got "two wrestlers" doesn't mean a damn thing. Mickie has been totally OFF since Trish left. Michelle and Beth refuse to get over. And Nattie hasn't shown anything to the typical WWE fan WHY she is around other then she likes to whore out her last name. Then there's Gail.. She must hate wrestling in front of a live crowd or something.

I don't mind the "Model/PG Era". A lot of the "models" have tons, TONS more charisma and personality then the "wrestlers". If you got the tools to seperate yourself from your peers, then you got potential. You prolly need an extra hand to count how many divas these days counter a sunset flip to a basement dropkick. Same then with a headscissors variation. However, how many of the heels are taking the time to go "SCREW YOU!" in their own way to the crowds these days? The only ones I can think of are Maryse, Layla, and recently, Alicia. Yeah, three models are the ones getting that you need more then just acting like you got irregular PMS.

I do believe that the matches have gotten better in the past year or so because most of the women are getting more in ring exposure. Look how much Layla has gotten better. Look how much Kelly has gotten better. Are they great? Not by those unreachable standards IWC people have for the Divas. They do a decent enough job for the few minutes they get a week. And I would say they have a better chance of getting the crowd to move then Nattie going "YEAH BABY! I HAVE HART!" or Beth just giving the death stare to her opponent.

I agree models can be just as talented as fully trained wrestlers given due time there is no such thing as a perfect wrestler so when people say someone has no talent I feel like that isn't true. There are more aspects to wrestling besides wrestling like valet/manager or a GM like Tiffany plays if being over with the crowd is good for marketing (ex. Maria) so it's good business
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 2:50 pm

Well, pro wrestling that is on TV isn't suppose to be about how can hit a brainbuster or a suplex better. Pro wrestling that is on TV is suppose to be about entertainment a larger scale then people who jerk off to pro wrestling matches with a bazillion different moves that no one sells in.

Just look at last week. Layla tore the house down with her MJ costume.. But the "wrestlers" (Michelle, Mickie, and Nattie) she was standing next too? Not so much. In fact, they were embarrassing to watch. And many people thought that was much more entertaining then the Mickie vs Layla match from the week before.

I am not saying all of the models can play characters in a match better then the wrestlers.. But I think most of them can because they have shown it. Maria is a horrible wrestler, but she takes an ass kicking like no one else and makes the hot tag seem much better. Rosa sucks at doing moves, but she sells and bumps and she is committed to whatever she does (like the karate pose before Mickie whiffed her kicked and Rosa still sold it). The Bellas come off much more like a tag team then any other pairing of the "wrestlers."

What do the wrestlers do? They hit a move, go to the next move, might take a hit from the chick they are wrestling, then go for their finisher or make the tag. How boring.
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 5:26 pm

Edgegore wrote:
That diva's belt is hideous and silly looking. Grown ass women carrying around a belt that looks like it came out of one of my little sisters doll boxes.

They may be grown up, but they obviously arn't mature enough to feel stupid holding it. I know I would feel like an ass & refuse to hold that title. I'll take nothing over that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 5:28 pm

In my opinion, I think it's more important to have GOOD women WRESTLERS who have some class. Over GOOD women WHORES, I mean "models". Seriously, the divas search was full of stds of all kinds. I'm so glad they stopped that shit.

What was stupid is the winner of the search got a contract & her money to spend on bull shit. But, we still see the losers stumble in & suck up the place...."maria". Model/PG era Icon_rolleyes I think any women who has to make her way into a wrestling buisness through a whore search is nothing but trash to the buisness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 7:04 pm

You're right Lie, it's a crappy way to get new wrestlers by having a beauty contest.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 7:35 pm

That is it, the claws are out and know what…I’m seriously tired and pretty damn pissed off.

sarcy wrote:
Honestly, I think people get too caught up in that mentality that only women who have wrestled before the WWE are worth a damn. Melina and Jillian the past month proved that just because you got "two wrestlers" doesn't mean a damn thing.
Let me first say, Melina is not the best damn thing in wrestling. A screw up in a Melina match is like having a screw up in a Ashley match, it is to be expected. And Jillian has last it a little over a year ago. The girl is done, washed up, passed her prime, has forgotten how it is to face an actual wrestler. There was once apon a time you’d see a Jillian shine and out of her comfort zone when in the ring with Mickie & Melina…then the worried, “keep things in control” Jillian working with Maria, Michelle & Candice. The girl has officially lost it and is so busy trying to “keep her together” that she has forgotten how it is to come down to the ring and just wrestle, instead of trying to make her opponent look good.

sarcy wrote:
Mickie has been totally OFF since Trish left. Michelle and Beth refuse to get over. And Nattie hasn't shown anything to the typical WWE fan WHY she is around other then she likes to whore out her last name. Then there's Gail.. She must hate wrestling in front of a live crowd or something.
Mickie has been off for the same reason everyone else has lost interest, WWE bent out of their way to build their division around Trish, did in dept angles. Trish left, the division didn’t seem important any more, there is no woman in the company who could use their popularity to help the women get attention and they are reduced to just doing matches that lead to nowhere. The angles are soooo one sided they don’t interest the crowd, Maria, Melina & Mickie James has had the luck of working segments, doing interviews, doing real feuds. The others haven’t, they just come out wrestle and go backstage, no furthering the story, no follow up, nothing. Alicia Fox was randomly named Nr. 1 contender again, a month from now, we’ll have another one of those and someone else will be named Nr. 1 contender and so it goes on.

Secondly, Say what the fuck you want about Natalya, but don’t under mind her skills, problem is with you, you’re a typical “WWE product” and the idiots WWE target. Natalya is currently one of the top 5 Female grapplers in North America. And this not because her family name because I don’t give Lacey von Erich any credit, I don’t give Donna Taylor that credit, I don’t give Amy Hennig that credit and I don’t give Kelli Murraco or Stacey Colon that credit because they aren’t good (except for Donna, she’s decent). It’s idiots like you who base you little “Opinions” on the shit WWE feeds you.

And the Gail Kim remark, when your forced to under perform, shit like this happens to you. Because since debuting all Gail Kim has been doing is busting her ass playing bump machine to make those twigs with balloons for boobs to look good. Much like what all the female grapplers in that company was hired to do.

sarcy wrote:
I do believe that the matches have gotten better in the past year or so because most of the women are getting more in ring exposure.

Let me rephrase that for you, the matches haven’t gotten better, peoples standards have been lowered. You’d think 6 years ago these shitty matches would be a regular thing? I’m not knocking down anyone everyone praised this “Mickie vs Layla”. The match wasn’t bad, but that shit wasn’t that great either. People are doing exactly what it was expected, people have lowered their standards and whenever they get a piss poor match that is decent at best, and people praise that shit like it’s this amazing match, while it was decent at best. But since everyone has such low expectations I guess it’s ok?

sarcy wrote:
Look how much Layla has gotten better.

Ok here is where it goes down, sorry to anyone who is a fan, but Layla is never going to cut it as a wrestler, she is one of the rare girls I don’t hate, but the potential is just not there. It’s nice to watch her try, but she is never going to cut it as a wrestler. It’s just not in her and you see it. I admire her trying, she isn’t that bad, but the girl will never be great, it’s just not in her.
sarcy wrote:

Just look at last week. Layla tore the house down with her MJ costume.. But the "wrestlers" (Michelle, Mickie, and Nattie) she was standing next too? Not so much. In fact, they were embarrassing to watch. And many people thought that was much more entertaining then the Mickie vs Layla match from the week before.

Umm, I'm sorry, so you expect them to boo for someone who is playing a Music Icon who died a little over 6 month ago? Layla was just having fun with it. Victoria has been the moist entertaining person in EVERY halloween divas contest for the last 2 years. Why? She was having fun with it and not trying to whore it. And for the record i didn't enjoy that Mickie James vs.Layla match..it was pretty bad.

sarcy wrote:
Maria is a horrible wrestler, but she takes an ass kicking like no one else.

uhhh no, just no, the girl doesn't take a good bump unless she has no other choice and is taken down so hard she just needs to hit the floor. Which is very noticable in her matches.

sarcy wrote:
and makes the hot tag seem much better.

Seriously, what the fuck are you smoking? Your just fucking stupid really. Her orgasmic screams are not interesting at all....not even worthy of arousing 13 year old teenage boys.

sarcy wrote:
Rosa sucks at doing moves, but she sells and bumps and she is committed to whatever she does (like the karate pose before Mickie whiffed her kicked and Rosa still sold it).

Rosa can't bump or bust a move.....the only thing she's good at is shaking her hips to catch guys attention, which isn't far off from what a street corner hooker does.

sarcy wrote:
The Bellas come off much more like a tag team then any other pairing of the "wrestlers."

I hate these two....but i'll accept that, these two are the only two WWE has yet to fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 9:48 pm

damn Kev, couldnt of said it any better myself
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 10:08 pm

janine wrote:
TBH I prefer women who can wrestle. It shouldnt be all about looks. Its sad that looks come first anymore. I rather see a whole variety of women wrestle then watch cookie cutter models Trying to wrestle and failing at it. It will be nice if they hired more girls with experience. Im not knocking the model turned wrestlers, I do like only a few of them and some have improved so Ill give those ones credit.

I prefer talent over looks thats just me.

Keep singin' it to me, Girly! Woo! Woo! Woo! Janine! Model/PG era 363415
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 10:47 pm

[quote="KiwiKevin"]That is it, the claws are out and know what…I’m seriously tired and pretty damn pissed off.
Let me first say, Melina is not the best damn thing in wrestling. A screw up in a Melina match is like having a screw up in a Ashley match, it is to be expected. And Jillian has last it a little over a year ago. The girl is done, washed up, passed her prime, has forgotten how it is to face an actual wrestler. There was once apon a time you’d see a Jillian shine and out of her comfort zone when in the ring with Mickie & Melina…then the worried, “keep things in control” Jillian working with Maria, Michelle & Candice. The girl has officially lost it and is so busy trying to “keep her together” that she has forgotten how it is to come down to the ring and just wrestle, instead of trying to make her opponent look good.[/quote]

People bitch and moan about how they want the "wrestlers" to be used. Well, they have been using two that are well *respected* among people who follow the divas for their wrestling. And whatever you wanna call what they did for the last month sucked ass. Plain and simple.

[quote]Mickie has been off for the same reason everyone else has lost interest, WWE bent out of their way to build their division around Trish, did in dept angles. Trish left, the division didn’t seem important any more, there is no woman in the company who could use their popularity to help the women get attention and they are reduced to just doing matches that lead to nowhere. The angles are soooo one sided they don’t interest the crowd, Maria, Melina & Mickie James has had the luck of working segments, doing interviews, doing real feuds. The others haven’t, they just come out wrestle and go backstage, no furthering the story, no follow up, nothing. Alicia Fox was randomly named Nr. 1 contender again, a month from now, we’ll have another one of those and someone else will be named Nr. 1 contender and so it goes on. [/quote]

And it's not like every Diva on the roster is worthy of the work they put into Trish.. Who wasn't the best wrestler at any time she was there. She had charisma and drive. That's all you need to get over.

[quote]Secondly, Say what the fuck you want about Natalya, but don’t under mind her skills, problem is with you, you’re a typical “WWE product” and the idiots WWE target. Natalya is currently one of the top 5 Female grapplers in North America. And this not because her family name because I don’t give Lacey von Erich any credit, I don’t give Donna Taylor that credit, I don’t give Amy Hennig that credit and I don’t give Kelli Murraco or Stacey Colon that credit because they aren’t good (except for Donna, she’s decent). It’s idiots like you who base you little “Opinions” on the shit WWE feeds you. [/quote]

Well, "based on the shit the WWE" fed me, there's no reason to give a damn about Nattie. She's had matches. She's had mic time. Outside of being the only Diva with a *famous* submission in her moveset, she just another blond in pink with "eh." matches and a really ugly speaking voice. If you need 15 minutes to put on a great match, then sucks for her. The divas outside of Michelle don't get that much time. So they have to work with what they get and Nattie hasn't done that.

[quote]And the Gail Kim remark, when your forced to under perform, shit like this happens to you. Because since debuting all Gail Kim has been doing is busting her ass playing bump machine to make those twigs with balloons for boobs to look good. Much like what all the female grapplers in that company was hired to do.[/quote]

Forced to under perform? She choose that moolah over TNA. That's her choice. I don't see how her wrestling has changed since coming back. Okay, she's been botching more. Who's fault is that? You can blame Kelly for everything!

[quote]Let me rephrase that for you, the matches haven’t gotten better, peoples standards have been lowered. You’d think 6 years ago these shitty matches would be a regular thing? I’m not knocking down anyone everyone praised this “Mickie vs Layla”. The match wasn’t bad, but that shit wasn’t that great either.[/quote]

Yeah, cuz I really expect that 30 min match between Layla and Mickie. Better yet, I expect blood and guts and the crowd to chant "THAT WAS AWESOME!" every five seconds. I got warned for knocking Canadians, but you go and insult me cuz I've "lowered my standards". I know I ain't watching Shimmer. I know I ain't watching some Japanese boards with names I can't spell or say. I DO know I am watching the WWE Divas. I DO know that Molly and Victoria and Trish and Jazz and all those chicks from 5 years ago that got priased for their wrestling isn't there. And I know that I can always turn the channel instead of bitching like most of the people on the internet about how they suck.. But I don't because they ain't offending me to the point.

[quote]Ok here is where it goes down, sorry to anyone who is a fan, but Layla is never going to cut it as a wrestler, she is one of the rare girls I don’t hate, but the potential is just not there. It’s nice to watch her try, but she is never going to cut it as a wrestler. It’s just not in her and you see it. I admire her trying, she isn’t that bad, but the girl will never be great, it’s just not in her. [/quote]

Layla's not atheletic. I know this. Layla is not built to be a wrestler. I know this. However, I respect her for making the most of what she is asked to do. She just happens to stand out to ME because no one is expecting much from her.

[quote]Umm, I'm sorry, so you expect them to boo for someone who is playing a Music Icon who died a little over 6 month ago? Layla was just having fun with it. Victoria has been the moist entertaining person in EVERY halloween divas contest for the last 2 years. Why? She was having fun with it and not trying to whore it. And for the record i didn't enjoy that Mickie James vs.Layla match..it was pretty bad. [/quote]

You missed the point. Again, WWE wrestling isn't about pulling out a DDT to a legscissor to a moonsault to a body slam to a tombstone variation to a neck breaker to a backflip to another backflip to another moonsault to another DDT and another DDT and some move that will give a guy a concussion. *rinse, lather and repeat* over the span of an hour.. It's about ENTERTAINING people who watch because they like the story telling and the characters. That is why fucking John Cena is fucking mega over and Shelton Benajim isn't.

I think it's fucked up when people judge the *models* harder considering most of them started off LITERALLY in front a live crowd. It's not like the Nattie's slapped on a sharpshooter on the doctor as soon as she came out the vagina.
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyTue 03 Nov 2009, 10:59 pm

sorry if we like WRESTLERS in our WRESTLING...
Back to top Go down
Eaglesfan07
Dazzling Divas General Manager
Eaglesfan07

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 2:35 am

Wrestlers in wrestling? Blasphemis!
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:00 am

sarcy wrote:
KiwiKevin wrote:
That is it, the claws are out and know what…I’m seriously tired and pretty damn pissed off.
Let me first say, Melina is not the best damn thing in wrestling. A screw up in a Melina match is like having a screw up in a Ashley match, it is to be expected. And Jillian has last it a little over a year ago. The girl is done, washed up, passed her prime, has forgotten how it is to face an actual wrestler. There was once apon a time you’d see a Jillian shine and out of her comfort zone when in the ring with Mickie & Melina…then the worried, “keep things in control” Jillian working with Maria, Michelle & Candice. The girl has officially lost it and is so busy trying to “keep her together” that she has forgotten how it is to come down to the ring and just wrestle, instead of trying to make her opponent look good.

People bitch and moan about how they want the "wrestlers" to be used. Well, they have been using two that are well *respected* among people who follow the divas for their wrestling. And whatever you wanna call what they did for the last month sucked ass. Plain and simple.

Quote :
Mickie has been off for the same reason everyone else has lost interest, WWE bent out of their way to build their division around Trish, did in dept angles. Trish left, the division didn’t seem important any more, there is no woman in the company who could use their popularity to help the women get attention and they are reduced to just doing matches that lead to nowhere. The angles are soooo one sided they don’t interest the crowd, Maria, Melina & Mickie James has had the luck of working segments, doing interviews, doing real feuds. The others haven’t, they just come out wrestle and go backstage, no furthering the story, no follow up, nothing. Alicia Fox was randomly named Nr. 1 contender again, a month from now, we’ll have another one of those and someone else will be named Nr. 1 contender and so it goes on.

And it's not like every Diva on the roster is worthy of the work they put into Trish.. Who wasn't the best wrestler at any time she was there. She had charisma and drive. That's all you need to get over.

Quote :
Secondly, Say what the fuck you want about Natalya, but don’t under mind her skills, problem is with you, you’re a typical “WWE product” and the idiots WWE target. Natalya is currently one of the top 5 Female grapplers in North America. And this not because her family name because I don’t give Lacey von Erich any credit, I don’t give Donna Taylor that credit, I don’t give Amy Hennig that credit and I don’t give Kelli Murraco or Stacey Colon that credit because they aren’t good (except for Donna, she’s decent). It’s idiots like you who base you little “Opinions” on the shit WWE feeds you.

Well, "based on the shit the WWE" fed me, there's no reason to give a damn about Nattie. She's had matches. She's had mic time. Outside of being the only Diva with a *famous* submission in her moveset, she just another blond in pink with "eh." matches and a really ugly speaking voice. If you need 15 minutes to put on a great match, then sucks for her. The divas outside of Michelle don't get that much time. So they have to work with what they get and Nattie hasn't done that.

Quote :
And the Gail Kim remark, when your forced to under perform, shit like this happens to you. Because since debuting all Gail Kim has been doing is busting her ass playing bump machine to make those twigs with balloons for boobs to look good. Much like what all the female grapplers in that company was hired to do.

Forced to under perform? She choose that moolah over TNA. That's her choice. I don't see how her wrestling has changed since coming back. Okay, she's been botching more. Who's fault is that? You can blame Kelly for everything!

Quote :
Let me rephrase that for you, the matches haven’t gotten better, peoples standards have been lowered. You’d think 6 years ago these shitty matches would be a regular thing? I’m not knocking down anyone everyone praised this “Mickie vs Layla”. The match wasn’t bad, but that shit wasn’t that great either.

Yeah, cuz I really expect that 30 min match between Layla and Mickie. Better yet, I expect blood and guts and the crowd to chant "THAT WAS AWESOME!" every five seconds. I got warned for knocking Canadians, but you go and insult me cuz I've "lowered my standards". I know I ain't watching Shimmer. I know I ain't watching some Japanese boards with names I can't spell or say. I DO know I am watching the WWE Divas. I DO know that Molly and Victoria and Trish and Jazz and all those chicks from 5 years ago that got priased for their wrestling isn't there. And I know that I can always turn the channel instead of bitching like most of the people on the internet about how they suck.. But I don't because they ain't offending me to the point.

Quote :
Ok here is where it goes down, sorry to anyone who is a fan, but Layla is never going to cut it as a wrestler, she is one of the rare girls I don’t hate, but the potential is just not there. It’s nice to watch her try, but she is never going to cut it as a wrestler. It’s just not in her and you see it. I admire her trying, she isn’t that bad, but the girl will never be great, it’s just not in her.

Layla's not atheletic. I know this. Layla is not built to be a wrestler. I know this. However, I respect her for making the most of what she is asked to do. She just happens to stand out to ME because no one is expecting much from her.

Quote :
Umm, I'm sorry, so you expect them to boo for someone who is playing a Music Icon who died a little over 6 month ago? Layla was just having fun with it. Victoria has been the moist entertaining person in EVERY halloween divas contest for the last 2 years. Why? She was having fun with it and not trying to whore it. And for the record i didn't enjoy that Mickie James vs.Layla match..it was pretty bad.

You missed the point. Again, WWE wrestling isn't about pulling out a DDT to a legscissor to a moonsault to a body slam to a tombstone variation to a neck breaker to a backflip to another backflip to another moonsault to another DDT and another DDT and some move that will give a guy a concussion. *rinse, lather and repeat* over the span of an hour.. It's about ENTERTAINING people who watch because they like the story telling and the characters. That is why fucking John Cena is fucking mega over and Shelton Benajim isn't.

I think it's fucked up when people judge the *models* harder considering most of them started off LITERALLY in front a live crowd. It's not like the Nattie's slapped on a sharpshooter on the doctor as soon as she came out the vagina.

Nope, but, she and chicks alike weren't tossed out onto the big stage before they had some kind of abillity and role.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:44 am

I think this whole model thing is fucking stupid!!, I'd rather watch 100 Luna Vachons go at it and get hardcore, then watch two Bella skip around the ring and fuck up damn near everything, it's just not entertaining to me, it's just sad and boring, and I hate how the wee tries to force these talentless chicks down our throats and try to make it seem as if they're actually doing something worthwhile, because most of them are not, I think they should release all these little worthless chicks and hire some girls that can actually ummm wretsle, since it is a wrestling company, if its all about the looks then I pretty sure they could find a bunch of pretty chicks with mad skills, hell there was a bunch of cute chicks in WOW, WEW, or even Glory Wrestling, that could out wrestle some of the dudes, but wwe insist on spending time trying to build up people that'll NEVER be anything more then horrible, hell they released Cheerleader Melissa and Mercedes Martinez but keep Kelly Kelly, Rosa and The Bellas, thats just F'N STUPID.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 4:21 am

The sad thing is, Layla and Natayla both had the solid and most entertaining performances in the Halloween contest...Yet, like usual, Mickie wins with her crappy ripoff of Electra which was so boring just because shes over with the crowd. Is Mickie really over for her wrestling, or is it because she kissed Trish and touched her private area a few years ago? Is Kelly really over for her wrestling, or is she over because she was dancing on ECW every week and doing the strip poker?

Natayla just oozes character, its so unbelieveable. She is the most skilled wrestler (next to Gail) in the business today, and has the greatest character out of all of them, yet she is used the way she is, and isn't given the recognition she deserves.

At least Smackdown seems to be doing the right moves with the divas lately. They are feeding Beth local jobbers to build her back up as the 'Glamazon,' which was destroyed on Raw. If she is indeed having a face turn like expected, than she might be over yet. We have Layla who is being used to put other girls over, Michelle as the aggressive champ who hasn't botched for a long time, showing solid matches with whoever she competes with. Then we have Natayla, who is becoming more and more involved in the womens division, whilst also showing great managerial roles, interfereing in matches, etc.

To that person who said the diva's search was fucked up, in many ways it was...But look who we got out of it. We have Layla, who may not be the best, but she is charismatic and improving steadily, same as Maryse. We have Michelle McCool, who is even worthy enough to be classed as one of the top performers of this generation. She has really put a lot of effort into improving her ring performances. And then we have Eve, who although is a bit rocky, has shown solid performances, and already showing signs of following the same path as McCool, or even surpassing it. She has showed innovative moves (moonsaults, sentons) for a rookie diva, and seems to be getting a fan base behind her, as well as a decent storyline. Why she was shafted to Raw, I still don't know.
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 7:50 am

UltimateOpportunist wrote:

Natayla just oozes character, its so unbelieveable. She is the most skilled wrestler (next to Gail) in the business today, and has the greatest character out of all of them, yet she is used the way she is, and isn't given the recognition she deserves.

Preach on Brother
Back to top Go down
Edgegore
Fox is the next big thing
Edgegore

Male
Number of posts : 1033
Job/hobbies : Working at the family business
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy "Kick em in the head" Orton
Edge
Kofi Kingston
Favorite WWE Diva : Laycool
Mickie James
Alicia Fox
Maryse

Favorite TNA Knockout : Beautiful People
Mickie James

Registration date : 2008-07-04

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 8:48 am

I think that ever since the last of the originals (as I like to call them) Lita, Trish, Jazz, Jaqueline, Tori, ect left the E switched tactics. It all started with them leting Jackie Gayda do stuff like flashing her tits at house shows to distract opponents of who she was valeting. Not saying that divas weren't doing risque stuff back then but at least they tried to play it off with some great fueds and matches. One day Vince just said F**K it and went hardcore over the last few years.

When's the last time any of the divas put on a cage match or ladder match? When's the last time a diva match lasted longer than 3-4 minutes?

I really think the divas are more filler for teens and depraved lonely males more than anything. Sorry if it sounds harsh. But who do you think they are selling diva panties, lingerie and swimsuits to on their auction site?????????

I think Vince likes the way things were going with the divisions as far as Tits and Ass with a little bit of matches sprinkled in until Linda decided to run for that Board of Education position. Then we got the PG women's division and the divas were told to tone it down as far as outfits. Then the gravy, water balloon, bikini and all those other things went out the window as well.

Now Linda is running for a real political position so the divas have been toned down even more so the matches have been more about wrestling (no matter how botched). Seriously, if Linda loses (which I think she will since they are using the WWE's history of degrading women and stuff against her) the E will go back to business as usual. Women like Gail will see more models called up to the main roster and it will be business as usual.

The E doesn't really give a damn if you are trained to wrestle, they prefer playboy and nude models who they can teach spots and the basics to. Gail better recognize that she is never getting that any of those belts.
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 11:54 am

Brad Vicious wrote:

ALL of the Divas on Raw have matches. ALL of the Divas on SD have matches. They are wrestling more then any of you bitching and moaning about how there aren't any "wrestlers" among the WWE Divas. How the fuck are they not wrestlers? They may not not be good right now, but that doesn't mean they ain't busting their ass.

Then again, I saw a picture of Nattie as a baby. She didn't like the way her momma was breastfeeding her and slapped a headlock on her momma's tit. She was born a wrestler!
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:15 pm

sarcy wrote:
Brad Vicious wrote:

ALL of the Divas on Raw have matches. ALL of the Divas on SD have matches. They are wrestling more then any of you bitching and moaning
Then again, I saw a picture of Nattie as a baby. She didn't like the way her momma was breastfeeding her and slapped a headlock on her momma's tit. She was born a wrestler!

they bitch and moan just as much as you do, and your ignorance about Natalya is getting you nowhere. just because you hate the fact she was born in a wrestling family, doesnt mean the rest of us have to
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 4:03 pm

Dolph Ziggler wrote:
damn Kev, couldnt of said it any better myself

I'll 2nd that.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 6:53 pm

WOW! That was alot of reading, I myself will always prefer wrestling ALWAYS! but I do not and have never mided T&A divas doing there things on the side (AWAY FROM A CHAMPIONSHIP FEUD)

WWE lately will push anyone just to push them even if they suck or not (And most of them suck)

They are so fucking desperate to have another Trish story but it won't happen because these ladies are all different and once WWE gets that through there thick skulls, we won't have a kickass division like we used to. The Divas just aren't important enough. With that said I agreed with alot of Sarcy said, Melina and Jillian (TRAINED WRESTLERS) fucking up a total of three matches is embarassing and its even more embarassing when Layla/Mickie and Kelly Kelly/Gail Kim managed to put on better matches. Each match having a model too.

For a long ass time I was so mad at the Diva Search because hiring those whores meant losing Nidia, Gail Kim, Jazz, Dawn Marie, Ivory, Molly and Jacqueline(whom was released a few months before the bloodbath of losing Gail, Jazz, Nidia)

But I can't lie, I hated losing most of those girls but without the diva search I would not have Layla as my current favorite diva, Michelle, Candice, Maryse, Eve, The Bellas(No idea why folks hate them, those girls are better than a few of the models but still no credit)

Sidenote, Dvas Championship is sooooooooooo cute! I dont care how it looks, its about who wil hold it one day and epic moments like Jillian's title win smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 6:59 pm

Dolph Ziggler wrote:
sarcy wrote:
Brad Vicious wrote:

ALL of the Divas on Raw have matches. ALL of the Divas on SD have matches. They are wrestling more then any of you bitching and moaning

they bitch and moan just as much as you do, and your ignorance about Natalya is getting you nowhere. just because you hate the fact she was born in a wrestling family, doesnt mean the rest of us have to
You seriously need to get your head out of your ass and read what people say sometimes. I may be wrong but I think Sarcy is talking from a fans point of view, the ones that dont give a shit about the divas.

We the members, the internet community know of Natalya and what she can do but so far in the WWE ring? She has yet to show us why we should give a damn, I don't blame her I blame WWE because all of the divas are being treated like this, We all know Nattie can wrestle better then all of the divas but Sarcy is talking from the fans point of view (Majority dont give a shit about the divas) It sucks but it is the truth, to them Natalya is just another useless chick. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 8:42 pm

Blue Campbell wrote:
Dolph Ziggler wrote:
sarcy wrote:
Brad Vicious wrote:

You seriously need to get your head out of your ass and read what people say sometimes. I may be wrong but I think Sarcy is talking from a fans point of view, the ones that dont give a shit about the divas.

We the members, the internet community know of Natalya and what she can do but so far in the WWE ring? She has yet to show us why we should give a damn, I don't blame her I blame WWE because all of the divas are being treated like this, We all know Nattie can wrestle better then all of the divas but Sarcy is talking from the fans point of view (Majority dont give a shit about the divas) It sucks but it is the truth, to them Natalya is just another useless chick. Model/PG era Icon_cry

why is it, that when someone goes after a wrestler because of her family history...its ok. i say it, you come after me. marks stick together ALWAYS
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 8:48 pm

Because he's an idiot shifty
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 8:55 pm

its annoying when someone talks about a wrestler whos family was previously in the business, its like who the fuck cares. not everyones kid, sibling etc gets into wrestling so when a family member does, we anticipate what they might do. not everyone goes "omgz they should be in title contention every week because of their family heritage", we just want to see how successful they can be because of the previous generations of the family that were. Jim Neidhart wasnt THAT successful in terms of titles and wins etc, but hes still a big enough name because of the roles he had in wrestling, so it comes naturally that we expect big things from his daughter, because wed like to see her go far in the business like her father did, is that too much to ask? or do we have to be pricks to appease the masses.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 8:59 pm

No no, then we'd just be bitchin Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:03 pm

KiwiKevin wrote:
No no, then we'd just be bitchin Model/PG era Icon_rolleyes

who gives a flying fuck? thats why talking wrestling with people who do shit like that isnt fun anymore. i doubt Natalya or any other diva or superstar with family ties to the business gives a shit about the haters that make comments like "she slapped a sharpshooter on as soon as she came out of her moms vagina". thats why her and other people like her are doing what theyre doing, and we're sitting on our computers talking about it, while some of us take it over the top and act like our comments will get noticed by a company and action will be taken
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:13 pm

Forums are meant for ppl to disagree and discus things, shit will be boring if we all agreed on shit. VERY BORING! Sure some of us go about it the wrong way but its whatever
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:15 pm

If you say so Drama Queen
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:16 pm

KiwiKevin wrote:
If you say so Drama Queen
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:18 pm

Model/PG era 236889 he has a point
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:18 pm

What am i not allowed to share my opinion? How contradicting of you. EXCUSE ME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:20 pm

Yea and I rolled my eyes or am I not allowed to?
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:22 pm

KiwiKevin wrote:
What am i not allowed to share my opinion? How contradicting of you. Model/PG era 929811

i was referring to you, haha
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:24 pm

Dolph Ziggler wrote:
KiwiKevin wrote:
What am i not allowed to share my opinion? How contradicting of you. Model/PG era 929811

i was referring to you, haha

I was refering to someones eye roll.... drool
Back to top Go down
Brad Vicious
Main Eventer
Brad Vicious

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 11:30 pm

El Mesias wrote:
its annoying when someone talks about a wrestler whos family was previously in the business, its like who the fuck cares. not everyones kid, sibling etc gets into wrestling so when a family member does, we anticipate what they might do. not everyone goes "omgz they should be in title contention every week because of their family heritage", we just want to see how successful they can be because of the previous generations of the family that were. Jim Neidhart wasnt THAT successful in terms of titles and wins etc, but hes still a big enough name because of the roles he had in wrestling, so it comes naturally that we expect big things from his daughter, because wed like to see her go far in the business like her father did, is that too much to ask? or do we have to be pricks to appease the masses.

I'm with you Dead. Its not just her father tho, her uncles and grandfather were also huge impacts in the business. So its safe to assume she grew up around it, whereas someone like Lacey Von Erich, whos father died at an early age (and she lived with her mother anyways), wouldn't have that luxery, and didn't get into wrestling until Vince called her up to go to developmental a few years ago. All her uncles were dead and gone except for Kevin, who dosnt want anything to do with wrestling anymore, so there was no one to teach her early on.

Its not genetics that makes Nattie great (altho Im sure its a part of it), but how she must have grown up.

And Sarcy, just because someone gets thrown into a ring dosnt make them a wrestler, unless you think David Arquette and Dennis Rodman are wrestlers as well.
I want wrestlers who actually care about more than the paycheck, and who have dedicated their lives to training to make their match entertaining, not people who're hired on looks alone.
I'm not saying all the model divas are worthless, some are pretty great, but I'd like for WWE to begin hiring more on wrestling prowess. Thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 11:44 pm

Brad Vicious wrote:
El Mesias wrote:

I'm with you Dead. Its not just her father tho, her uncles and grandfather were also huge impacts in the business. So its safe to assume she grew up around it, whereas someone like Lacey Von Erich, whos father died at an early age (and she lived with her mother anyways), wouldn't have that luxery, and didn't get into wrestling until Vince called her up to go to developmental a few years ago. All her uncles were dead and gone except for Kevin, who dosnt want anything to do with wrestling anymore, so there was no one to teach her early on.

not only that, not all wrestlers children are in wrestling. Hogans kids arent in wrestling, even though theres a rumor going around Nick wants to be a wrestler, and Road Warrior Animals son is currently in the NFL
Back to top Go down
sarcy
World Champion
World Champion
sarcy

Female

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 11:58 pm

Brad Vicious wrote:
And Sarcy, just because someone gets thrown into a ring dosnt make them a wrestler, unless you think David Arquette and Dennis Rodman are wrestlers as well.
I want wrestlers who actually care about more than the paycheck, and who have dedicated their lives to training to make their match entertaining, not people who're hired on looks alone.

I really do think that not every person that is labeled "a wrestler" does it for the pure love of a fake sport. Since this thread is about the WWE, pro wrestling isn't pro wrestling. It's sports entertainment. I think a lot of the Divas just love the thrill of being able to perform for a lot of people.

However, there's only so much money a person can take when it comes to awkwardly landing on your body and risking some serious injury every night while being away from your life outside of wrestling 300+ days a year. I also think that there is such a thing as a "wrestling bug". Back in 2004 with the original DS, they pretty much hired everyone but the token black chick. And that was a sweet deal for some of those chicks! Just go show up in a bikini and get paid 10x the amount they would at their local night clubs? That's the American dream of a Stripper!

Look who stayed around longer then a few weeks: Christy, Maria, Candice, and Michelle. Two of them suffered some major injures (Christy/Neck, Candice/Shoulder), but still kept at it. Even though it shows/ed that they were scared to get hurt again. That's just a common human thought.

I think the models need a little more balance of criticism. They came into an industry in a smart way. Is it a "respectable" way? Who knows. It's not any different them promoters using nepotism in most cases. Your kid wants to be the champ? Fine! The days of big time feds outside of the WWE are over. At the end of the day, the only place the WWE labels your training from is OVW/DSW/FCW or some other place the WWE owns. I am sure you ask any stars that made something of themselves in the WWE in the past 5 years, they would prolly say they would had love to be able to jump past indy fed #176821 and #15672 to get a shot that the WWE. Especially the women like the Mickie, Jillian or Beth's. Those three worked for just about any fed that would let them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Model/PG era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Model/PG era   Model/PG era Empty

Back to top Go down

Model/PG era
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next