Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colt Cabana's Amendment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Colt Cabana's Amendment Empty
PostSubject: Colt Cabana's Amendment   Colt Cabana's Amendment EmptyThu 03 Dec 2009, 1:56 pm

As noted in the this Tuesday’s ROH Newswire, Colt Cabana has approached ROH officials with an amendment to the contract for Saturday night’s World Title match after seeing the footage from the latest episode of “ROH on HDNet”. In the match that aired last Monday night, Cabana had Aries locked in the “Billy Goat’s Curse” when Kenny King once more came to the aid of “A-Double”. The referee in charge of the action was busy making sure that King did not enter the ring, and with his attention focuses on that, did not see Aries frantically tapping out to Cabana’s hold. This opened the door for Rhett Titus to add himself to the fray, and while Cabana dispatched him before he could strike, that was all Aries needed to turn the tide and take the match.

Now add to that series of events Aries’ comments about Cabana after seeing his recent Videowire interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPWZUSlK9hA). Cabana pledged to reverse the Chicago curse, while Aries was insulted at the very notion. Mix it all together, and you end up with Cabana as heated as he has been since his return to Ring of Honor. “I guess I’m a joke to Aries,” Cabana commented to ROHWrestling.com. “He didn’t take me seriously at TV, and as far as I’m concerned I beat him and the footage says it all. Now he makes fun of something I’m actually passionate about (reversing the curse), giving me a zero percent chance of winning and insults me even more. Chicago’s most lovable loser? Come on, without his buddies saving his [expletive] he’d have already lost that belt.”

We can now confirm that Cabana’s amendment is specifically designed to eliminate the possibility of that situation occurring again. What does Chicago’s Favorite Son want?

He wants Aries in a CAGE.

He wants to keep the cronies out and keep Aries in, so Cabana can show “A Double” just how lovable he can be. They’ve been locked inside a steel cage with one another before, back in February of 2005 at “3rd Anniversary Celebration Pt. 1” when Aries first championship reign was in its infancy. That match is definitely a hidden gem in the ROH catalogue, featuring one of the most exciting endings to a cage match anywhere. Without question, both men have advanced far beyond their 2005 stock, and with the caveat Austin Aries has added to the contract, the stakes are raised a great deal higher than they ever were before.

Aries’ addition is simple: He’ll agree to the cage stipulation, but if Colt Cabana is not successful in winning the match, he will NEVER receive another shot at the ROH World Title in Chicago. Not against Aries, not against any future champion, never again will “Boom Boom” get to challenge for the World Title in front of his hometown, his friends, or his family. “It’s pretty simple from where I sit,” said Aries. “It’s called ‘putting your money where your mouth is’. It’s put up or shut up time. I’ll get in the cage with Cabana again, and I’ll beat him again. But this time when it’s over, it really is over. The Cubs have waited over a hundred years. Cabana will wait forever.”

ROH has a great history of steel cage matches when it comes to the Windy City, and this will likely be no different. Will Cabana reverse the curse or will he end up blackballed in his own hometown? Make sure you get your tickets for the 1st cage match in Chicago since January either here at www.rohwrestling.com or at the door on the night of the event!
Back to top Go down

Colt Cabana's Amendment
Page 1 of 1