Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE Empty
PostSubject: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

Punk & Cabana Comment on Colt's Time with WWE

- The Chicago Reader spoke with Colt Cabana and CM Punk this past week about Cabana's release from WWE and more. Here are some quotes:

Colt Cabana on his time with WWE and his departure:

"I was just another guy in their system. It was a very negative vibe. You start doubting everything about yourself as a wrestler. All the confidence you ever had gets beaten out of you. I was investing in my future. I said, 'I'm going to take the hit on money here because I know I'm doing the right thing. In four years, I'm going to be on global television. I'm going to be a big star. I don't look like [WWE star] John Cena. I don't have these giant muscles. But I do have a natural charisma. Wrestling needs to be different, and I have a way different style than all these guys. I wasn't given a chance to shine like that. So next thing you know, I get four matches, I lose all of them, I get thrown out of battle royals, and I get fired."

"Those first few months were depressing. I grew up watching the WWF; it's all I wanted to do. They told me that I wasn't good enough. Me knowing that that was a lie—that I just didn't get the right opportunity—was f***ing heartbreaking. I had to move back with my parents. It was awful."

CM Punk on Colt's time with WWE:

"At times, I think the people who love wrestling are punished. He's a guy that would and could do anything. For anybody to say, 'We have nothing for you' to him is laughable. I speak my mind. Our system is broken, and the proof is letting a talent of Colt's caliber slip through the cracks."

CM Punk on mentioning Colt on WWE TV:

"Having the platform to say things on live television would be a total waste if I wasn't trying to help my friends. It'd be one thing if he sucked, but he's a goldmine. I believe everybody needs to witness his brilliance."

Colt on going back to WWE:

"My goal is to go back to WWE. I'd like to be successful and get a real opportunity. But the reason I'm doing podcasts and comedy and trying everything out is that I just can't wait for them to say, 'Hey Colt, we like you now'—which a lot of wrestlers do. They wrestle, but they're not making moves; they're just hoping they'll be picked. I can't afford to do that."

Punk on being proud of Cabana:

"I'm extremely proud of him. Fired on a Friday, booked on Saturday. He hustles like nobody else I know. I honestly can't say I'd have the stomach for it after making it to the WWE. However, it boils down to his love of wrestling. It's his art. It's his livelihood. He's proven to be a talent that can transcend wrestling."

PW---

nice read. i havent seen Colt Cabana but i've heard nothing but good things about him in the IWC. Hopefully he gets his spotlight in the WWE at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm

I would love to see him back, provided he's actually given a real chance to succeed.
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 11:45 pm

I don't remember him at all in WWE. Generally speaking, around what year was he there?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 2:42 am

In 2007, he wrestled some dark matches. In 2008, he debuted as Scotty Goldman.

WWE jobbed him completely, as he lost all of his matches.
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 2:55 am

That might explain it...
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 8:12 am

Personally don't see his appeal. Good wrestler he may be, this is sports ENTERTAINMENT. Sure, he could've gotten more to go with, but sometimes entertaining doesn't come from scripts, but from showing it in character/making yourself noticed.

Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

have you even seen Colt Cabanas stuff outside of WWE? my guess is you havent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE   Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE Empty

Back to top Go down

Punk & Colt Cabana comment on Colt's time in WWE
Page 1 of 1