Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EXCLUSIVE: Mark Madden's Negotiations With TNA Are...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

EXCLUSIVE: Mark Madden's Negotiations With TNA Are... Empty
PostSubject: EXCLUSIVE: Mark Madden's Negotiations With TNA Are...   EXCLUSIVE: Mark Madden's Negotiations With TNA Are... EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 3:41 am

this is coming straight from Mark Madden

NEGOTIATIONS WITH TNA ARE…

…non-existent.

I’m not going to TNA. I haven’t talked to anybody there. I don’t expect to. I don’t want to.

The Internet report that Kevin Nash wants Taz out and me in as TNA color commentator originated with fans at a Pittsburgh comic book convention Nash appeared at. I was there, and somebody asked me if I wanted to work for TNA. I said no. Nash joked that he was trying to talk me into it, and I replied that I wanted Traci Brooks as a signing bonus. Traci was right there and my God, does any woman have a better body? Frankie Kazarian may commit suicide by implant.

We were having a laugh. That’s it. Taz does a good job, and TNA couldn’t afford me. I never committed 100 percent to wrestling because I knew the real money, for me, was in radio. I was right.

That said, I know I could do a tremendous job having learned from my mistakes on Nitro and after another decade of successfully talking into a microphone five days a week. If I constantly draw monster ratings on radio, I certainly have the cutting-edge charisma and mic skills to provide entertainment during a couple hours of TV per week, especially at a time when Matt Striker gets canonized. Talk about having a laugh.

But I’m not interested. I’m 48, not in the greatest health, and I have no desire to travel or work two very demanding jobs at once. I also have no desire to be waist-deep in wrestling politics ever again.

So I’ll just sit in my ivory tower and judge from afar. That’s as involved as I want to be with wrestling.

Unless I get Traci Brooks as a signing bonus, Then, I’m in.

Some suggest that Dixie Carter wouldn’t hire me after all the criticism I’ve sent her way. If I were Dixie, I’d be more wary of those who constantly say what she wants to hear.

My Christmas wish for Kevin Nash is, as always, more money. For me, Traci Brooks. (It looks like Bret Hart is going to beat me to Melina.) If I need extra holiday money, I can always drive a Coke truck.
Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE: Mark Madden's Negotiations With TNA Are...
Page 1 of 1