Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ
The Voice
The Voice
KJ

Male
Number of posts : 3495
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers* Empty
PostSubject: Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*   Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers* EmptySat 16 Jan 2010, 10:18 pm

Credit: F4WOnline.com

According to Dave Meltzer, Bret Hart first contacted WWE in February of 2009 to let them know that he was open to returning for a storyline. Hart's girlfriend was going to school in Calgary and he would be based out of Calgary for a few years instead of Hawaii, where he had been. Bret was getting bored with retirement and thought of getting back into wrestling.

Bret notes that there were times when WWE seemed interested and other times when they really didn't seem interested in his return at all. He told them a few times that if they weren't that interested, he was fine with that and then he would always hear immediately back from them with interest. Talks for this year's WrestleMania angle got serious last September.

There is a storyline in place through WrestleMania between Hart and Vince McMahon with hope for some sort of street fight or at least a showdown between the two at WrestleMania. Due to concussions from the past and his stroke in 2002, Hart is very limited to what he can do in the ring. He can't take a traditional flat back bump. Obviously challenges like these could affect what happens between Bret and Vince. The original script for the RAW angle a few weeks back was for Vince to slap Bret in the face. Because of the concussion issue, they changed it to a kick in the stomach. It actually ended up being a kick to the groin from Vince, a miscue that Bret felt made the segment better.

Both Bret and WWE have laid out the basic details of the storyline and agreed on them. Each side has veto power regarding minor details. Hart is scheduled to return at next week's RAW and is scheduled to be a regular on RAW through February. Bret's contract with WWE is for through April and is only for this storyline. Bret is said to be open to ideas if WWE is interested in using him past that point and is open to signing a longer contract. If no contract would be offered, he is still open to appearing on the occasional show for the next few years while he's mostly based out of Calgary.

Other sources report that revealing Bret's stroke from 2002 in the storyline has been talked about. Apparently it will be a significant part of the angle at some point. Bret's concussion issue is less likely to be brought up because it's such a sensitive issue right now.

On the plane trip from Hawaii to RAW, Bret's sciatic nerve in his lower back was acting up badly, causing concern that he would be limping to the ring. Bret rested after the trip and was pain free by the time RAW came on Monday night.

HIS THOUGHTS ON HIS SEGMENT WITH HBK

On his official Facebook page, Bret Hart commented on his 1/4 RAW return and his interaction with Shawn Michaels, writing:

"It's worth mentioning that although I did see Shawn earlier in the afternoon in the cafeteria, our in-ring face-off was unrehearsed and heartfelt on both sides and I can finally say that Shawn and I have finally made peace in what has been a long, draining, and sometimes pointless war of personalities. As for everything else that happened, on one hand, I finally found some closure. On the other hand, as far as Vince McMahon goes, I haven't closed anything at all. I have a lot of friends in a lot of places and we'll just have to see what happens next."

Hart referred to the his return as "one of the happiest nights in wrestling history" based on the reaction he received from the current WWE roster.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*   Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers* EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 7:21 pm

It's good to know that there are no hard feelings between HBK and Hart. I don't think Hart should wrestle a match at Wrestlemania because of his now limited ring ability. I think he will struggle to keep at a satisfactory pace and an unfortunate accident is more than likely.

I think that following WM he should become The Hart Dynasty manager and not take any bumps because people would not attack him out of respect for the legend.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*   Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers* EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 7:27 pm

How old is Bert's girlfriend???
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*   Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers* EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 8:46 pm

Who's Bert
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*   Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers* EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 9:25 pm

Bert is my father.

:P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*   Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers* Empty

Back to top Go down

Bret Hart Details of Contract/Storyline *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1