Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?

Go down 
+2
angelmessiah
Blue Ryder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 7:05 pm

To all you rockers (Dead, Joey, Venom, LiE) This is for you! Give a bit details to your choices just to get some discussion going.
Back to top Go down
angelmessiah
World Champion
World Champion
angelmessiah

Male
Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 2008-10-02

What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 10:09 pm

i don't know what the "5 of all time" would be, so here's my 5 favorites

5. youth of a nation- P.O.D.
4. indestructible- Disturbed
3. heart shaped box- Nirvana
2. any Evanescence song
1. since i been loving you- Led Zeppelin
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 10:37 pm

This is a really tough question. It's like asking your favorite song, I just can't do it. I like way to many songs to make that statement. I can say something to the extent of albums, though I like everything from each artist.

(No order)
#1. Def Leppard (first two albums + E.p)
#2. Firehouse (First two albums)
#3. Guns n' Roses (All their stuff, along with "Hollywood Rose".)
#4. Tesla (first three albums)
#5. Whitesnake (1987)

This is really limiting things though, there's so many more great albums from these guys, along with other artists like "Deep Purple", "Led Zeppelin", "Autograph", "white lion", "reo speedwagon", "scorpions", "kiss", iron maiden", "stryper", "AC/DC" so many more. Even the ones who made only one album, which was great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 10:58 pm

Putting my extreme personal favorites aside;

5) Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (Lyrics make absolutely no sense and it STILL got radio air)
4) Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
3) Flash Of The Blade - Iron Maiden
2) Walk - Pantera (Dimebag would probably agree)
1) Enter Sandman - Metallica (Coulda said anything off the Black Album)

I went mainstream here. Sue me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 11:29 pm

You dare include Nirvana on a list of BEST ROCKKK AND ROLLL songs on that list? Good lord, Nirvana is grunge, to even categorize them as Rock and Roll is, well, bad!

It's hard to come up with a list, but after doing some thinking I've come up with mine, which isn't too bad.

Close Calls:
10) Dirt - Alice in Chains
9) Peace Sells - Megadeth
8) Rock You Like a Hurricane - The Scorpions
7) Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
6) N.I.B - Black Sabbath

Top 5:
5) One - Metallica. (Despite my slight hatred for Metallica, I can get into some of their songs, and this has to be my favourite from them. They have a huge impact in their genre, and I can't help not giving them a spot on the list.)

4) Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses. (Probably one of their best and most popular songs ever, it's got a lot of meaning, and Slash does some sick Guitar Riffs and solos in this one, it definitely deserves a spot.)

3) Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard. (No explanation needed.)

2) Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden. (Along with Metallica, Megadeth, and Slayer, Iron Maiden - to me - is the best band out of the big four, and this song is just fucking sick. The drumming is off the charts, the guitar fits in sync with it perfectly, it's all just spectacular music. I had trouble deciding whether or not to put Flash of the Blade on this instead, but went with Run to the Hills mainly for the badass drumming.)

1) Another Brick in the Wall - Pink Floyd. (I'm surprised Pink Floyd is to be found nowhere on anyone's lists, but really, they are the fucking BEST rock band to date, and this is really one of their best songs. It's just amazing, to be honest.)
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 11:32 pm

Rock and roll is such a broad term you can shove almost anything under it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 11:41 pm

I wouldn't dare classify a Grunge band as Rock and Roll. Grunge was born from Rock and Roll, which a lot of genres did, BUT, it grew and eventually strays away from the Rock and Roll aspect.

Nirvana strays away from it, I might understand specific (not all) Pearl Jam songs, but Nirvana...that's grunge. Not Rock.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 11:48 pm

I'm not going to argue with you because apparently no one can ever be right, but that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 11:50 pm

I'm not trying to start trouble, but grunge is total horse shit. JUST my opinion.

Glitch, your list is pretty killer. Apart from Metallica, they byte. People always bitched about Def Leppard becoming more "poppy" than they used to be, which is true, but they still made great music. Steve brought ALOT to that band. There still good today, I dare say, there not as good as they used to be when Steve was alive.

He's my favorite guitar player, so, obviously he means alot to me in the band, in or out.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 11:54 pm

I don't give a fuck about Grunge or Nirvana, I just put them on my list based on general mainstream opinions. Bullshit all around.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 11:56 pm

Is Run Dmc's "walk this way" a rock song?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:02 am

LiE, I can barely stand Metallica myself, but there are some songs I do like..like "One", and they did revolutionize the genre, so they did deserve a spot. And I can tolerate some grunge, to a degree, that being Pearl Jam mainly but that's a whole different topic.

On another note, I almost put Queen on my list. o_o

DL, that song is done with Aerosmith, and since Aerosmith does the majority of the song, that should qualify it as a rock song, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:13 am

What's there NOT to like about Metallica? Really? Because they've enjoyed years of success and a percentage of the world's population gave that to them? Seeing Metallica live changed my fucking life. I never felt so part of a family before.

Wake me up when Megadeth make it into the Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:27 am

Metallica sucks because they have grown tired of metal and are now hungry for money. Sure, they used to rock the fucking balls off you when you played them in 86, but the double-bass drums sound softer when they're filled with cash. When Metallica sues their fans for listening to Metallica songs, THEY SUCK! I can picture Lars and his lawyers rolling nude in piles of money, laughing at the morons that are still willing to pay top dollar for their symphony-remixes of the same old shit. At some point one of them must've stopped dry-humping stacks of hundreds, wiped their diarrhea mustache and agreed to allow "Unforgiven" to be interpreted into elevator music. Furthermore, they have continued to suck by jacking up the prices of their tickets and merchandise. It seems the more their music rolls downhill into a pit of alternative dogshit, the more they think they're worth. Plain and simple, a band that is more hardcore about their image and record sales than their depleting fanbase is Metallica.

Post-80's Metallica is honestly awful.
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:29 am

There just not a band I cared to much for.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:34 am

You obviously never bothered to see the band beyond their image or sound. There's more to any band than that. You can't expect people to stay the same for decades and produce the same old shit.

As for Lars, I WOULD DO THE SAME FUCKING THING. It's called illegal downloading for a reason.

But apparently your non-humble opinion is all that matters, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:44 am

They're money hungry asshole hypocrites beyond their image, and beyond their sound.

And did you know, that Metallica released a demo song in the 80s...for free..but then sued the site for releasing free demo songs later on?

..They're money hungry asshole hypocrites beyond their image, and beyond their sound..

If I dare say it, Anthrax is better than a lot of their shit.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:48 am

Nice Google work. It's cute.

I respect every band and artist for what they produce. I may not like everything, but I still have respect. It's interesting to watch you bash the shit out of a band when you can hardly produce music of your own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 12:57 am

Honestly, I can't respect music that I find to be utter horseshit. I do respect the people who are talented (not always the case, if they're complete douchebags aka Lars), even if I don't like it. At least Megadeth shows respects for their fans.

I'm sick of arguing though, you're not talking talent and sound, which I was trying to refer to all along..but then it came to respect and "looking past the band"
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 1:02 am

What you like and what everyone else likes are two separate entities. If Lars is a douchebag then call me a slumwhore because I'd want as much money as I can get for my music. That's all that matters in that industry.

You can blame Blue for starting the fucking topic.
Back to top Go down
FantasiaFangbanger
Opener
FantasiaFangbanger

Female
Number of posts : 130
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CRYME TYME,
JEFF AND MATT HARDY
Favorite WWE Diva : LITA,
MICKIE JAMES
Favorite TNA Wrestler :
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 8:40 am

Ozzy mr. Crowley
Ozzy War Pigs
Metallica One
Bon Jovi living on a prayer
Kiss Detroit Rock City
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?   What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think are the 5 best rock and roll songs of all time (any era)?
Page 1 of 1