Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jolie-less Wanted 2 On

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Jolie-less Wanted 2 On Empty
PostSubject: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On EmptySun 28 Feb 2010, 5:39 pm

A couple of days back it was announced that Angelina Jolie wouldn't be returning for the sequel to Universal's "Wanted" as originally planned. Apparently the filming dates wouldve conflicted with a science-fiction thriller called "Gravity" that Jolie had apparently committed to make with Alfonso CuaronJolie-less Wanted 2 On 2_bing. But as it turns out, Jolie's ditched that project too.

Whatever the case, Jolie is not doing "Wanted 2".

And with that, most assumed that'd be the last we hear of the sequel.

Now "Wanted" scribe Mark Millar is reassuring fans of the 2008 actioner that a sequel will happen - with or without Jolie.

"Wanted 2 will be certainly going ahead, because the first one made too much money for them not to do a sequel", the author tells STV. "What was funny was originally Wanted was just going to be one movie, and Angelina dies at the end, Morgan FreemanJolie-less Wanted 2 On 2_bing dies at the end - sorry to anyone who hasn't bought it yet...

"The idea was that it was going to be self-contained, but the movie cost $75 million to make and it made $314 million back just theatrically. At the premiere the tracking was really good and everything, and the producer came up and said �What are we going to do for Wanted 2?' and I was like 'I don't have any ideas!'

"So they put something together, and it was bringing Angelina back from the dead and everything. I don't know, I think that probably just didn't sit easily with her, because it has to be a really good reason why somebody comes back from the dead."

Millar added: "I think it's actually more authentic if they keep her dead. She was the star of the movie really, but how cool is it to have the star dead and bring in another cool character for the next one.

"What I heard was that there's filming this year for a release at the end of next year, so the plot that they had will have some modifications now, her character will have to be written out completely. "

I'm with Millar, they'd only be bringing back Jolie's [dead] character for purely financial reasons. It's best to bring in a new pair of legs to share the screen with returning star James MvAvoy.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 2:00 am

Agreed, it wouldve been dumb to resurrect Fox because that would ruin her character's story. Plus they still have material to feed off on with Wesley dealing with the other Fraternities of the world like in the 'Wanted: Weapons of Fate" game tapped into
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 4:40 am

Brining her back, would make her awesome death in part 1 completely pointless. I loved the "Goodbye Bullet" that was awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 4:45 am

Sounds like the sequel is gonna suck. There just trying to throw something together for money.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 5:23 pm

Jordan Harvey Version 1.0 wrote:
Agreed, it wouldve been dumb to resurrect Fox because that would ruin her character's story. Plus they still have material to feed off on with Wesley dealing with the other Fraternities of the world like in the 'Wanted: Weapons of Fate" game tapped into
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 6:22 pm

Quote others with nothing else to add is bad enough, but quoting yourself and not adding anything?
Back to top Go down
LiE
World Champion
World Champion
LiE

Female
Number of posts : 1027
Job/hobbies : Rock N' Roll
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On EmptyMon 01 Mar 2010, 8:08 pm

I actually saw the first one just to see how bad it would probrably be, it wasn't TERRIBLE, but nothing great at all. The character she played was no different then something she's already played, the "badass" type. The shit's been done before.

They can get that "fox" b*****, so she can make the movie 1000x's worse than it already would be with her horrible acting. Also, concidering the idiot looks like she wants to be Jolie so bad, doesn't she even think she looks a little bit like somebody else. It really gets me how non original or "different" people are today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/divaxdiva
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jolie-less Wanted 2 On   Jolie-less Wanted 2 On Empty

Back to top Go down

Jolie-less Wanted 2 On
Page 1 of 1