Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Rodriguez Confirms 'Predators' Sequel Talk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Robert Rodriguez Confirms 'Predators' Sequel Talk Empty
PostSubject: Robert Rodriguez Confirms 'Predators' Sequel Talk   Robert Rodriguez Confirms 'Predators' Sequel Talk EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 5:04 pm

I'm absolutely confused. From my perspective, Twentieth Century Fox literally dumped Predators, treating it like one of their bastard childs. Even with the weak PR campaign, the Nimrod Antal sequel managed to score with moviegoers across the Nation, so maybe that's why the studio is perking up an eyebrow over a potential sequel? Troublemaker Studios producer Robert Rodriguez confirms there are talks. Deets inside.

Robert Rodriguez Confirms 'Predators' Sequel Talk Predators072310"[The studio] said, 'Let's do some other ones. What other story ideas do you have?'" says Rodriguez to IGN at the San Diego Comic-Con. "Because it was like, let's test out the market with this one. They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn't want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one. So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there."

Rodriguez says he has "an idea" of what he will do with the sequel. The next step, he says, is probably to have other writers come in and pitch different versions of his basic premise, along with new concepts.

And IGN totally nailed my initial thought: "What would the next Predators be titled? Predators 2? More Predators? Predators's?"

I think it would be Predator 3 to go along with the Alien franchise.
Back to top Go down

Robert Rodriguez Confirms 'Predators' Sequel Talk
Page 1 of 1