Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record Empty
PostSubject: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:18 am

Michelle McCool discusses life outside of the ring:

Palatka's McCool, a former teacher turned wrestling star, says she's the same old Michelle

Michelle McCool is a Diva, but only to the rest of the world.

"My life's not really completely different," McCool said.

The 30-year-old Palatka native, known internationally as half of the reigning WWE Women's Champion team and a WWE Diva, said it's hard for her to see the celebrity others see in her.

In McCool's eyes, the important stuff has stuck around: Family, friends, passions and herself.

"I'm still the same person," she said. "I just happen to be on TV now."

McCool grew up in Palatka watching the WWE with her father and grandfather -- her favorite nights of the week, she said.

"They were the only nights I was allowed to stay up late," she said.

In school, McCool was always an athlete, participating in volleyball, softball and basketball, she said. Competition was always in her blood, she said.

"It's in our genes," she said of competition and the McCools.

She continued to watch the programs as she grew up, taking her interest in the industry with her to Florida State University, where she received her bachelor's degree in exercise science, and onto her teaching career
at Jenkins Middle School.

She got her master's degree in educational leadership from the University of North Florida the first year she taught 7th grade science at the middle school.

She loved teaching, she said, describing how rewarding it is to reach out to help young people -- a trait she still considers important in her new career.

All the while she was still a fan of the WWE.

And then, the competition bug struck.

McCool said she didn't tell anyone she was entering the WWE Diva Search. She said she took some "unprofessional" pictures at Ravine State Gardens,
and before she knew it, she was on television.

She called herself a "fish out of water" in the competition.

But despite losing the competition, she was declared a Diva.

Since 2004, McCool has participated in Smackdown, RAW and the Women's Championship.

She's also made an appearance on "Project Runway," where a designer created a stage costume especially for her.

She often wears crosses on her uniform, a testament to her Christian beliefs, she said. With a worldwide audience, this is a way for McCool to spread her own religious message to her fans.

"I am a Christian," she said. "(The WWE) is such a platform to reach out to millions and millions of people. If you can make a difference in one life..."

And she wants her fans to know that despite her sometimes playing a villain or a bad girl, she's just a regular girl.

"I'm real," she said. "I'm genuine."

Putting aside the glittered costumes, the championship belts and the on-stage persona, life is not all glitz for the WWE Championship Diva.

McCool said her days consist of washing laundry, unpacking, repacking and traveling.

She spends more than 300 days a year on the road, she said.

"Most of the time I'm in the airport," she said. "Not quite as glamorous as it seems."

Recently,the Internet buzzed with leaked information to her marriage to another WWE superstar. The Diva chose not to discuss those details.

Instead, she said her life as a Texas resident is quiet and private.

Although she's recognized on occasion, she leads a typical life, she said. And most of the time, she's working.

Still, she said she tries to find time to return to Palatka to visit her family, who she said has supported her through her climb to stardom.

"I've always had my family," she said. "They're my biggest fans."

And as much as she loves the spotlight and glamour of her job, McCool said that sometimes she dreams of just sitting on the beach, relaxing without a care in the world.

"Doing absolutely nothing all day," she said.

She may be a TV superstar, but McCool still feels like a hometown girl.

"I still don't think I'm anybody," she said. "I'm the same old Michelle McCool."

The WWE Divas are the female stars of World Wrestling Entertainment. The women wrestle, appear in WWE promotional material and often pose for Playboy, although she hasn't.

Michelle McCool became a Diva in 2004. In 2008, McCool became the inaugural WWE Divas champion, declared at The Great American Bash. She won the WWE Women's Championship, along with Layla El, at The Bash in 2009.

McCool also appeared alongside five other Divas in an episode of Project Runway, where the competing designers created outfits for the women to wear while wrestling. She's also appeared with other WWE Divas and wrestlers on five episodes of Family Feud.

Aside from television appearances, McCool said she and the other Divas participate in charity events, such as Make-a-Wish projects, and reading challenges for children.
------------------------------------------------------------
So yeah it's kinda long but a good read even if she doesn't talk about her new hubbie Taker..
Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record 11357

Last edited by King Silva on Tue 27 Jul 2010, 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
StratusScherzinger
Killer Love
StratusScherzinger

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Latin & Ballroom Dancing
Favorite WWE Diva : Trish,Torrie,Maryse,Laycool
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail,Angelina,Sarita,Kong,Madison
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:20 am

Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:22 am

No problem. She's one of my favs so I had to! Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record 38644
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:55 am

haha she didnt win the womens title along with Layla at the bash 09 . lol silly reporter
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:57 am

I love that she carries a lot of respect for the business.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 8:59 am

The LL Father wrote:
haha she didnt win the womens title along with Layla at the bash 09 . lol silly reporter

I know sometimes they make really dumb mistakes..
Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record 747915
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:00 am

aye but she got slagged on for entering a diva search....and ppl assumed that cos she didnt go through indies that she didnt respect or know of the buisness...just because she chose to study science at Uni doesnt mean she didnt want to be a wrestler deep down...but eh she soon got some respect with her actual progression from a wrestling stand point...now shes just hated for not being pushed aside yet
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:44 am

Despite her technically not been involved in the title picture since Layla became champion (a few months). Carrying around a toy belt and calling yourself champ doesn't classify as a title push guys lol.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010, 9:56 am

well yeah she aint a champion currently lol. Layla is doing the defending
i dont see a HUGE problem with it. the co-stuff isnt acutally legit...it isnt in the titles history

and what else is Michelle supposed to do. Layla was always involved with McCool as champion..so its only right that McCool is involved now Layla is champion...the only difference is WWE have gone a different route this time..and made a second championship...which is something new for the title, and it has given the divas a lot of focus
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record EmptyWed 28 Jul 2010, 12:39 am

that was a nice interview. the second title thing was weird at first but i got use to it. it is something new.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record   Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record Empty

Back to top Go down

Michelle McCool Interview with St. Augustine Record
Page 1 of 1