Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Rare Rant

Go down 
+2
KTV-Time
X
6 posters
AuthorMessage
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 8:11 am

I don't usually post long posts anymore, and one of the reasons is because I couldn't be nominated for best poster last month so couldn't be effed lol.

After watching a recent video on Joy Giovanni and Amy Webber, it really makes me miss this time, which I took for granted because of the great division we had on Raw at that time (when Trish returned that is).

These two divas never stepped foot in the ring, but I really wish they had've. It woulda been a clusterfuck I'm sure, but I would've loved to see them develop and train over time. Look where Candice got...These two woulda got further in ability. Lets start with Joy.

One word. True underdog...Sorry, two. This woman had the face, the voice and the personality of someone who could become the top face of the division. She was a bit nervous in segments at first, but in a way, it added to the character she had. She was innocent, and was extremely over with the fans, which could've easily improved. Given a push and improvement, this girl could've been over like Torrie/Trish, and could've been a strong competitor in the division today. Her teaming with Big Show was a nice touch, also adding to her character. I don't think its possible to hate Joy based on her character.

Truth told, Smackdown during this time wasn't focused on wrestling, and thats fine. We had backstage segments and fueds, without the need for a match...Thats how epic Smackdown booking was and still is. Joy Giovanni had a character and overness without even stepping inside the ring once. Guess its better we know her for that, then for a botchfest in the ring I spose?

Her fued with Amy was IMO great. Sure it won't be well remembered, but thats because it was solely backstage. I remember marking when Joy (who had the best music) was going to have a match for the first time with Webber, but then she was kidnapped. Oh yeah, that reminds me...These two divas were involved with the likes of Big Show, JBL and Kurt Angle. KURT ANGLE. How many divas have storylines involving Main Eventers these days? Thats right, none. These divas got so over because of this. They were valets, and used as characters outside of the ring, but still with a great role, and boy it worked. If only Joy and Amy stuck around, just valeting would've worked for them, because they had such dynamic characters that didn't need to be thrown in the ring to be someone.

Then we get to Amy. Many probably forget who she is, but for those fortunate enough to know who she is, you will know what I'm talking about. Her character was gold, simple enough. She was involved in the biggest stable at that time, the Cabinet with the WWE CHAMPION. Yeah, a diva involved with the world champion, you heard me right. This girl had such natural confidence, and she didn't struggle in segments whatsoever. She was green like Joy, yet she had such an awesome presence. She had a presence which couldn't be replicated. Given years of development, she would've had a Sable like presence. Even if she didn't wrestle, people would know her, and what she does.

This girl was so good, when she left Melina took her place as the dominant HBIC on Smackdown. Smackdown during this time was so great not because of Michelle or whoever else, but because of the fued revolving around Amy and Joy. Dawn...Not relevant, Amy killed her in character during this time, which says a lot. These two could've been Smackdown today, if they had've lasted.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 8:21 am

Lol cool write up, although never cared for Joy.

I LOVED ME some amy, i love that she was honest about her position in the company and knew her place. She said it herself, she had no intention of becoming a wrestler, she never wanted to be a full time wrestler, she says she will stick to valeting, when she needs to get in the ring for a storyline, she will. I just loved her for that. Not being fake or pretending like the other girls. She knew what she was good at and kept to it.

Amy would have been great, she would have gone down as one of the best valets in history. The crowd was behind this feud 100% and the match would have been one of the most memorable matches in wrestling history, Like Stephanie vs. Trish, it wasn't focused on the wrestling, just the whole storyline developing and just seeing these girls tear each other apart in a shitty catfight would have been satisfying.

I miss AMy, i wish she would come back, she could give some of the girls lesson 101 in how to work the camera.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 9:46 am

I loved Amy, mostly because of her work as Porcelain Bidet on Son of the Beach. Anyway, she seemed like a natural and had she stuck around I could easily see her working as a manager since she was good talker, had tons of charisma, she didn't take too much focus away from the man she was managing, and did pretty well at getting herself over when the majority of fans were simply not giving any of the diva search rejects the time of day.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 10:27 am

I THINK I know what you're on about, X... just not reading all that shit.

I guess they coulda hung around a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 1:14 pm

I don't usually post long posts anymore, and one of the reasons is because I couldn't be nominated for best poster last month so couldn't be effed lol.

No you didn't! You strategic bastard hilarious hilarious

I actually liked them both, their mini feud was hilarious. I was so pissed when they didn't wrestle that one time, they were scheduled but some shit happened and we never saw a match. No So rawbed!
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 3:03 pm

I personally didnt like their feud. There was something about it that I did not like. I get back then SD wasnt the show for womens wrestling. I liked the Dawn-Jackie feud better.

I will like to see womens wrestling go back to 2000-2004 before the DS. It had the best matches, storylines and feuds. Thats the era I really miss.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 1:21 am

Your right Janine, but what was so good about this is that they didn't take the spotlight away from divas in the ring, or claim to be pushed to the moon. They just had a character fued, which is something Candice/etc should've had. Diva search people SHOULD HAVE been developed this way, not thrown in the ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Rare Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rare Rant   A Rare Rant Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rare Rant
Page 1 of 1