Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho

Go down 
+3
X
King Silva
Angelus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho Empty
PostSubject: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 3:22 am

If you have been a wrestling fan for at least four years, you know of Chris Benoit.

Many people know Benoit as being a pro-wrestler, but more so for killing his wife and child, along with himself. Fans will always remember Benoit gave his heart and soul in the ring, everytime he went out there. But a dark cloud will always follow his name.

As we know now, Benoit had CTE, a brain disorder caused by repeated shots to the head. Those who get concussions often are the people most subjected to it. People forget that CTE effects more than just the wrestling world, but also the sports world as well.

In fact, quite a few football players developed the disorder. And a few of them did the exact same thing Benoit did, in that they killed themselves. Now, did all of them do it the same way? No, but the end result was the same.

In any case, the disorder is not just a focus for pro-wrestling, but sports period. Wrestling haters should realize this before suddenly thinking only wrestlers could develop it.

Chris Benoit, we forget, was also a man.

Sure, he was a pro-wrestler on TV every week, but he wasn't just that guy you saw on TV weekly. He was a father and friend. One of his more notable friends would be Chris Jericho.

Jericho traveled with Benoit, was like a second father to Benoit's kids, and could be considered one of Benoit's best friends. Jericho spoke about Benoit in his last book quite prominently. He even had to write a forward for the book to tell people that the Benoit in the book was the man he knew before the tragedy.

Now, in Jericho's new book—of which is sure to sell very well—Benoit is mentioned once again. This time, Jericho talks about the ups and downs of the relationship with Benoit.

Now, I haven't read the book yet, so I can't say I know every word. However, Jericho is not the type of guy to throw friends under the bus, nor would he do it to the dead. In any case, he had a few things to say about his friend of the same first name. Here are a few excerpts from the book:

On Benoit's sense of humor: "Not a giggle, not a chuckle, not a tee-hee…never went ‘Ha.' But when somebody threw up or fell down the stairs, he would laugh out loud for hours on end."
On being Benoit's friend: "I considered Chris to be one of my closest companions, but it wasn't always easy to be his friend. You had to take the good with the bad when it came to his friendship."
On hearing that Benoit's family was dead: "My gut feeling was Chris had killed them."

I think the last quote is one that will catch the attention of many. A guy who knew Benoit probably better than anyone could feel that his friend did the unthinkable before he even knew what happened for real.

He knew Benoit killed his wife and child, he could feel it within himself. If that is the case, one has to think that Jericho knew something was wrong with Benoit before things went to this.

He said in the middle quote that it wasn't always easy to be Benoit's friend and you had to take the good with the bad. Taking the good is great, but one has to wonder what the bad was. Did Jericho see Benoit take drugs and didn't say anything to protect his job?

I'm not trying to question Jericho's friendship with Benoit, as I'm sure if he knew something was up with his friend, he would have tried to help him. Of course in the end, it's all up for the person to help themselves.

Jericho probably knew that Benoit refused help because he thought he had no issue at all. And Jericho had to let it go. And Jericho probably didn't know of CTE at the time, as it is a relatively new brain disorder that little knew of at the time.

Benoit's CTE prevented him from thinking things were wrong, and when Jericho probably tried to help, Benoit declined. I'm not saying I know what Jericho did, I wasn't with either man to know. But, through analyzing this, it looks as if Jericho knows more than he lets on about Benoit.

However, still being a friend to Benoit and the rest of his family, he won't write about them. Some things he probably would want to keep quiet so that it didn't ruin him.

But, one has to feel for Jericho in some ways. The man has to live with the fact that one of his best friends took his own life while under a disorder of which little knew of.

So...what do you think of Jericho's comments? Also, will you buy his book?
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:37 am

I'll buy his book but that is kinda shocking that he already knew about it.

But I can care less about some brain disorder affecting Benoit. It obviously wasn't 100% affecting him so fuck that. He killed his wife and own child so the man was an evil coward any way you look at it.
Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 6:35 am

None of us know what went on in his head, and therefore cannot assume things we know nothing of.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 6:52 am

Umm....

He killed his wife and child what else is there to know?

Is murdering two people all of a sudden something to not frown upon?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:14 am

Benoit was obviously going through something that didn't go well with the disorder he had.

Silva, that is cruel to say that he is an evil monster.

If someone who is handicapped person accidentily got in possesion of a gun and shot another child and then himself, is he an evil coward as well?

You shouldn't say that about people if you have no idea what went on.

Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:17 am

So basically you don't care that he killed his wife and child?
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:17 am

Exactly. Under high levels of stress, he probably lost control. This isn't the typical "emo shoots students and then himself" scenario...They even said somewhere Benoit had the brain of an 80yr old...He probably didn't even know what he was doing by this point, as his brain was that fried.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:20 am

King Silva wrote:
So basically you don't care that he killed his wife and child?

I care that he did, but you can't judge the person who did it because you don't know what really went on to begin with. Unless someone can prove and say "Beniot intentionally did this and was 100% functioning when he did" then i'll say what needs to be said.

But no one can prove he was 100% or not, so you can't go around calling people "Evil Cowards" if you don't know if he himself knew what he did.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 7:27 am

That's my opinion on him and you or anyone else isn't going to change it sorry..
Back to top Go down
janine
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
janine

Female
Number of posts : 5827
Job/hobbies : Animals, Wrestling, Country Music
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Edge
MVP
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
DH Smith
Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : Lita
Melina
Beth
Nattie
Gail Kim
Serena

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Mr. Anderson
Kaz
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young
Matt Morgan
AJ Styles
Favorite TNA Knockout : Daffney
Taylor Wilde
ODB
Sarita
Hamada
They keep getting rid of the good ones. :x
Registration date : 2009-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 3:56 pm

WOW. I feel for both Men. But Im sure Chris Jericho tried to help but the person with the problem has to be the one to help themselves.

I have to agree with Kev and X on this. There are some people who can't help it and have no control over whats right or wrong. I was in that same boat years ago, maybe not as bad but I still had a lot of mental issues.

Its really sad it had to come to this. I hope nothing like this ever happens again.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/janineem82
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 4:18 pm

I've got Around The World In Spandex but I am more than a little interested in this new one. The fact that he talks about Benoit makes me want it more.

Can't afford it though. I'll have to save up when I pay my debts.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 10:44 pm

King Silva wrote:
Umm....

He killed his wife and child what else is there to know?

Is murdering two people all of a sudden something to not frown upon?

That you're one presumptuous mofo.

You know as much as I do about how truly mentally ill he was during the time of the murder/suicide.

Obviously the event isn't a good thing, but if someone may potentially have a disorder that will endanger them and others; they need to be evaluated to try to prevent any bodily harm

Neither you or I know if any of this was brought to light... and if it was... perhaps, there's a chance that he was in denial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho   Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho Empty

Back to top Go down

Knowing the Wolverine: Huge Insight on Chris Benoit from Chris Jericho
Page 1 of 1