Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologizes after using racial epithet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologizes after using racial epithet Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologizes after using racial epithet   Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologizes after using racial epithet EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 3:10 am

Longtime talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger has posted an apology to her website after a conversation with a caller on Tuesday where she said in the N-word several times. “I articulated the N-word all the way out—more than one time,” Schlessinger said in the apology, which opened her show Wednesday morning. “And that was wrong. I’ll say it again—that was wrong.” Schlessinger claimed she was trying to make a philosophical point and lost her way. She continued in her apology: “I ended up, I’m sure, with many of you losing the point I was trying to make, because you were shocked by the fact that I said the word. I, myself, realized I had made a horrible mistake, and was so upset I could not finish the show. I pulled myself off the air at the end of the hour. I had to finish the hour, because 20 minutes of dead air doesn’t work. I am very sorry. And it just won’t happen again.”

On Tuesday’s show, Schlessinger repeated the N-word several times after a caller, identified as Jade, asked if the word was offensive. “Black guys say it all the time,” Schlessinger, who never directed the word at the caller, said. When the woman objected, Schlessinger commented: “Oh, then I guess you don’t watch HBO or listen to any black comedians.”
Back to top Go down

Dr. Laura Schlessinger apologizes after using racial epithet
Page 1 of 1