Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spartacus star has cancer; quits series

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Spartacus star has cancer; quits series Empty
PostSubject: Spartacus star has cancer; quits series   Spartacus star has cancer; quits series EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 3:20 pm

Not-so-good-news today. "Spartacus : Blood and Sand" star Andy Whitfield has revealed he's battling Cancer again.

Whitfield was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in March. Production on the drama's freshman season was halted while the actor received medical care.

The actor, who hit the big time when he was cast in the Starz series, has to immediately undergo treatment for the recurrence of the disease. As a result, Whitfield won't be back for season 2 of the series.

"It's with a deep sense of disappointment that I must step aside from such an exceptional project as Spartacus and all the wonderful people involved. It seems that it is time for myself and my family to embark on another extraordinary journey. Thank you sincerely for the support so far," said Whitfield.

"Our hearts and prayers are with Andy and his family during this difficult time," said Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht. "Andy is not only an incredible actor whose portrayal of Spartacus made an indelible impression on Starz audiences, he is also an amazing human being whose courage, strength, and grace in the face of adversity have inspired all of us."

No decisions have yet been made about the future of the series. "Right now, we just want to extend our concern and support to Andy and his family," said Carmi Zlotnik, Managing Director, Starz Media. "We will address our programming plans at some later date."

The second season of "Spartacus" was due to screen in September of 2011.

Starz still plans to air the prequel to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" in January 2011. Entitled "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena," it focuses on the House of Batiatus before Spartacus arrives in Capua and stars returning cast members John Hannah, Lucy Lawless, Peter Mensah and Manu Bennett, along with newcomer Dustin Clare.

I spoke to Whitfield a couple of years ago, when he was stumping the low-budget Aussie thriller "Gabriel", and found him to be a very congenial, decent guy. At the time he was tossing up whether or not to give the U.S a try. He obviously did, and it all worked out. Guessing he'd let the almighty one take away all his success in exchange for his health.

Hope you're OK, Andy. Our best to you.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus star has cancer; quits series   Spartacus star has cancer; quits series EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 1:54 pm

This is heartbreaking, I've seen a few episodes and he's really talented. I hope he beats the cancer sad
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus star has cancer; quits series   Spartacus star has cancer; quits series EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010, 2:14 pm

FUCKING CANCER I HATE YOU!!!!!!

CANCER RUINED MY FUCKING FAMILY I HATE YOU WITH A PASSION

baseball bat
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus star has cancer; quits series   Spartacus star has cancer; quits series EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010, 2:34 am

That sucks.

So did he really have to quit or will he come back after he gets better?

I liked the show when I watched it at my dad's house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spartacus star has cancer; quits series   Spartacus star has cancer; quits series Empty

Back to top Go down

Spartacus star has cancer; quits series
Page 1 of 1