Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA? Empty
PostSubject: Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?   Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA? EmptyWed 03 Nov 2010, 10:58 pm

In an effort to protect the health of wrestlers and reduce the frequency of concussions, TNA Wrestling has banned unprotected chair shots to the head, according to Ken Anderson.

Anderson told the Between The Ropes radio show this week, "TNA has absolutely thrown down the gauntlet and said no more unprotected chair shots... And every time there is a chair involved in the ring, the agents will come up and say please make sure for me that you are not going to ... that you're going to put your hand up. Please tell me you're going to put your hand up or it's going to be a back shot or something like that."

Anderson, who is currently out of action after a chair shot from Jeff Hardy busted his head open and caused a concussion, says even when wrestlers try to protect each other, accidents happen.

"The chair shot that I received from Jeff Hardy was not intended to hit the back of my head. I heard through the grapevine that there were some people who were concerned about that. That was an accident and, you know what, in our business, accidents are going to happen."
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?   Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA? EmptyWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:21 pm

interesting..

hopefully it keeps people safe but man....blatant chairshots are awesome. i'm gonna miss them.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?   Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA? EmptyWed 03 Nov 2010, 11:44 pm

I miss the vile ruthlessness of those shots but the last thing anybody wants is another Benoit incident, that just can't be allowed to happen again.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?   Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA? EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 1:30 am

so wait, they made a mockery of it a few months ago when a wrestler died...but when a piece of shit gets a concussion NOW its a no no?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?   Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA? EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 1:59 am

Jordan H. wrote:
I miss the vile ruthlessness of those shots but the last thing anybody wants is another Benoit incident, that just can't be allowed to happen again.

yep i agree completely.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?   Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unprotected Chair Shots To The Head Banned In TNA?
Page 1 of 1