Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?

Go down 
+5
VLG.
Jordan H.
Shimmer Mark
The Sexy Vixen
Paul Wyatt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? Empty
PostSubject: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 10:11 pm

If used properly, of course, who do you see having the capability of bringing interest of a certain degree back into the industry?

What would have to be done to give that superstar(s) a chance to peak?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 10:49 pm

i can...just gimme 15 minutes with Vince and Dixie, Eric and Hogan baseball bat\

i think wrestling is completely fucked. there's no hope.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 11:01 pm

lol. I'm expecting more of that; damn cynical bastards. lol
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 11:38 pm

nothing that a litte --> baseball bat cant fix lol

but yeah at this point i think they're (hogan, eric, Dixie, Vince) all too stubborn to change the method that they think is working.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 11:42 pm

My idea is less of a who and more of a what.....strong tag team wrestling. Seeing this thread got me thinking....which lead to browsing youtube. Teams back in the day like Demolition, Legion of Doom, Hart Foundation, the Rockers, etc were exiting to watch. There were worshiped faces and DESPISED heels. All of these teams could put on exceptional matches.

Currently, I think the strongest tag team is the Motor City Machine Guns. The Guns are incredible wrestlers that put on entertaining matches. I think if we had more teams like them, it could start to revive the business.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 1:39 am

LOL Vix.

@Scott: having great wrestlers and exciting tag teams might be a good start; but aside from that, the business is missing that star that you want to tune in to see even for the nonfan or casual fan. Hogan, Flair and several others were like that way back in the day. Austin and Rock were like that on a grander scale because more media attention during their day. John Cena is failing at that today, lmfao. Exciting wrestling to go with your big stars (who may not be as good in the ring as the others - but they're great performers) is what's lacking in the business.

I don't see any potential SUPERSTAR on the horizon. Do you think there's someone out there right now who has yet to be discovered?
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 2:01 am

There's not one person that can single-handedly bring wrestling back to a respectable state. You would need another promotion at the level of WWE for means for competition and create an excitable atmosphere. On that note, I do think when HHH's in-ring career is over, he should be made head booker and let him work. His knowledge and love for the business can be extremely useful in a backstage capacity. I have no doubt he can up turn the rut around in his respective company (everyone else will follow)
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 4:33 pm

You really need another company to rise up that promotes actual wrestling. If they can make actual wrestling popular then look for WWE and TNA to follow suit. And follow suit quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 17 Nov 2010, 5:56 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Edgegore
Fox is the next big thing
Edgegore

Male
Number of posts : 1033
Job/hobbies : Working at the family business
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy "Kick em in the head" Orton
Edge
Kofi Kingston
Favorite WWE Diva : Laycool
Mickie James
Alicia Fox
Maryse

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles

Favorite TNA Knockout : Beautiful People
Mickie James

Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 8:36 am

Wrestling's kinda dead in my circle of friends and family. And by that I only had my brother, little sister (12yrs), two friends and my dad (occasional) who watched. Now none of them watch at all. My dad can't be bothered (until I just showed him that Motor City/Gen Me brawl), now he likes TNA to some degree. My younger brother could care less, he thinks WWE is too scripted and lacks wrestling. He also hates the tag division with a passion.

My two friends don't watch wrestling at all anymore.

My little sis thinks WWE is "So stupid and not funny. They don't even wrestle for more than a minute and it's the same people over and over. And I hate that midget, he creeps me out. Anyway, WWE is not cool at our school anyway, if you say you watch wrestling people will call you a loser or dumbass".

Children, so full of wonder and easily impressed. Nice way to keep the target audience Vince. LMAO.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 2:43 pm

TNA has some fuckin' pathetic acting, not as bad as ROH; but bad.

WWE focuses too much on making their shit a soap opera and comedy hour at the same time. Too much kicking & punching instead of actual wrestling.

Just recently started watching ROH (didn't have HDnet before): great wrestling, atrocious acting.

_________
LMAO I hate that turd Hornswaggle too. Your sister is my hero.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:06 pm

Marty Jannetty is the savior of all things wrestling
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:26 pm

ROH talent could help wwe out A LOT!! But it's not really the talent's fault, I blame the writers and the bookers. You've got wrestlers like J.Gabriel , Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, & Kofi that have proved that they can put on damn good matches, but they never really get the time. If they booked better matches more people would be interested.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:44 pm

Dead, you're not serious, are you?
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 5:24 pm

Kane wrote:
Marty Jannetty is the savior of all things wrestling
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 2:31 am

NexuSarita wrote:
Dead, you're not serious, are you?

as a heart attack
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 2:33 am

Grabs a bottle of aspirin.
Back to top Go down
Edgegore
Edgegore

Male
Edge
Kofi Kingston
Mickie James
Alicia Fox
Maryse

Mickie James

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 12:08 pm

How about the revolving door gets put to an end for a while? How about keeping wrestlers who actually know how to wrestle (more than 3-7 moves Vince)? How about pushing people who deserve it not who kisses ass best or works out with members of the powers that be? How about hiring women who know how to wrestle instead of training Playboy/Lingerie/Nude/Bikini models to wrestle on live television? How about keeping green talent in FCW for some years instead of month? How about writing real story lines for everyone not just people feuding with Orton/Cena/Taker? How about writing stuff that doesn't insult the intelligence of my 12 year old sister let alone the average human being? How about "substance" over "style"? How about tangible ability being pushed instead of gimmicks in hopes of selling merchandise? And last but not least..............STOP SHOVING CENA DOWN OUR THROATS!

That's just a start.

Last edited by Edgegore on Wed 29 Dec 2010, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 3:27 pm

You covered a lot of ground. lol
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 12:36 am

The ultimate answer to all of this is COMPETITION but I'm not seeing that happen for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 12:59 am

I wanna see the blood the attitude era back why should WWE focus on Kids?.Raw is on at 9pm dont they got School in the morning?.I wanna see people get all Ruff and Tuff and start swearing just say FUCK or ASS or SHIT outloud!!!.MORE weapons and will kill anyone to pick up a Chair and throw it at that frog face loser EVE!!!.Someone needs to call thoese Bella twins a couple of Ho's who was founded on the corner "You can look but you cant touch" bitch I dont want to touch you after everyone else did.!!!!
Back to top Go down
Edgegore
Edgegore

Male
Edge
Kofi Kingston
Mickie James
Alicia Fox
Maryse

Mickie James

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 3:41 am

DrizzyDrakeFan wrote:
I wanna see the blood the attitude era back why should WWE focus on Kids?.Raw is on at 9pm dont they got School in the morning?.I wanna see people get all Ruff and Tuff and start swearing just say FUCK or ASS or SHIT outloud!!!.MORE weapons and will kill anyone to pick up a Chair and throw it at that frog face loser EVE!!!.Someone needs to call thoese Bella twins a couple of Ho's who was founded on the corner "You can look but you cant touch" bitch I dont want to touch you after everyone else did.!!!!
[b]

hilarious I usually call eve st'EVE and as for the Bella's implied lesbian incest is not a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?   Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone who can restore wrestling back to a respectable state?
Page 1 of 1