Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

divas match of the year for the last 10 years?

Go down 
+3
Paul Wyatt
KTV-Time
bobby_says_hi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

divas match of the year for the last 10 years? Empty
PostSubject: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 1:42 pm

2000 - Lita vs Ivory at Survivor Series

2001 - Chyna vs Lita at Judgment Day

2002 - Trish Stratus vs Molly Holly at Unforgiven

2003 - Victoria vs Trish vs Jazz at WrestleMania XIX

2004 - Trish vs Lita on Raw

2005 - Victoria vs Trish vs Molly on Raw

2006 - Mickie James vs Trish Stratus at WrestleMania 22

2007 - Melina vs Candice Michelle at Great American Bash

2008 - Beth Phoenix vs Melina at One Night Stand

2009 - Melina vs Michelle McCool at Night of Champions

2010 - Eve vs Alicia Fox at Money in the Bank
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 1:45 pm

These are your oppinions right?

Melina vs Candice was pure shit if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 3:49 pm

at Vengeance and One Night Stand maybe but i enjoyed their GAB match. it remains Candice's best match. i thought Mickie/Melina at Backlash was good as well but it just wasn't spectacular enough to be the best match of 2007. that year was pretty meh if you ask me. 2003, 2002 and 2008 were the best years
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 4:27 pm

ricky_says_hi wrote:
at Vengeance and One Night Stand maybe but i enjoyed their GAB match. it remains Candice's best match. i thought Mickie/Melina at Backlash was good as well but it just wasn't spectacular enough to be the best match of 2007. that year was pretty meh if you ask me. 2003, 2002 and 2008 were the best years

Sorry Melina vs. Mickie at backslash was the best match of 2007 and is the Best match till the day of today. I may shit on Melina a whole lot, but that match was pretty damn awesome, the second best match that year was Mickie James vs. Beth Phoenix at Armageddon it was technically the strongest match, even more technically strong then Mickie vs. Trish at Mania.......BUT it lacked Hype, it was stuck on the worst part of the card and got 1 week build up.

Third was Victoria vs. Mickie James at New Year resolution while close fourth was Melina vs. Mickie James Fall Count Anywhere match, THAT was anoher good one.

All the Candice matches were shit......because Candice was a shit wrestler.....I just naed 4 matches that were better.....I don't see how you called that shit of a match match of the year while we had all those other good ones
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 4:43 pm

Candice vs Melina and Eve vs Alicia? Really?
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySat 27 Nov 2010, 11:32 pm

ricky_says_hi wrote:
2000 - Lita vs Ivory at Survivor Series
[Okay choice but I liked Lita v Stephanie and maybe Lita v Jacqueline in a hardcore match].

2001 - Chyna vs Lita at Judgment Day
[Good choice if you ask me.]

2002 - Trish Stratus vs Molly Holly at Unforgiven
[Great choice; I love that match but I also really like Trish v Victoria and WM 18 triple threat.]

2003 - Victoria vs Trish vs Jazz at WrestleMania XIX
[Really hard year to choose since I liked so many! Chicago Street Fight, some great Trish v Jazz matches, Lita v Molly at SvS etc but I would choose that match. One of the best diva matches imo.]

2004 - Trish vs Lita on Raw
[Just watched this. My favorite diva match ever so of course I agree. There were a lot of other good matches imo. I really really liked Victoria v Molly v Lita v Jazz, the Fatal 4 Way at Bad Blood, and the triple threat in Nov where Trish beat Molly and Lita.]

2005 - Victoria vs Trish vs Molly on Raw
[This is a good choice. The best three girls at that time duking it out. Just like the Lita v Molly v Trish match but instead of Molly getting ddt'd she got widow's peak for the Trish sneaky win. I can only really think of Melina v Trish at SvS to rival it.. Bad year for the women.]

2006 - Mickie James vs Trish Stratus at WrestleMania 22
[Easy choice but there were a couple of other great matches if you ask me. I have a tough time choosing between this match and Trish's retirement match but Mickie did mess the ending up so it kinda killed it's overall greatness to me. Trish's retirement match was pretty much perfect imo so in the end I go with that but WM 22 is a very close 2nd. I liked Mickie v Lita at SvS and a couple of the other matches like NYR but nothing else really sticks out..]

2007 - Melina vs Candice Michelle at Great American Bash
[I like that match as well. I thought it was great. But Mickie v Melina at Backlash was better imo. Candice v Beth has a couple good matches as did Mickie and Melina/Victoria. I really don't see the love for Beth v Mickie at Armageddon.. I thought it was pretty boring and I totally liked their 2008 Raw matches more.]

2008 - Beth Phoenix vs Melina at One Night Stand
[I agree. Great match but I also liked Mickie v Beth where Mickie won. The SvS elimination match was cool as was some McCool vs Maryse matches.]

2009 - Melina vs Michelle McCool at Night of Champions
[I agree. McCool v Mickie at TLC is also a good match as were most of McCool v Melina/Gail matches. Melina v Beth was decent at RR too.]

2010 - Eve vs Alicia Fox at Money in the Bank
[This year is not that great at all for WWE diva matches. They have had at least one diva match on all the PPVs though which is a first if I recall! Still nothing is outstanding. McCool v Melina at NOC, Layla v Natalya at Bragging Rights, the F4W match, and many Gail Kim Superstar matches against Jillian/Alicia/Katie Lea were all standouts.]
Back to top Go down
WorldsMostDangerousMAAAN
Recent Roster Addition
WorldsMostDangerousMAAAN

Male
Number of posts : 15
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Chris Jericho, The Rock, John Cena
Favorite TNA Wrestler : I hear Hogan is here now
Registration date : 2010-08-06

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 2:23 am

2002 for sure.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 9:43 am

Just wondering how people forgot Lita vs Chyna, Lita vs Trish (Unforgiven), Bad Blood Fatal Four way, Jazz vs Trish vs Lita (WM)...Some of the best and most hyped matches of all time (minus the bad blood one). Also the Gail/Victoria and Molly/Victoria encounters. I felt Molly and Victoria had probably the best chemistry of any divas.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 9:53 am

"Property of Tank" wrote:
Just wondering how people forgot Lita vs Chyna, Lita vs Trish (Unforgiven), Bad Blood Fatal Four way, Jazz vs Trish vs Lita (WM)...Some of the best and most hyped matches of all time (minus the bad blood one). Also the Gail/Victoria and Molly/Victoria encounters. I felt Molly and Victoria had probably the best chemistry of any divas.

We all trying to get over the fact the shit of a match Candice vs, Melina was posted hilarious
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 11:42 am

wow i love how so many of you respect other people's opinions Wink

i liked Mickie/Melina but to call that the best match in a while is stretching things. the falls count anywhere was a fun match but not exactly MOTY worthy. i just don't think Mickie and Melina work as well together as they do with other people like Beth and Michelle. both The Bash and Night of Champions 2009 knock Backlash 2007 out of the water as far as i'm concerned. and as far as calling Candice a shit wrestler, i don't think she was that bad. Sable was shit, Stacy was shit, Terri was shit, Ashley was shit but i enjoyed Candice's run as Women's champion

i chose Eve and Alicia because that match was brilliant. i can't believe people still class Alicia as a "model" when she is definitely a wrestler. she was the best champion we got this year and this was the best we've ever seen from Eve. i was considering Gail/Jillian from Superstars but Eve and Alicia was just much better storytelling than that
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 12:11 pm

ricky_says_hi wrote:

Respect it, might think you are seeing things or probably drunk.....but didn't say i didn't respect it.

ricky_says_hi wrote:
i liked Mickie/Melina but to call that the best match in a while is stretching things.

If i could see ANY match today in the WWE That was AS complexed as this match, Of HIGH quality and not dumbed down, With excitement and with added entertainment all together today in the WWE? I would be happy, this match is the ONLY match since then to factor in all those aspects into one match. Complexity, Quality, Excitement and Entertainment. Those for apsects, no match since that one in the WWE has had those 4 factors in it.

ricky_says_hi wrote:
the falls count anywhere was a fun match but not exactly MOTY worthy.

No it wasn’t but it was FAR better then any Candice match I’ve seen her entire, what you can call “wrestling” career.

ricky_says_hi wrote:
i just don't think Mickie and Melina work as well together as they do with other people like Beth and Michelle

I actually agree with this statement…those two matches are the only two matches they have some shitty matches together though.

ricky_says_hi wrote:
Sable was shit, Stacy was shit, Terri was shit, Ashley was shit but i enjoyed Candice's run as Women's champion
Sable? Duh, she was bad, thankfull she brought attention to the women’s division….BUT she has had at least 2 matches better then Candice, I can assure you that…and she had what Candice NEVER had.,….the crowd support.
Stacy & Terri?? Are you really going to compare Candice to two valets who aren’t actual wrestlers? Its like saying you’re the smarter then the dumbest kid in class…..doesn’t exactly mean you are smart now does it?
Ashley is probably the worse “wrestler” to ever step foot in the ring, you could have a better chance wrestling a broom. And last I checked….Ashley was never women’s champion now was she?

And for the record…if Stacy EVER decided to be a wrestler, she would have outshined Candice, Stacy was a gem….but had no desire or passion to be a wrestler, she knew what she wanted and knew her limits….something girls today should take not of.

ricky_says_hi wrote:
i can't believe people still class Alicia as a "model" when she is definitely a wrestler. she was the best champion we got this year and this was the best we've ever seen from Eve. i was considering Gail/Jillian from Superstars but Eve and Alicia was just much better storytelling than that

I don’t class Alicia as a “model”, she never did the indy scene, but she spent a respectable amount of time in OVW and in her work you see it. I class her like I class AJ, a rookie still learning. But you can’t believe that about Alicia, like I can’t believe all the hype on Naomi….so we’ll just leave it at that.

Candice was a nobody who had no right being called women’s champion and was the biggest disgrace since Harvey to hold the championship.

She wasn’t over, she can’t wrestle for shit and she was ugly like fuck……..so what reason they had to make the joke on putting the title on her is beyond me. She probably toke the Melina route and blowed every agent backstage to get the gold, while burying Melina, I see who won the Blow Job challenge.
Back to top Go down
тrαv
#1 Nattie Fan
#1 Nattie Fan

Male
Number of posts : 1133
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 12:15 pm

ricky_says_hi wrote:

i liked Mickie/Melina but to call that the best match in a while is stretching things. the falls count anywhere was a fun match but not exactly MOTY worthy. i just don't think Mickie and Melina work as well together as they do with other people like Beth and Michelle. both The Bash and Night of Champions 2009 knock Backlash 2007 out of the water as far as i'm concerned. and as far as calling Candice a shit wrestler, i don't think she was that bad. Sable was shit, Stacy was shit, Terri was shit, Ashley was shit but i enjoyed Candice's run as Women's champion

i chose Eve and Alicia because that match was brilliant. i can't believe people still class Alicia as a "model" when she is definitely a wrestler. she was the best champion we got this year and this was the best we've ever seen from Eve. i was considering Gail/Jillian from Superstars but Eve and Alicia was just much better storytelling than that

People around here don't respect opinions of anyone. It's all about seeing who can start the argument first.

Anyway;

I liked most of your choices. I don't like the Eve vs Alicia. I just can't get into Alicia's wrestling, just something about her I can't stand. Not sure what I would pick for match of the year for 2010. I loved Nattie vs LayCool from Survivor Series, but that's just cause Nattie won and became Champion. :P It's hard to have Nattie with the best match of the year when Michelle was normally on the other side of the ring Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 7:34 pm

^ Travis I totally agree with you.

"Property of Tank" wrote:

I had about all of those matches in my response.

I should have added all of the Victoria v Molly/Gail/Jazz matches from 03-04 though.

That made Sunday Night Heat the show to watch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: divas match of the year for the last 10 years?   divas match of the year for the last 10 years? Empty

Back to top Go down

divas match of the year for the last 10 years?
Page 1 of 1