Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split

Go down 
+5
Jordan H.
The Sexy Vixen
Did You Miss Her?
Paul Wyatt
Angelus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  Empty
PostSubject: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 1:32 am

The deal between Ring of Honor and HDNet will end after the January ROH tapings in Philadelphia, PA at the ECW Arena. Those tapings will include episodes through April of 2011.

Sources with ROH described the reasoning for the parting of ways as the contract coming to and end. ROH commented, "Ring of Honor Wrestling would like to thank HDNet for the last two years, especially those behind the scenes that made it possible every single TV taping."

People had high expectations for the series, but it wasn't doing great numbers. It should be mentioned that ROH and HDNET have not ended their relationship completely. They are discussing a possible ROH special for 2011 and potential future collaborations beyond that.

The sources with ROH have made it known that they can look for a new TV deal and are already eyeing one currently. By all accounts, the split was a friendly one. After those final tapings on 1/21 and 1/22 in Philadelphia, they will take a break from running events in Philadelphia.

ROH issued the following statement in response to the story posted by PWInsider:

Ring of Honor completed its 2 year TV contract with HDNet. During this time "ROH on HDNet" fans witnessed many great matches, the introduction of the ROH Television Title, and the crowning of new tag champions, among other historical moments. HDNet will air new episodes of ROH until 4/4/11. Please continue to support ROH and watch these new shows on HDNet.

The final ROH on HDNet TV tapings are scheduled for January 21st & 22nd in Philadelphia.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 1:42 am

That sucks. Wonder where they'll land.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 1:48 am

It didn't get that many rating because NO ONE has the damn channel. I thought finding Waldo's ass hard. He ain't got shit on HD Net.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 1:54 am

hilarious IKR.

I haven't been able to watch until last month.

Other than Fios, are there any other cable providers that have it? Time Warner doesn't, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 2:17 am

as long as their youtube channel has all the shows I'm golden lol
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 3:48 am

ROH...get a channel people HAVE
Back to top Go down
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 5:57 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have HDNet, it's channel 306 on DirecTV.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 2:51 pm

-- In regards to ROH finishing up with HDNet, there are some in the company that are happy about the move. Many feel that this will allow the company to find a better outlet with more penetration. On the flip side, some are very worried, remembering what happened at the end of ECW and WCW with talents under contract and no TV outlet.

-- There is no plan to drop the idea of signing talents to contracts since the idea is to find a new outlet. ROH is already in discussions with at least one possible new outlet. There was interest from MAVTV in the past, which most feel would be a lateral movement. They have also had discussions with Versus in the past.

-- HDNet covered the production costs and subsidized the tapings (one figure mentioned was $10,000 per double shot), but the loss of the series won't hurt the company's bottom line. It will change the number of shows ran over the next few months, which will mean less revenue for the talent. Some talent may see their dates cut in half.

-- It is thought that HDNet were covering the salaries of Dave Lagana and Mike Hogwood, and if that was the case, they would likely be gone from the company after their HDNet responsibilities are completed. Lagana may still work with the company, as ROH has brought him in to direct their online PPVs in the past.

-- ROH will continue to run in Philadelphia, but they also know that they need to rehabilitate the market. Comp tickets had become easy to come by because they needed people for the tapings, and the goal was not to make money at those shows, but to make the TV product look good.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 3:06 pm

WTF is MavTV?
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 4:00 pm

they should get on Fox. Fox will air ANYTHING these days lol
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 5:17 pm

darK winG ncDuck wrote:
WTF is MavTV?

its like a sports channel for rednecks. has fishing and shit on it etc. the best move would be to VS
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 6:47 pm

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 7:04 pm

ROH seems to be cursed or something, never quite able to jump off into bigger things.

Last edited by "ThE wOlfpAc" Jordan H. on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 7:09 pm

Sadly i have satellite and still never had HDNet lol.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Main Eventer
Vince

Male
Number of posts : 503
Job/hobbies : Acting
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
Tyler Reks
Ryback
Kane
Zack Ryder
Xavier Woods
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Natalya
Layla
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Zema Ion
Samoa Joe
Douglas Williams
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyWed 12 Jan 2011, 10:11 pm

Pick up on the CW. I'd watch it on anything.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 2:41 am

the CW had wrestling, and was its biggest ratings getter....you see the shit they have now
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 4:04 am

The only show I know that comes on CW is the Vampire Diaries. I'll be damned if I ever watch it though.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 8:12 am

Lauren wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have HDNet, it's channel 306 on DirecTV.

Yep.

I sometimes watched it before Raw at my aunt's house but most of the times I was only saw the last 10-30 minutes.

Sucks that they have to find someone else but I wish them luck.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 6:28 pm

darK winG ncDuck wrote:
The only show I know that comes on CW is the Vampire Diaries. I'll be damned if I ever watch it though.

*cough* Smallville *cough* shifty
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 10:14 pm

I didn't mention that bc I didn't know it was still on. Yeah... CW isn't one of my most watched networks.

@Silva; maybe the move will do them well. But they've got to find a more available network where they'll have a shot at gaining better ratings.
Back to top Go down
Vince
Main Eventer
Vince

Male
Number of posts : 503
Job/hobbies : Acting
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
Tyler Reks
Ryback
Kane
Zack Ryder
Xavier Woods
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Natalya
Layla
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Zema Ion
Samoa Joe
Douglas Williams
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 12:43 am

I watch One Tree Hill on the CW. lol

Oh yeah, the Hardy Losers. Love ya TNA. O.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split    Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split  Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: ROH & HDNet Split
Page 1 of 1