Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(

Go down 
+2
StratusScherzinger
King Silva
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( Empty
PostSubject: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 6:30 am

Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( Boy_flood_solo

HERO! Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( 527462

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20110113/ts_yblog_upshot/boy-saved-brothers-life-in-australian-flood

^ LINK has video talking about it as well with some footage of the flood waters. ^

Jordan Rice, a 13-year-old Australian boy, has emerged as a tragic-heroic figure in news accounts of the disastrous Australian floods, after he asked a rescuer to save his little brother, Blake, before himself. Jordan Rice and his mother, Donna, were swept away by floodwaters and drowned before rescuer Warren McErlean could return for them.

Jordan's father, John Tyson, told the Toowoomba Chronicle Jordan could not swim and was terrified of water. "I can only imagine what was going on inside to give up his life to
save his brother, even though he was petrified of water," he said. "He is our little hero."

Tyson told the paper his longtime partner, Donna Rice, was driving with two of her young sons in tire-level water when her engine stopped. She called for help and the three of them got on the roof of the car as the floodwaters rose quickly. Bystanders were not offering help until McErlean tied a rope around himself and went after them.

A wave of water was coming fast when McErlean reached them with the rope. "Save my brother first," Jordan said, according to McErlean.

Jordan and his mother were swept away, and only 10-year-old Blake survived.
At least 19 people have died in the Queensland floods, according to Reuters.

You can watch McErlean talk about the rescue effort in the video below:

CLICK LINK at top.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So would you die for anyone?
Back to top Go down
StratusScherzinger
Killer Love
StratusScherzinger

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Latin & Ballroom Dancing
Favorite WWE Diva : Trish,Torrie,Maryse,Laycool
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail,Angelina,Sarita,Kong,Madison
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 9:24 am

That's so sad, it actually made me tear up. Teary Eyed
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 11:04 am

Those flouds have really been tragic, just seeing how deep they were on the news is scary. And yeah, I'd do the same if I had a little sibling. Although the thought may scare you now, when your put in that situation it all changes.
Back to top Go down
VLG.
The Voice
The Voice
VLG.

Male
Number of posts : 3474
Job/hobbies : Musician/Radio Presenter/Charity Worker
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Cesaro
Roman Reigns
Adam Rose
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Paige
Brie Bella
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Hardy
Bully Ray

Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 1:47 pm

So tragic, yet so heroic.

I don't know what I'd say, whether I'd put someone else's life before my own. I would like to say I would, but until I'm put into that situation (which I hope I never will be), I cannot say for certain.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm

^ I know

But I would most likely do it for a close family member, spouse or child.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 8:02 pm

Aww, I heard about this. There was a post going around on Tumblr. :/

The only person I'd sacrifice myself for would be my child / children. I don't have any (obviously), but I know I would.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( EmptyTue 18 Jan 2011, 6:33 am

The kid had balls. Sorry that someone of such noble spirit had to leave the world, it could use more people like him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(   Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'( Empty

Back to top Go down

Would You Die For Anyone? Tragic Story of Aussie Boy Who Sacrificed His Life For Brother! :'(
Page 1 of 1