Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reasons for Eve's title win

Go down 
+13
Venom
Shimmer Mark
Jordan H.
REIGNBOW
Queen Mintz
Angelus
StratusScherzinger
King Silva
The Sexy Vixen
Chloe
matt_2k10
Quisee
X
17 posters
AuthorMessage
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Reasons for Eve's title win Empty
PostSubject: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:15 am

Quote :
Eve's Divas Championship victory is considered a huge shock to not only those around the internet, but also to the superstars backstage. When WWE came up with the idea of ditching the handicap match and changing it to a Fatal Four Way bout, Awesome Kong was strongly lined up to be that extra opponent.

WWE made the decision to swap Awesome Kong for Eve short notice at the Rumble, as they felt that it was too soon to bring Kong in, especially competing in a championship match. They also felt this would give her time to work off some of her ring rust, at the same time feeling confident that it was a safer bet to throw Eve in the match wrestling-wise, as she is considered one of the top stars within the division and felt that Kong wouldn't be at that point yet.
Back to top Go down
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:42 am

I kinda see where WWE is coming from but adding Kong as the 4 Diva would have been interesting but I'm glad Eve won.
Back to top Go down
matt_2k10
New Talent
New Talent
matt_2k10

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:12 pm

I actually thought when she won that they might have done this so that they could bring Kong in and have another 'Monster vs Model' feud like Nakano/Blayze, Luna/Sable, Trish/Jazz, Candace/Beth...although Blayze wasn't really a 'model' like the others, you get what I mean.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing Eve vs Awesome Kong. She's certainly more capable than Sable and Candace (and possible Trish early 2002), she just needs a bit more character.
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:28 pm

Interesting that they see Eve as one of the top stars of the division , as I wouldn't say she's been used that way recently. Kong would have been awesome but I suppose at least it was something unexpected. Just wondering who's Eves next rival is going to be. Bellas are busy with Gail, can't see them turning Nattie heel and they're obviously not too high on Melina, so I guess that leaves Alicia or Maryse.
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:09 pm

Eve...a top star?

rofl
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:28 pm

Doesn't make sense but okay..

When the fuck will they debut Kong then?
Back to top Go down
StratusScherzinger
Killer Love
StratusScherzinger

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Latin & Ballroom Dancing
Favorite WWE Diva : Trish,Torrie,Maryse,Laycool
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail,Angelina,Sarita,Kong,Madison
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:32 pm

Faith wrote:
Eve's Divas Championship victory is considered a huge shock to not only those around the internet, but also to the superstars backstage. When WWE came up with the idea of ditching the handicap match and changing it to a Fatal Four Way bout, Awesome Kong was strongly lined up to be that extra opponent.

WWE made the decision to swap Awesome Kong for Eve short notice at the Rumble, as they felt that it was too soon to bring Kong in, especially competing in a championship match. They also felt this would give her time to work off some of her ring rust, at the same time feeling confident that it was a safer bet to throw Eve in the match wrestling-wise, as she is considered one of the top stars within the division and felt that Kong wouldn't be at that point yet.

Reasons for Eve's title win 773246 Reasons for Eve's title win 773246 Reasons for Eve's title win 773246 That is the funniest thing I've read for a very long time Reasons for Eve's title win 773246
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:52 pm

StratusScherzinger wrote:
Faith wrote:

Reasons for Eve's title win 773246 Reasons for Eve's title win 773246 Reasons for Eve's title win 773246 That is the funniest thing I've read for a very long time Reasons for Eve's title win 773246

I would actually say there is alot of truth to it. The Fans got a connection to Eve but if Kong were thrown in the match for her 1st match alot of wwe fans won't know who she is cause they don't watch TNA. I mean if the crowd ain't intrested in the character her career will be over quick in wwe. Everything with the wwe got to have connection with the fans over wrestling talent or anything. You look at everyone who on the roster and been champions they ain't the best wrestlers but when they come out they get heat and can upset or make a crowd cheer when they get on the mic.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:56 pm

Still if they had made Kong win at RR I think it would have came off well.

I mean she'd have beaten the current top face and the current top heels and she's most likely have looked dominate in doing so.

She pretty scary looking at times and it would be a mystery [for some] of who she is.

Plus the diva's title needs to join the club of belts won on people's debuts.

Almost all the best are in it so add the Diva's!
Back to top Go down
The Sexy Vixen
Billion Dolla Princess
Billion Dolla Princess
The Sexy Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 28940
Job/hobbies : Daycare. I adore children.
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Triple H, Orton, MVP, John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder
Favorite WWE Diva : Stephanie McMahon, Maryse, Mickie James, Layla, Natalya, Beth, Michelle McCool, Katie Lea, Kelly Kelly, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes (Victoria and Lita are my all-time faves)
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Jeff Jarrett, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG, James Storm, AJ Styles, Amazing Red, Kiyoshi, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash
Favorite TNA Knockout : ODB, Christy Hemme, Jacqueline, Tara, Hamada, Daffney, Lacey Von Erich,
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 3:00 pm

Angelus wrote:
StratusScherzinger wrote:
Faith wrote:

I would actually say there is alot of truth to it. The Fans got a connection to Eve but if Kong were thrown in the match for her 1st match alot of wwe fans won't know who she is cause they don't watch TNA. I mean if the crowd ain't intrested in the character her career will be over quick in wwe. Everything with the wwe got to have connection with the fans over wrestling talent or anything. You look at everyone who on the roster and been champions they ain't the best wrestlers but when they come out they get heat and can upset or make a crowd cheer when they get on the mic.

i think that article is implying Eve is a better wrestler than Kong which is LMFAO funny.

WWE creative is on crack.

and it doesnt matter when Kong debuts, half the audience wont know who she is. how exactly is postponing her debut going to make people know who she is? backwards WWE logic, as usual.
Back to top Go down
http://relaxedwrestlingchat.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
StratusScherzinger
Killer Love
StratusScherzinger

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Latin & Ballroom Dancing
Favorite WWE Diva : Trish,Torrie,Maryse,Laycool
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail,Angelina,Sarita,Kong,Madison

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 3:05 pm

Yeah, I get where you're coming from, Eve is already more established than Kong which is true.

However,Kong is different. Only her appearance alone is enough to set her apart from any other diva. Plus her wrestling skills, I can just imagine her powerbombing Layla three times in a row right now. She will definitely get reaction no matter when she debuts. And the thing that really made me laugh comes from the line that says 'safer bet to throw Eve in the match wrestling-wise,' it seems like they are saying Eve is a better wrestler than Kong.

Plus,throwing Eve in there was just too random, out of the blue she gets a title shot? It does not make sense whatsoever. At least if Kong was the one in there, it would be somebody new.

Btw im replying to Angelus. lol, am pretty sure he had another name before but I can't remember it..
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 5:25 pm

Lmao, are they serious right now? Do they really think people would've rather seen Eve win the belt over Kong? Eve didn't even get a reaction last night, no one gave a shit about her and she's not close to being a top star. I hope she's fed to Kong soon because I can't take another boring reign.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
REIGNBOW
World Champion
World Champion
REIGNBOW

Female
Number of posts : 1692
Job/hobbies : Being the person you all love :)
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
dolph ziggler
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Favorite WWE Diva : paige
Layla El
Rosa Mendes
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke Tessmacher
Rosita

Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 5:33 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Eve...a top star?

Reasons for Eve's title win 97925
Nuff said
and come on they coulda added,
maryse
melina
alicia
kelly kelly
how does eve get two title reigns and kelly kelly doesnt even get one?
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 6:49 pm

That's too funny, really.
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 9:25 pm

I completely understand not bringing Kong in for a title shot at RR. As much as I would have loved it, it wouldn't be fair to the women that have been on the roster. Give her some time to establish herself. She doesn't need an immediate run with the belt in WWE. She can make her mark without the belt for a while.

What I don't understand is why Eve???? I do not understand why she is top of the division. I haven't honestly been following the divisions as much as I should, but I don't remember seeing much of her at all lately. It would have made MUCH more sense to put Melina in the match. Granted I wouldn't have Melina to win, but she would have been a MILLION times better choice than in the match, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Venom
Venom

Female
Number of posts : 13288
Job/hobbies : Skelevangelist
Favorite WWE Wrestler : CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Tommy Dreamer
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:45 pm

We don't even know if this is true.

But whatever, I'd rather see Kong as champ than Eve. -.-
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:48 pm

I heard they were selling shirts at the stands with all 4 of the divas in the match on them.
Back to top Go down
bobby_says_hi
World Champion
World Champion

Male
Number of posts : 1480
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Evan Bourne, The Miz, Kaval
Favorite WWE Diva : Gail Kim, Eve Torres, LayCool
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, British Invasion, Ink Inc, Austin Aries, Motor City Machine Guns
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love, Sarita
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 12:22 am

Eve pinned the number 1 contender cleanly in a match which is why she got a title shot. it wasn't enough to earn her a singles match but she was put in the Fatal 4 Way instead. i was expecting Beth to be honest but i'm happy Eve won. she's a good worker and i'd like to see her feud with Michelle, Layla or Alicia for a bit and then for Awesome Kong to enter and just tear up the division. no offence to Gail but winning a title in your first match isn't on. Eve is pretty tough and she's stronger than she looks.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 3:14 am

Dude, that's not why Eve got in the match, lol. She's completely filler so she can be fed to Kong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyTue 01 Feb 2011, 3:23 am

Angelus wrote:
I heard they were selling shirts at the stands with all 4 of the divas in the match on them.

Yep.

A DD person who was at the show said he saw it!

So I guess if you bought that before the PPV you knew the surprise diva...

Stupd on wwe's part but okay.

I want to see the picture though.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 4:16 pm

Reignbow wrote:

[img] how does eve get two title reigns and kelly kelly doesnt even get one?
Do you REALLY want an answer to that?
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 4:27 pm

The Sexy Vixen wrote:
Eve...a top star?

rofl

My exact sentiments.
Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 4:33 pm

One of the top divas <3
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 9:01 am

It's a shame i can't see this match and see Eve in her moment to shine again. Sucks, but oh well. I need to keep my LayCooless life in tact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasons for Eve's title win   Reasons for Eve's title win Empty

Back to top Go down

Reasons for Eve's title win
Page 1 of 1