Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!

Go down 
+2
Sticky!!
King Silva
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! Empty
PostSubject: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 7:20 pm

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/02/04/captain-america-teaser-poster/

Spoiler:
The first poster for the Captain America movie just hit Slashfilm, and it’s a striking image — definitely what you’d expect from an action movie/spinoff/prequel-to-a-movie-that-hasn’t-been-made-yet. Chris Evans has a sober expression on his face; the colors of his iconic costume are muted and bleak; and the whole poster is covered with war-movie grime, as if a land-mine just went off behind Cap. And Cap’s bright-red shield looks like it has taken a couple hundred machine-gun blasts.

If nothing else, it’s miles away from the shiny fantasy gloss of the upcoming Thor movie. (Like the other images we’ve seen from the movie, the poster reminds me a lot of Steve Epting’s Captain America artwork, especially from the “Winter Soldier” story arc.) I was never a
huge Cap fan growing up, but this poster definitely stokes my curiosity about the movie.

The most interesting part of the poster, though, is that tagline: “Avenge.” The cynic in me feels like it’s just a particularly savvy piece of big-picture branding for the 2012 mega-spinoff Avengers movie. (Don’t forget: The subtitle for Captain America is The First Avenger.) But there is something undeniably appealing about the stark verb form of the word. It slyly refocuses the whole “Avengers” concept in a subtle historical context — is Cap “avenging” Pearl Harbor? — and, in the process, makes Cap seem like that much more of a dynamic figure.

Then again, maybe it is just really good branding. PopWatchers, what do you think about the Captain America poster? Who’s going to be a more popular Halloween costume this year: Captain America, Thor, or Young Magneto?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 8:21 pm

I picture Cap a little older but it looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 2:34 am

i like it, it looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 2:50 am

I am really looking forward to this movie.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male
Number of posts : 4884
Job/hobbies : CHEYEAH!
Favorite WWE Wrestler : John Cena
Favorite WWE Diva : Kaitlyn
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Bobby Roode and/or James Storm
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 3:45 am

Just because Marvel was pathetically lazy enough to have the gotdamn Human Torch play Captain America, I'm not fucking with this movie.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 4:29 am

I think it looks good and am excited for the movie.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 4:32 am

Fan-fuckin'-tastic. I'm still not bullshitting with it lol
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 4:48 pm

I hope they got him going against the Red Skull in this.
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky!!

Male
Rey
Maria
Tara

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 8:32 pm

Venom wrote:
Just because Marvel was pathetically lazy enough to have the gotdamn Human Torch play Captain America, I'm not fucking with this movie.

Oh crap! I didn't even notice! At least he's not from The 70's Show.
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 9:55 pm

ϟticky aka Oz-Fest wrote:
Venom wrote:

Oh crap! I didn't even notice! At least he's not from The 70's Show.

Oh man....Topher Grace playing Venom... Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! 75790
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky!!

Male
Rey
Maria
Tara

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 10:23 pm

Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! 3684449444_994a9a6bd7Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EddieBrockVenom
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 10:50 pm

Sad stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 11:21 pm

All this talk about those shitty Fantastic Four movies and Topher Fuckin' Grace as Eddie Brock is making me sad. sad
Back to top Go down
Jordan H.
The Nexus
The Nexus
Jordan H.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! EmptySat 05 Feb 2011, 11:54 pm

Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! 683209
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!   Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line! Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain America Poster Revealed: Dark Mud, Shiny Shield, and an Intriguing Tag Line!
Page 1 of 1