Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards Empty
PostSubject: Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards   Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 2:26 am

Click this link to see the pictures from the event:

http://www.popeater.com/2011/04/04/2011-acm-awards-winners/

Miranda Lambert is once again the belle of the ball. The Texas songbird led the 46th Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards winners with three trophies: Top Female Vocalist, Single of the Year and Video of the Year for her huge hit, 'The House That Built Me.' The songwriters behind the tune, Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin, also won for Song of the Year.

"I feel so blessed and so humbled," said Miranda, fighting back tears upon accepting her Voc

Taylor Swift is the new ACM Entertainer of the Year, taking home the night's top honors with a tearful tribute to those who voted for her. "This is the first time I've ever won this, and I'm losing my mind!" she said upon accepting her trophy. "The fact that this was from the fans is so beautiful. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

For the first time in ACM history, live performances came from two different stages: the MGM Grand arena and Mandalay Bay, where Sugarland hosted the first-ever ACM Fan Jam. It was a night of a lot of brand-new music, kicking off with Brad Paisley singing his latest, 'Old Alabama,' accompanied by the legendary Alabama. Toby Keith followed suit with his brand-new single, 'Somewhere Else.'

Carrie Underwood was next rocking something else new -- pink streaks in her long blond hair -- to sing 'Undo It,' with the audience going crazy as Aerosmith frontman and 'American Idol' judge Steven Tyler appeared during the second verse to join the 'Idol' winner on her hit, followed by the two singing Aerosmith's classic 'Walk This Way.'

Sugarland's spine-tingling performance of 'Tonight' kicked off the simultaneous broadcast at the Mandalay Bay, followed by Dierks Bentley singing his brand-new 'Am I the Only One' while doing a simultaneous workout, running up the stadium stairs to high-five fans in the nose-bleeds.

Keith Urban brought it back to the ACM stage with his romantic 'Without You,' followed by a trip back to Mandalay Bay to Top New Solo Vocalist winner Eric Church for the rockin' 'Smoke a Little Smoke.'

The night's first award didn't come until 53 minutes into the show when Song of the Year honors went to 'The House That Built Me.' Taylor Swift followed, playing banjo for the live debut of her song, 'Mean.' Then it was back to Mandalay Bay for Top New Vocal Duo or Group winners the Band Perry singing the poignant song that launched them to country stardom, 'If I Die Young.' They added Top New Artist winners to their resume directly after the performance, winning the first fan-voted award of the night.

Single Record of the Year honors were next, going -- no surprise -- to frontrunner Miranda Lambert for 'The House That Built Me.' Her fiance Blake Shelton followed with his new song, 'Honey Bee.'

Lady Antebellum, who swept the Grammy Awards with their hit 'Need You Now,' take home ACM Album of the Year honors for the CD of the same name. "Thank you, Miranda Lambert, for winning this last year and not being in the category this year!" Lady A's Charles Kelley joked upon accepting the trophy.

Sara Evans' triumphant return to the ACM stage with her new single, 'A Little Bit Stronger,' was met with a standing ovation, as were Top Vocal Group winners Lady A, who took the stage for their second win of the night to thank friends, family, colleagues and all the artists who had them as opening acts on the road.

Miranda was next with 'Heart Like Mine,' followed by Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles and Rihanna's powerhouse vocals combining on the R&B/pop star's 'California King Bed.'

Ronnie Dunn made his awards show debut as a solo act with his new single, 'Bleed Red.' Then it was back to the Mandalay Bay for Sugarland to accept Vocal Duo of the Year honors for the fourth year in a row.

Martina McBride's brand-new 'Teenage Daughters' was next, with the gorgeous mom of three singing in front of projected photos of moms and daughters.

Dad of two sons Brad Paisley is the ACM Top Male Vocalist for the third year in a row. "I'm so grateful to the fans of country music who gave me the chance to do this for a living," he said from the stage. "I don't know who got paid ... I'm just kidding, it's all very fair!"

One of the most touching moments of the night came next, with Darius Rucker performing 'Music From the Heart,' a song co-written by Chris Young, Brett James and 25 developmentally disabled young adults at the ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp last summer -- all of whom joined Darius for the performance, receiving wild cheers from the standing audience.

Reba McEntire hosted the ACMs for the 13th year, with Blake Shelton as her co-host for his very first awards hosting gig. The two provided lots of laughs throughout the three hour broadcast, poking fun of celebrities and one another.

2011 ACM AWARDS - WINNERS:

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
• Taylor Swift

TOP MALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
• Brad Paisley

TOP FEMALE VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
• Miranda Lambert

TOP VOCAL DUO OF THE YEAR
• Sugarland

TOP VOCAL GROUP OF THE YEAR
• Lady Antebellum

TOP NEW SOLO VOCALIST OF THE YEAR
• Eric Church

TOP NEW VOCAL DUO or GROUP OF THE YEAR
• The Band Perry

TOP NEW ARTIST
• The Band Perry

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
• 'Need You Now' - Lady Antebellum

SINGLE RECORD OF THE YEAR
• 'The House That Built Me' - Miranda Lambert

SONG OF THE YEAR
• 'The House That Built Me' – Miranda Lambert

VIDEO OF THE YEAR
• 'The House That Built Me' – Miranda Lambert

VOCAL EVENT OF THE YEAR
• 'As She's Walking Away' – Zac Brown Band Featuring Alan Jackson
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So do you like most of the winners?

Are you a fan of country music?

Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards   Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 2:31 am

yea, although i wanted steel magnolia to win. the winners are good. i watched it although it was kinda weird since it was held in two diff. locations.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards   Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards EmptyMon 04 Apr 2011, 5:10 pm

Yeah I heard about the double locations.

I don't really like Miranda Lambert but congrats to her for winning a lot of awards.

I knew she did well at the Grammys so I figured her own people would reward her.

Swift and Lady Antebellum are pretty good winners as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards   Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards Empty

Back to top Go down

Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift Win Big at the 2011 ACM Awards
Page 1 of 1