Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc Empty
PostSubject: Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc   Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011, 12:15 am

Source: Final Bell Radio

Former WWE superstar Paul Burchill was recently interviewed by "Final Bell Radio," here are some highlights:

On his WWE debut almost being a disaster: I went out there and there's a freakin' rope hanging from the ceiling. So I swung down, went to the ring, climbed up to the top rope and stood on the top rope. As I stepped off I landed on the knee and it felt like it imploded. It was right in front of Vince and the first thing he said was 'are you ok?'. I said I think I blew my knee out. He said you might want to get that checked. All that day I got injections, it was just about getting through the match......I was told "you can go get your knee fixed but I can't guarantee there's going to be a spot for you when you come back. Yea, they look after their talent.

On why the Katie Lea incest angle was scrapped: They debuted us with huge plans for us, but they went PG two weeks later... and then you're just there especially on Raw with no real direction.

On an idea he had that was stolen and given to another diva/superstar: Katie was kinda feuding with Mickie James for the women's title. I'd pitched the idea to do the first ever combined titles ladder match. Me and Katie against Mickie and Kofi in a free for all ladder match. Whoever wins the belt, their [team] wins the belt. They kinda went with that idea, but with someone else. That was another example of those writers doing their jobs really well. They did a combined titles match and Santino and Beth won the belts. I actually thought a ladder match between the four of us would have been awesome.

On asking for his release: I went home and said to my wife, I don't want to go back and be like, I'm the guy that so and so needs to beat that week. I hadn't felt like a priority in a long time. The boss will love your work but you're not a priority so you kind of get left by the wayside. I was like, I don't think I want to go there and do that. I made a decision and I went to them and said I'd like to finish up and two weeks later they called me. I knew a year before what I'd do after. I made sure I was smart about it and I had a plan.

On if he'd like to work for TNA: I'd definitely be interested because that schedule is perfect. I enjoy a lot of stuff I see on TNA. I like TNA, I like the product, I like the people there, I have a lot of friends there. Where they get it right is they put people on the show and let them be themselves. It comes across a lot more real.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think about this.

Were you a fan and would you have liked his Summerslam 2008 plan more than what happened?
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc   Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011, 12:47 am

i thought he was ok, his plan would have been interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc   Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011, 2:27 am

Yeah he was never my favorite but I think I'd have liked his and Katie's title runs.

His idea of the double title ladder match was cool.
Back to top Go down
WarGreymon77
Midcarder
Midcarder
WarGreymon77

Male
Number of posts : 466
Favorite WWE Wrestler : The Undertaker, Triple H, R-Truth, Booker T, Teddy Long, CM Punk
Favorite WWE Diva : 'Kharma', Kelly Kelly, Maryse
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Sting, Brother Devon, A.J. Styles, Beer Money Inc, "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Favorite TNA Knockout : Velvet Sky, Mickie James, Angelina Love, So Cal Val, Daffney...
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc   Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011, 3:47 am

Right on! I liked everything that he said.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc   Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011, 9:34 am

I wonder if he slept with Melina too.
Back to top Go down
AliciaFoxRoxMySox
Recent Roster Addition

Number of posts : 15
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Tamina
Favorite WWE Diva : Maria Menounos
Favorite TNA Knockout : Abyss
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc   Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc EmptySat 14 May 2011, 4:16 am

LOL. He likes TNA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc   Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Burchill Talks Time In WWE, Whether He'd Work at TNA, etc
Page 1 of 1