Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc Empty
PostSubject: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySat 20 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

http://www.artofwrestling.cz/exclusive-interview-with-katarina-waters/

Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc Winter2_display_image-300x199

ArtOfWrestling.cz brings you another exclusive interview. And this time, we had a chance to spoke with the former WWE Diva and 2-time TNA Knockout´s Champion Katarina Waters, also known as Nikita/Katie Lea/Winter. Prior to signing with WWE, she spent many years on the independent circuit, particularly in the Frontier Wrestling Alliance, where she used the ring name Nikita. After signing with WWE, she competed in their former developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling, where she became a two time Women’s Champion before being called up to the main roster. After being released from WWE in April 2010, Waters joined TNA in August 2010 adopting the new ring name Winter. During her first year in the promotion she managed to win both of the promotion’s women’s championships, teaming with Angelina Love to win the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship in December 2010 and winning the TNA Women’s Knockout Championship in August 2011.

The Krupy: How you got into the wrestling business?
Katarina Waters: I was a fan of wrestling and found that there was a wrestling school where I could go and learn ‚all those cool moves’. So I went and I learned and I happened to be good at it. Wink

The Krupy: Who were some of your biggest influences, male or female, for getting into the wrestling business?
Katarina Waters: Kevin Nash, a.k.a. Big Daddy Cool Diesel, because I was obsessed with him…

The Krupy: Please tell us what some of your favourite matches have been from your career.
Katarina Waters: Of course the ladder match with Beth Phoenix and my match against Paul Travell in FWA for British Uprising, because that was such an important show and the atmosphere was electric. Fighting Mickie James for the TNA Championship was also a special moment. And, of course, many more!

The Krupy: According to many, Ohio Valley Wrestling is the best wrestling school in the USA. You spent some time there before your WWE debut, and you also became the 2-time OVW Women´s Champion. How have those experiences been?

Katarina Waters: OVW was some of the best times for me artistically I think. Al Snow is a fantastic trainer and he and Danny Davis who ran the OVW TV show were always open to ideas and stories we came up with, so we had the best opportunity to build characters and learn how to put feuds together.

The Krupy: Your WWE debut took place in February 2008, with your on-screen brother Paul Burchill and you two had a „strange relationship“. What is your opinion on the entire storyline after all these years?
Katarina Waters: Well, the ‚strange relationship‘ part never really happened so, instead we started having these inter-gender handicap matches which was really fun. We got do put together some really different matches and had a nice little gimmick that set us apart, which was great.

The Krupy: Why did you leave WWE in 2010?
Katarina Waters: They released me.

The Krupy: What are your thoughts on your "Winter“ character from TNA?

Katarina Waters: I loved playing that character. She was evil, mysterious… what’s not to like..? Wink

The Krupy: In your opinion, are women in the pro-wrestling business treated differently than male wrestlers?
Katarina Waters: Yes, to an extent. Obviously they get less coverage and airtime than the men, but I think that is also due to the nature of the business and the demands of the audience. I don’t think that a show that was 50% women’s matches would do as well in a mainstream capacity. So there are less women‘ s matches which is fine, but sometimes people equate that with ‚less important’, which is a mistake.

The Krupy: If it´s possible, please compare the fans and booking styles of WWE and TNA.
Katarina Waters: I think that perhaps WWE caters more to the younger fans these days, and TNA markets their product more to the 18-35 crowd.

The Krupy: What is next for you in your career?
Katarina Waters: I am in Los Angeles, pursuing acting and writing, I just shot my own short film and would like to put more of my own projects together. In the meantime I am still wrestling independently and having a great time doing it!

The Krupy: Would you return to WWE or TNA?
Katarina Waters: Perhaps if it was the right opportunity. I enjoyed myself in both places. I just don’t know if I would want to be quite so restricted again as I would be in WWE.

The Krupy: Is there something that you want to tell our readers?

Katarina Waters: Yes, thank you for taking the time to read this and for being interested in my goings-on. You can also follow me on twitter @katarinasinfamy, like me on facebook.com/katarinasinfamy and check out my website for news, upcoming events, my online store etc. Thanks..!! smile
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc Empty
PostSubject: Winter Speaks Out - WWE/TNA Return?, Paul Burchill, More   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

Katarina Waters (Winter/Katie Lea Burchill) recently spoke with Art of Wrestling about a potential WWE or TNA return and more. Check out the highlights:

On her wrestling influences: "Kevin Nash, a.k.a. Big Daddy Cool Diesel, because I was obsessed with him…"

On whether she'd go back to WWE or TNA: "Perhaps if it was the right opportunity. I enjoyed myself in both places. I just don't know if I would want to be quite so restricted again as I would be in WWE."

On her time in OVW: "OVW was some of the best times for me artistically I think. Al Snow is a fantastic trainer and he and Danny Davis who ran the OVW TV show were always open to ideas and stories we came up with, so we had the best opportunity to build characters and learn how to put feuds together."

On the "strange relationship" plans with Paul Burchill: "Well, the "strange relationship" part never really happened so, instead we started having these inter-gender handicap matches which was really fun. We got do put together some really different matches and had a nice little gimmick that set us apart, which was great."

On the Winter character: "I loved playing that character. She was evil, mysterious… what's not to like..?"

On whether women in the business are treated differently than male wrestlers: "Yes, to an extent. Obviously they get less coverage and airtime than the men, but I think that is also due to the nature of the business and the demands of the audience. I don't think that a show that was 50% women's matches would do as well in a mainstream capacity. So there are less women‘ s matches which is fine, but sometimes people equate that with less important, which is a mistake."
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 7:18 pm

I posted the same article only 3 threads down so I don't see how you missed it Angelus..?

It is merged now though.
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 7:29 pm

I would want her back in WWE or TNA I'm sorry but Katie Lea Is Just Not all that interesting to watch she can wrestle But She just Dosent have that personality that you want to get to know.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 7:36 pm

^ So you would NOT want her back since you said you would want her back but then dissed her!

I don't think she would do well in WWE again so there is probably no reason to even try.

TNA hiring her again could work now that they really could use some more KOs.

They did really fuck up with using her though. :-/
Back to top Go down
#WeWantTaryn
Divas Lover.
#WeWantTaryn

Male
Number of posts : 7477
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Roman Reigns
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy & Jey Uso
Seth Rollins
Dolph Ziggler
Antonio Cesaro

Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Alicia Fox

Favorite TNA Wrestler : EC3
Austin Aries
MVP
Roode
Bobby Lashley
Kenny King
Favorite TNA Knockout : Taryn Terrell
Brittany
Angelina Love
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 8:06 pm

Yeah I meant to say I wouldn't want her back.Katie lea is pretty basic if you ask me.Basic Moves,Basic Looks and pretty Basic Personality.She Needs SOMETHING to make herself stand out.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 8:16 pm

Her Winter character was different but I agree with you she isn't the most exciting wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptySun 21 Jul 2013, 9:12 pm

I actually liked the Katie Lea Burchill character in a way. But at the end of the day I doubt WWE would want her back her best chance is TNA but with all the issues they are having can they afford to carry her on the roster it becomes
Back to top Go down
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013, 12:13 am

I don't anticipate her re-signing with either company right now. She doesn't want the WWE restrictions and TNA is having too many problems financially to be able to afford her.

From a technical standpoint, she is a very skilled wrestler. She has had some really fantastic matches during her career and has had some pretty interesting storylines.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013, 6:47 pm

I'm surprised she hasn't gone to Shimmer/Shine/WSU/Femme Fatales.

She would probably do well there yet all she has really done is FWE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc   Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Former KO Champ Winter Talks Possible WWE Or TNA Return, If Women Are Treated Different, Kevin Nash, Etc
Page 1 of 1