Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More Empty
PostSubject: When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More   When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 2:46 am

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/10/fox-cancels-human-target/

UPDATED: Fox is brutally clear-cutting under-performing shows from its lineup, cancelling three four five series tonight in order to make room for new shows next fall: Human Target was shot down for a third season, Christian Slater is now 0 for 3 as a TV series lead because Breaking In was dumped, The Chicago Code and Lie to Me were just taken out and Traffic Light was switched off. The moves represent an aggressive stance by Fox, which is obviously refusing to sink any further investment in modestly performing titles — opting, instead, to gamble on fresh shows.

Human Target was finally axed after undergoing a few trips back to the drawing board. Though the show was considerably revamped for this season, the actioner struggled to gain ground in the ratings. Target averaged 7.6 million viewers and a 2.2 rating in adults 18-49 this season, including DVR use, but was down from its first season average of 2.9. Lie to Me is also gone — it averaged exactly the same as Target, and dropped the same amount from last season.

Fox also pink-slipped Breaking In, the freshman comedy about a security team that starred Slater. The show averaged a healthy 2.9 in the ratings due to a strong premiere, but more recent episodes fell off considerably despite following American Idol. Fellow post-Idol freshman straggler Traffic Light is also gone.

And bummer for Jennifer Beals: Her freshman cop drama The Chicago Code was also cancelled. Creator Shawn Ryan retweeted the news and wrote: “Dammit.”

The cancellations come on the heels of Fox giving a series orders to Bones spin-off The Finder and to J.J. Abrams’ new prison mystery drama Alcatraz. The network also picked up two new comedies starring Zooey Deschanel and Jaime Pressly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you watch any of those shows?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More   When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 4:57 am

This is rather DUMB by Fox...why? The Kept "Fringe" which under performs ALL these shows.

The whole TV world was actually shocked when they heard Fringe was returning.

Traffic Lights...no shocker, tbh first comedy since Modern Family i just didn't like by just watching the Pilot...it had 2 funny moments...the first 2 minutes and the last 2 minutes. Plus it's ratings were SOOOO bad...not even NBC would keep it.

Human Target? No shocker as well. Fox has been clinging on to that show too long. Lie To Me as well. Same story.

The CHicago Code? Dumb move, it wasn't performing great BUT it wasn't much worse than "Fringe"(who is entering it's third season). BUT considering The Chicago Code was new, i would have given it one more go.

Breaking In wasn't doing bad....BUT it was losing a LOT of viewers following Idol. If you can't maintain 60% of the Idol Viewers....you got to go.

Guess Raising Hope was the rookie show of the year. Although it does need to do better. It's ratings were pretty much on the Level of Breaking In....it just didn't have the Idol lead in.

Lie to Me, Fringe, The Chicago Code & Human Target were drawing the same ratings...so why keep 1and drop 3...is kinda dumb.

BUT at least they are doing what NBC isn't....which is a complete overhaul.

I STILL feel, keeping The Chicago Code...would be better than Keeping Fringe.....why keep and old show that is dropping while a new show could potentialy rise?

Well TerraNova has HUGE hype behind it....i hope for them...it does well.

Because it could only result into "The Event" version 2.0. HUGE publicity, MAJOR advertising....AND BOMBED in ratings.

Back to top Go down

When Fox Attacks: Network Cancels 'Human Target,' 'Chicago Code,' 'Lie to Me,' and 2 More
Page 1 of 1