Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell Empty
PostSubject: Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell   Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 11:02 pm

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2011/05/16/foxs-fall-schedule-spielberg-glee-x-factor/

Fox has become the most schizophrenic network, with its relentless pursuit of the minimally talented in its reality programming, and its equally relentless pursuit of maximum quality in its scripted series. Any ads for its fall schedule might as well just consist of busts of two gigantic heads: Steven Spielberg, whose lavishly-budgeted Terra Nova is bound to be the season’s biggest economic and reputation-affecting production, and Simon Cowell, from whose waggling brow has sprung a Stateside version of The X Factor talent show, a sure-fire ratings-getter out of the gate.

There will be much initial curiosity over the state of Paula Abdul’s mental health and the degree to which Cowell will temper his temper to suit the current atmosphere of kind, positive, nurturing criticism that prevails on American Idol, The Voice, The Sing-Off, and probably The O’Reilly Factor any day now. After that, however, it’s going to take some effort on Fox’s part to keep X Factor from becoming The World Has Got Slightly Less Talent Than We Thought.

As for Terra Nova, this is one big-budget gamble I’m rooting for. Its concept — families from the future sent back to prehistoric time to save the world — is one of those extravagant notions that can work as absorbing fun with a potentially rich mythology, or as inadvertently campy giggle-fest, or as a grand folly that will be fun (provided you don’t have a paycheck involved in making the thing) to witness implode. Plus, I always root for anything that involves Stephen Lang, an actor whose TV work I’ve admired at least as far back as Michael Mann’s Crime Story.

In keeping with Fox’s tradition of scatter-shot programming that doesn’t cohere as a philosophy but succeeds by being The Network You Turn To When There’s Nothing You Want To See On The Other Networks, this season looks rather ripe.

Monday: Terra Nova leads off at 8, suggesting it’ll be at least somewhat family-friendly (and only slightly increases the chances it may ultimately resemble Land of the Lost). It’s followed by House, which may be headed into its last season, should Hugh Laurie decide it’s time to put the Old Gimp out to pasture.

Tuesday: Fox is all about squeezing every ounce of profit it can from Glee, even as the network must worry about the increasing division among its viewership about whether the show has undergone a creative renewal or a descent into musical ADD. It will be followed by New Girl, a show that will rise or fall entirely on the extent to which you find Zooey Deschanel charming, because it’s all about her as a gawky lovable sprite surrounded mostly by admiring men. I find her quite charming.

Wednesday: X Factor, for 90 minutes. Hey, there are four judges and two hosts — they need the time. At 9:30, it’s sitcom time. Much as I like Jamie Pressly, I Hate My Teenage Daughter looked like a chore to sit through, for the same reason Fox probably picked it up: It plays up antagonism between mothers and daughters. And the daughters seem really mean. And the mothers seem really needy. Can’t we all just get enough of that in our own lives, or from the lives of our friends?

Thursday: The X Factor results show. Don’t people tape results shows and watch ‘em later?

Friday: Nothing to pay attention to until Fringe returns.

Saturday: The usual Cops-a-palooza.

Sunday: Animation domination continues, and squeezed between The Simpsons and Family Guy will be Allen Gregory, a cartoon created and voiced by Jonah Hill. I know that I should be enthused about any show whose central character is a well-spoken, mostly-polite young man — there are so few of them on TV, live or animated — but the clip shown at Fox’s upfront presentation made Allen Gregory look dismayingly prim. I wouldn’t pass final judgment on it at this point, and in its favor, the animation style is clean, crisp, and as bright as Allen himself. At the very least, Allen Gregory will be a visual tonic when compared to the sub-Hanna-Barbera animation of the Seth MacFarlane empire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think of Fox's Fall 2011 schedule?
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell   Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 12:37 am

their schedule is ok, not sure how many of the shows i'll watch.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell   Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 2:51 am

I think the only thing I will watch is Tera Nova.

The rest I don't care to watch.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell   Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell EmptyTue 17 May 2011, 4:02 am

Terra Nova, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, New Girl for sure.

Also the return of Glee and Raising Hope.. WOO!!!

Fox has always been the network with my least faves on it.

Oh and the Animated Sundays, not sure how Allen Gregory will do and same could be said about Napoleon Dynamite at midseason.

American Dad & Bob's Burgers will have to step up, their spots are on the line atm.
Though i did hear Family Guy won't go past Season 10.....or that's what Seth once said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell   Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox's Fall schedule, night by night: Steven Spielberg, meet your new roommate, Simon Cowell
Page 1 of 1