Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas Empty
PostSubject: Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas   Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011, 7:26 pm

Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas 2663397

http://rochester.metromix.com/events/article/more-than-raw-talent/2663397/content

There's something about western New York that seems to breed fame. Taye Diggs, Abby Wambach, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Kristen Wiig, Chad Michael Murray, Renée Fleming and Teddy Geiger have all called this area home — along with a host of intellectuals, politicians and businessmen.

So it should come as no surprise that the WWE Raw show at Blue Cross Arena on Saturday, June 11, will be a homecoming of sorts for Superstar Diva Beth Phoenix.

"I'm really proud to represent western New York," says Phoenix, an Elmira, Chemung County, native who was born Elizabeth Kocanski. "I'm looking forward to a warm welcome from this area."

While most grandparents were taking their grandchildren on outings to the zoo or playground, Phoenix's grandparents took her to wrestling matches, sparking a flame that would light her future career.

"Whenever people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said 'pro wrestler,' even as a little girl," says Phoenix, 30." She was the first female varsity wrestler in the history of Elmira's Notre Dame High School, winning championships at the local and state levels. Before pursuing a professional wrestling career, Phoenix moved to Buffalo and majored in criminal justice at Canisius College while continuing her wrestling training at a small gym 28 miles away in Medina, Orleans County.

"It was tough not having any connections in the field," she says. "I had to work my way from the ground up and keep banging on doors to get noticed."

In May 2001, her luck began to change as she wrestled for independent promotional shows and trained with the All Knighters, a professional training duo from Ontario, Canada.

In 2005, World Wrestling Entertainment took notice of Phoenix's skill and stunning blonde looks and invited her to join the Raw brand. Almost immediately after her 2006 debut as a fan favorite, Phoenix received a jaw injury requiring surgery, and she didn't compete with Raw for another year.

In 2007, Phoenix returned to the Raw storyline with a vengeance, this time as a "villain." She has since won three WWE Women's Championship titles, earning the nickname The Glamazon. Though she lost the championship title in May, she's not taking a vacation from her fitness regimen. When we talked with her by phone, she was just leaving the gym, which is a large part of her daily superstar Diva routine.

"Our moniker is 'smart, sexy and powerful,' but our first goal is being great role models for men and women alike. Looking great might initially draw them, but we are educated, have drive, college degrees and talent beyond ways in the ring," she says. "You can't get away with being mediocre if you want to be a WWE Superstar Diva."

And while the Divas are united on their WWE identity, it's every woman for herself on the road. Because they are often pitted against one another during performances, Phoenix admits that much of the tension carries off-stage as well.

"Divas have huge competition," she says. "Friends are few and far between. In the locker room, you can shake hands or maybe have dinner, but in the ring it's our livelihood and paycheck. I want to be the best."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a Beth Phoenix fan?

Do you think she will ever win the Diva's Title?

Do you want her to win it next?
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas   Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas EmptyWed 15 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

I'm sorry but I don't know who this woman is? Is she a new diva, the one who was dancing on Raw and debuted as Kelly Kelly's friend the week before?
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas   Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

It did sound a bit forced the whole how competitive all the divas are. Nattie and Beth are great friends as are the Bellas and Maryse. There's probably factions within the divas locker room but probably no more rivalry than in any other office.

I'm a big Beth fan. She's got the most all round ability out of all the divas in terms of wrestling and mic skills. Check out her OVW and Shimmer stuff to see a really different side to her. It would have been cool to see her repackaged like that as a face. I just think the whole Glamazon thing doesn't work as a face. She lost her momentum when she got injured when feuding with Laycool.

I think Beth does deserve another title run. Shes very valuable as a champion as can put on great matches with almost anyone. Think she needs to turn heel again though .
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas   Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm

^ Yeah I agree.

Her 2010 injury sure fucked everything up for her and SD last year.

I mean I think she would have held the belt for a while.

Hell, she may have been the one to unify the belts if that was still going to happen.

Shame she has been pretty much non existent since her return at SvS.

I just hope WWE wises up and pushed her to the title next since she is a great champ.

If they put the belt on Kelly then Beth should turn heel by snapping on Kelly and then winning the belt off of her the next month.

Then she could have a long reign [like her 1st/2nd women's title reigns] that is more up to the Glamazon's standards then her 3 week injury women's title run last year.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas   Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 7:20 am

Beth bores me......wouldn;t miss her if she gets fired tbh. She's been rarely showcased....Like Gail Kim i forget they are even hired at times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas   Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas Empty

Back to top Go down

Beth Phoenix Receives Hometown Press, Talks About Competition Amongst Divas
Page 1 of 1