Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beth Phoenix Talks Goals, Eve Torres, etc in New Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Beth Phoenix Talks Goals, Eve Torres, etc in New Interview Empty
PostSubject: Beth Phoenix Talks Goals, Eve Torres, etc in New Interview   Beth Phoenix Talks Goals, Eve Torres, etc in New Interview EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012, 11:39 pm

http://www.sbsun.com/living/ci_20031670

Beth Phoenix Talks Goals, Eve Torres, etc in New Interview 20120224_015132_OL24-WRESTLE

Superstars from the WWE will make their triumphant return to the Citizens Business Bank Arena at 7:30 p.m. Saturday for an action-packed live show at the Ontario venue.

Scheduled to appear at the event are current WWE Champion CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella and current Divas Champion Beth Phoenix - also known as "The Glamazon."

Fresh off her win against Tamina Snuka this past Sunday at The Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, Phoenix is ready for her scheduled match-up against former Divas Champion, Eve.

Since joining the WWE in 2006, Phoenix has become a fierce competitor in the squared circle, earning her place among her peers - both male and female - by holding the WWE Women's Championship three times, appearing in the February 2009 issue of Flex Magazine and becoming one of only three women to compete in the otherwise all-male Royal Rumble.

Outside of the ring, Phoenix has become an inspiration and an idol to fans of the WWE, a title she holds close to her heart.

"My most important goal is to provide an example to both men and women," she said. "You don't have to fit a certain model in life ... or a certain weight. I made it on elbow grease. And its important for me to bring that message to others - be unique."

Phoenix's love for sports entertainment began at a young age when she would watch the WWE every weekend with her grandma.

A fan of the popular "heel" characters of the late '80s and early '90s, Phoenix would cheer on the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, Owen Hart and Sherri Martel.

"I liked the bad guys because they could say and do whatever they wanted to," she said. "(And) I didn't mind if they cheated a bit."

As a student at Notre Dame High School in Elmira, N.Y., Phoenix became the first female on the school's wrestling team, ran track and played tennis.

After high school, she went on to earn a degree in criminal justice from Canisius College.

After college, Phoenix pursued her goal of joining the WWE and hasn't looked back since.

She calls her appearance in the 2010 Royal Rumble a career highlight and is looking forward to the possibility of appearing at one of the WWE's most beloved and popular live events of the year, Wrestlemania 28, in Miami.

But right now, Phoenix's biggest focus is beating Eve this Saturday and retaining her Divas championship belt.

"What's really special about Eve is that she started with the Divas search and came into the company not knowing a lot about (it) or the wrestling background," Phoenix said. "But what I really admire about her is that she is learning to be the best in the ring (and) she is awesome to compete against because she brings a lot of heart.

"I have had nothing but awesome competitive matches with her, and she always comes back for more when I knock her out with the Glam Slam," she continued. "There will be nothing but awesomeness when I come to Ontario."

Along with the Eve vs. Phoenix match-up, CM Punk will face Kane for the WWE Championship, while R-Truth takes on his former tag-team partner, The Miz.

Kofi Kingston will face Chris Jericho, while Dolph Ziggler, Primo, David Otunga, Alex Riley, Santino Marella, Epico, Zack Ryder and Mason Ryan compete for a spot to face Jack Swagger for the United States Championship.

Tickets are $15, $25, $35, $45 and $60.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

The Ontario arena is at 4000 W. Ontario Center Parkway.
Back to top Go down

Beth Phoenix Talks Goals, Eve Torres, etc in New Interview
Page 1 of 1