Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald  Empty
PostSubject: Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald    Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald  EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 7:41 pm

Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald  130611SPLEVE2_220x147

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/wrestling/news/article.cfm?c_id=490&objectid=10732398

A quick word with WWE diva Eve, a beauty among the many brawny and beefy beasts of the American wrestling roadshow coming to town next month...

You seem to be on the nicer side of the Diva ranks because some of them are pretty scary. Is that fair to say?
I try to represent the image of what I associate with the Divas, which is sporty, athletic, sexy. So I try to keep that in mind all the time, whether it's in the ring, in interviews, or whatever it might be. And I've always been fascinated by these strong, powerful, women figures. And so the concept of the Divas always intrigued me because that's what they have always represented. On top of that I was a dancer, a model and I also did martial arts, so wrestling was everything I enjoyed doing encompassed into one.

Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction in the ring?
No. But it's something we're very aware of because your wardrobe is the last thing you want to be worried about when you're having a serious clash with someone. You try and make it so it's not even an issue, but when I first started, when I was trying to figure out what I liked to wear in the ring, there were some very close calls, I have to say.

You've only been in the game since 2009 and won the Diva Championships twice already. How did you go about making your presence felt so quickly?

Actually the first year I was with WWE [in 2008] I was a backstage interviewer, and during that entire time I was training because I knew I wanted to become a competitor.

And I knew I wanted to be champion, I wanted success, and that's really the plan I had since day one. And the usual stuff like working hard helps, but also being respectful to those around you because it's an industry and a competition that is built on respect. It's also about finding the confidence within you that transcends through the television.

For all the spectacle and entertainment value of wrestling it's still very confrontational - have you always been that way inclined?
I've always been competitive. But I think it's how you view competition and that's what wrestling is about. We have some people who will do what ever it takes to win, be it stepping on others or cheating. Whatever it takes they will do that. And then there are other people who see that as sport, and as something that they are passionate about and put their heart into it, and so I feel I've always had that competitive spirit in me but it's just about how you deal with the confrontation - and I try to be a good sport and take everything in my stride.

How do you describe or style?
First, your fashion style and then your wrestling style.
My fashion style depends on what day of the week it is. Right now I'm in my work-out clothes, and that's usually what it is. But I really like sexy and classy mixed together. And I think there is something sexier about not being over the top - you know, leaving something to the imagination.

What about wrestling style?
I play to my strengths obviously, and I grew up doing gymnastics and acrobatics, so that's something that sets me apart, and I also incorporate jiu-jitsu when I can, so the combination of those two has helped me tremendously in competition.

--------------------------------------------------
Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Blue Ryder
Bossman
Bossman
Blue Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 24217
Job/hobbies : The Fruit Basket
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Cody Rhodes
Tyson Kidd
PUNK
Daniel Bryan "YES"
Zack Ryder

Flavors of The Month smile
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla
Eve
Naomi/Cameron
Tamina
Nattie

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Robert Rood *fanz*

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Madison Rayne
Tara
Sarita
Rosita

Flavors Of The Month smile
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald    Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald  EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

Goddess! Turn her heel already!
Back to top Go down

Eve Interview with New Zealand Herald
Page 1 of 1