Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just fine or need more wrestlers?

Go down 
+6
Queen Mintz
perceval
KTV-Time
Quisee
Chloe
Paul Wyatt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Just fine or need more wrestlers? Empty
PostSubject: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 12:21 pm

I've heard people say, including some Divas themselves, there are quality performers in WWE, but they are just not given much of a chance to be successful. Sure, there are a few - very few! My question is, do you concur with this, or do you believe the problem is a lack of solid in-ring performers?
Back to top Go down
Chloe
Main Eventer
Chloe

Female
Number of posts : 587
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Randy Orton

The Hart Dynasty

Christian
Favorite WWE Diva : Natalya

Beth Phoenix

Maryse

Aksana
Favorite TNA Knockout : Angelina Love

Daffney

Hamada
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm

I believe the talents there. The likes of Beth, Nattie, Gail even Alicia I'd rate pretty high and AJ could rival Trish, Molly etc. The difference is the wrong women are pushed, they're not given enough time or creative direction and too many restrictions are put on them nowadays.

Yes there's dead wood you could cut . I'd sack the Bellas, Kelly , Layla, Melina and Rosa quite happily but then you're never going to have a perfect division without any weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Quisee
Quisee

Male
Number of posts : 2178
Job/hobbies : Media Services department at Florissant Valley College
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

I feel like there is a lack in Divas, I feel like WWE needs more Divas on the main roster period. I also think they don't use the talent that they do have; they barely use any of the Divas that much so maybe bringing more Divas to the main roster isn't the answer since they don't do much of anything with the ones they have already.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 2:19 pm

Quisee wrote:
I feel like there is a lack in Divas, I feel like WWE needs more Divas on the main roster period. I also think they don't use the talent that they do have; they barely use any of the Divas that much so maybe bringing more Divas to the main roster isn't the answer since they don't do much of anything with the ones they have already.

Lol i love how you contradict yourself.

They can afford to drop some ladies, there is a overflow of Divas, if each brand had 6 to 8 divas is enough. 6 per brand is enough for me.

Also i won't say the wrong women are being pushed. Back in the day even the Kat, Terri, Debra, Stacy got their day.

The problem is the divas have no identity. There is no diffrence in them, they are all generic.

Look at SD, even with deadweight Rosa and shitty wrestle Kaitlyn (though the crowd love her) the division is fun because of the diffrent women, they all have a minor Identity (WWE hasn't been doing a great job in building off of it).

The wrong people aren't being pushed IMO, they are just not doing things right. The Bella's could be fun, Kelly Kelly could be fun....but they are not because of the limitations. There hasn't been a deep personal promo worthy, video hype worthy fued on Raw....since the whole Mickie-Trish storyline. Go analize it and see. There hasn't been one. It's all about mtch match match, Oh i hate you oh i'm jealous oh i'll turn on you and that has been the same format since then.

Everyone is oh so excited about Beth's turn, no diffrent then all the heel turns we've had over the last 7 years....and honestly if they continue to book the women like they do now...tossing Beth vs. Gail kim next won't change how boring it is.....it will just be booked like Kelly's reign has been booked.

Match match ..nr. 1 contedner...match match someone turns, wins the gold...match match match 1 minute promo, match match tag match 6 diva match, title match....revenge....finally wins title...between now someone else turns...and same formula again.

Look at TNA...the SAME oh your prettier than me blah blah blah storyline...why is it soooo enjoyable? it hasn't been booked with 101 matches (well maybe 101 brawls...but hell we enjoy those and they get a SHIT load of promo time)
Back to top Go down
perceval
World Champion
World Champion

Number of posts : 1445
Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

They need to use the ones they got, first. Back when they had a clue, the girls all had their own looks, identities, and roles. They were all doing something besides standing around posing, whether it was wrestling, managing, being a valet, or being a backstage interviewer.

Feuds and storylines that led to Championship matches would usually be developed out of those roles. In 2000, Trish was managing T&A, while Lita was a valet for the Hardy Boyz, and both would interfere in their teams' matches, creating a feud between them. The Hollys brought in their cousin Molly to counter Trish and Lita and even the odds when they were competing with T&A and the Hardy Boyz. So, by the time they were ready to go with the Women's Division proper, the three cornerstones didn't need the writers to come up with reasons for them to become rivals, because a rivalry between the three had already been long established. That even got Terri thrown into the mix every now and then because she had managed the Radicalz, and therefore ran afoul of the other three.

Managing MNM is what got Melina established, which worked on two levels. Aside from establishing Melina so people knew who she was when she started competing for the Championship, she covered one of Morrison's big weaknesses, his lack of mic skills, by doing the talking for him. So, whichever of these girls is good on the mic should be used to get some of these guys who can do it in ring but aren't great with promos over, what a manager's job is.
Back to top Go down
Queen Mintz
Melina's Barracudas
Melina's Barracudas
Queen Mintz

Female
Number of posts : 8217
Randy Orton
CM Punk
The Shield
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ Lee
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

They need to get rid of the untalented eye candy and get a few more talented wrestlers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/minterz
Shimmer Mark
World Champion
World Champion
Shimmer Mark

Male
Number of posts : 2263
Job/hobbies : Banking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro, Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne
Favorite WWE Diva : AJ, Natalya, Paige
Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels
Favorite TNA Knockout : Gail Kim
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

Queen Mintz wrote:
They need to get rid of the untalented eye candy and get a few more talented wrestlers

This is exactly right. I understand needing some "less" talented women bc they need some mid-card wrestlers. But there is some that, in my opinion, is just about trash and should be eliminated. Lets face it, we are no longer in the Trish/Lita era. Today's women are different, the storylines are different, and the fans are different. Always comparing what we have to what we had gets us nowhere except annoyed.....in my case at least.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 9:06 pm

Queen Mintz wrote:

Yes.

Fire a couple of the women and get better ones.

The ones like Eve/Kelly [since they are not going anywhere] can stay but just don't push them over the Beths/Gails/etc.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 3:42 am

They don't need to fire the untalented eye candy, because they can bring ratings in in their own way, they are just booking them wrong. Booking Kelly and the Bellas as credible threats to veterans Gail and Beth isn't doing anyone any justice. Throw the likes of Kelly, Rosa, Brie,Nikki, Kaitlyn, Maryse with a male superstar. Give someone like Kelly or Maryse a high profile one to help draw.

The thing is, don't push these girls as wrestlers, push them as divas. Have them interlock with eachother in fueds with either a tag team or solo (MNM vs McCool/LOD, Christy/her team, Ashley/Londrick and even the heel team of McCool/two nobodies). Have them brawl on the outside to add to the flavour of the match and build more interest. Have a shitty one on one match with the two divas to finally get it through. Why was Melina vs Christy such a look foward to match? Because fans wanted Christy to beat the hell out of Melina for constantly interfering in matches. This wasn't supposed to be a wrestling match, it was just a brawl to build character.

This is why the likes of Sable, Terri, Elizabeth, Sunny, Stephanie and Trish were so successful over 10 years ago. People wanted to see Lita beat the hell out of Trish for constantly interfering in Hardy matches.

Back to today, that leaves us with Beth, Melina, Nattie, Gail, Alicia, Eve, Layla. Make Smackdown the home of the 'Kelly vs Maryse brawl match' after weeks of involving eachother in their wrestler's match. People would be so excited to see Maryse get whats coming to her. Even feature them in usual matches like Dawn vs Torrie. Both weren't built as wrestlers, not credible enough to go to Raw and win a match, but could still have sexy battles.

Over on Raw feature Kharma, Beth, Gail, Nattie, Melina as the centerpieces. Oh look? Beth is the Victoria, Kharma is the Jazz Nattie the Molly, Gail the...Gail, Melina the Ivory, Eve the Lita, Alicia the Jacqueline/Shaniqua, Layla the Trish. Isn't this the ruthless aggression era roster?

What does this mean? Build up Eve strongly in promos like they did with Trish. Have Nattie and Gail team up with eachother as a strong heel team, have Beth and Eve engage in a brutal fued, Kharma and Gail in a brutal fued, Nattie/Gail vs Beth/Layla? Melina vs Eve? Alicia vs someone else?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 4:58 pm

Rated X Aussie wrote:
They don't need to fire the untalented eye candy, because they can bring ratings in in their own way, they are just booking them wrong. Booking Kelly and the Bellas as credible threats to veterans Gail and Beth isn't doing anyone any justice. Throw the likes of Kelly, Rosa, Brie,Nikki, Kaitlyn, Maryse with a male superstar. Give someone like Kelly or Maryse a high profile one to help draw.

Let me stop you right there.

Over the years i've realized it doesn't matter who you push.

I already said as shitty as Velvet may be, if TNA crowns her Knockout champion tomorrow, i really wouldn't care. She is over with the crowd, they support her, the fans tune in, honestly, i could see it happen.

The DIVISION as a whole is credible. So Velvet winning wouldn't harm the championship or the legacy because point blank, the crowd cares about the champ enough to give them a reaction.

Now going back to WWE, If WWE crowns Beth or Natalya or Gail Kim as champ tomorrow, it wouldn't make much of a diffrence what the fan thinks of the champion or the division. The fans won't really take it seriously with a champ walking around with a purple toy to the ring.

WWE's womens division will always be considered a joke, especially with a championship like that. Beth vs. Natalya...beth vs GHail Kim...Natalya vs Gail kim....honestly...it bores me now that i heart about it. WWE hasn't done anything to make me care about any of these women...why do i like Kaitlyn? Why do I like Maryse? These girls aren't anything good in the ring...but i wouldn't mind because at the end of the day...they entertained me.

Beth, Natalya, Gail Kim..they don't. they already bore me because they are generic wrestlers. But that's just me i guess.
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? EmptyWed 03 Aug 2011, 6:44 pm

I think they need better wrestlers, wrestlers with idenities, wrestlers that make u want to care about them, wrestlers that can talk shit and back it up, hardcore chicks that'll cut a bitch, wrestlers that know what food is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just fine or need more wrestlers?   Just fine or need more wrestlers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Just fine or need more wrestlers?
Page 1 of 1