Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! Empty
PostSubject: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 1:55 am

http://www.aol.com/2011/08/18/jessica-beagley-hot-sauce_n_930263.html?ir=Crime&icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec3_lnk2|87663

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Hot sauce is a dinner table option to some parents. But to prosecutors in Alaska, forcing it on a 7-year-old boy as punishment amounts to child abuse.

In a case that has drawn international attention, jurors on Wednesday watched video showing Jessica Beagley squirting hot sauce in the mouth of her adopted son. Her attorney said it was punishment for misbehaving at school and lying about it to his mother.

The video was originally aired on a "Dr. Phil" episode and caused a public uproar in Russia where the boy is from.

The footage, along with audio of the boy screaming as he's forced to stand in a cold shower, was shown as part of Beagley's trial Wednesday on misdemeanor child abuse charges.

Prosecutors say Beagley went beyond what would be considered reasonable parental discipline. Her lawyer, William Ingaldson, said she resorted to unconventional disciplinary methods because more traditional forms of punishment had not worked with the boy.

Beagley, along with her police officer husband, adopted the boy and his twin brother from a Russian orphanage after their parents abandoned them, Ingaldson said. The boys were taken there after Russian investigators found their family living in a shack, where the boys slept on shelves in an armoire, he said.

The couple "thought this was their chance to make a difference in kids' lives," the lawyer said. The couple also has four biological children.

Anchorage police were notified about the case after "Dr. Phil" viewers saw the footage, which was submitted as a nine-minute video for a November episode titled "Mommy Confessions." "Dr. Phil" is a talk show on self-improvement.

The video, made in October 2010, shows Beagley asking the boy what happens when he lies.

"I get hot sauce," the crying boy replies.

The video shows Beagley putting the hot sauce in the boy's mouth and telling him not to spit it out. When he admits to lying, she allows him to spit out the hot sauce.

She then explains to the child that he is going to get in a cold shower for lying about misbehavior at school: wriggling in his seat and sword-fighting with pencils.

The video did not show the child in the shower, but the boy's screams can be heard.

"Listen to your teacher," she says. "You are to do what you are told."

----------------------------------------------------------
So what do you think about this topic?

Would you ever do this to your child?

If you were little do you think this would be an effective form of punishment?

I mean would you rather get grounded, spanked, or hot sauced? Teary Eyed

Last edited by King Silva on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 3:08 am

Oh lord, this is like childs play to what I got, though the reason is dumber, i got much worse, dude's a wimp.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

It's a little extreme, but it isn't child abuse.

Sure, she admitted to spanking him, but who hasn't received one in their childhood? I'd say more people than not.

It's not like she's doing it just to do it.

This is being overblown imo.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 10:44 am

i got a bar of soap in my mouth, suck it up lil princess!
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

THANK GOD my mother never did that to me. YUCK!
Back to top Go down
Did You Miss Her?
Hall Of Famer
Did You Miss Her?

Male
Number of posts : 9685
Job/hobbies : Stroking Zachary Quinto's Ego....
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Santino, Edge, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & CM Punk.
Favorite WWE Diva : Melina, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Alicia Fox, & Gail Kim.
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Daniels, MCMGs, Crimson, Amazing Redd, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Kurt Angle, & Generation Me.
Favorite TNA Knockout : Winter, Brooke Tessmacher, Mickie James, Madison Rayne, & Angelina Love.
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

My parents just beat my ass and sent me on my way. This kid is a PUSSY!!!! Hell I used to drink hot sauce for fun, still do now. Though I've been repeatedly told to stop.
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
Paul Wyatt

Male
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Natalya
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 4:21 pm

Same here.

But, damn... drinking hot sauce? That sounds pretty gross.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

It's nasty but nothing wrong with it.

You see all the mothers in the audience crying?

Those are parents who children scream att hem and do whathever their children pleases.

My dad used to beat my ass. Bust my mouth with a back hand slap.

Grandmother used to get a PVC pipe, bamboe stick, a belt cut into two, any stick she could find in her hand.

And know what? My grandmother is the most important person in my life.

When you are young, you don't see these things but as you get older, you learn to appriciate everything. My grandmother was raising me, teaching me right from wrong and teaching me when you do bad shit...you get bad shit in return, not a dumb ass "time out"
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptySat 20 Aug 2011, 2:30 am

I wouldn't do that to my kid.

Seems bad but there are worst things you could do to a kid for punishment.
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptySat 20 Aug 2011, 2:35 am

well my kid is getting his ass wooped like it or not.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! EmptyThu 25 Aug 2011, 1:26 am

She's been found guilty!

Alaska woman convicted of child abuse for squirting hot sauce in adopted son’s mouth

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/alaska-woman-convicted-of-child-abuse-for-squirting-hot-sauce-in-adopted-sons-mouth/2011/08/24/gIQABE7jaJ_story.html?wprss=rss_national

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A woman who squirted hot sauce into the mouth of her adopted Russian son for lying about getting in trouble in school has been convicted of misdemeanor child abuse in what prosecutors said was a ploy to get on the “Dr. Phil” TV show.

Jessica Beagley, 36, made a videotape of how she punished the boy and submitted it to the show. The tape shows Beagley yelling at the crying boy, then tipping his chin up and pouring hot sauce in his mouth.

Beagley then had the screaming boy stand in a cold shower for sword-fighting with pencils in school.

Both actions were recorded on a videotape submitted to the “Dr. Phil” show. Anchorage police got calls from viewers after the show aired last October.

Neither Beagley nor her husband showed any emotion when the six-person jury announced its decision on Tuesday. The couple walked quickly from the courtroom and down a set of stairs without responding to questions from reporters.

Jessica Beagley could face the maximum sentence of one year in jail, a $10,000 fine and up to 10 years of probation when she is sentenced Monday, said District Judge David Wallace. She remains free without bail because the case is a misdemeanor.

Prosecutor Cynthia Franklin also left the courtroom without commenting.

Beagley and her husband, Gary, an Anchorage police officer, adopted the twins in 2008 when they were 5 years old. The boys had already spent three years in an orphanage. When located by Russian authorities, their family was living in a shack and the twins were sleeping on shelves in an armoire.

One of the twins made a fairly easy adjustment to his new home in Alaska, but the other exhibited behavioral problems that included lying and urinating on the floor.

Beagley’s attorney said his client turned to unconventional forms of punishment when spankings, time-outs and restricting television weren’t effective in changing the boy’s behavior.

Defense attorney William Ingaldson said his client was faced with a difficult situation dealing with a child with emotional problems when she reached out to the “Dr. Phil” show for help. If she hadn’t done that, she never would have been charged with child abuse, he said.

“It is our feeling Jessica was doing the best she could. ... This is a very good, loving family,” Ingaldson said.

He believes the city child abuse ordinance fails to spell out what is acceptable in terms of punishment. For example, under the law it would be possible to convict a parent who put a child in a timeout for what a jury might consider too long, he said.

Ingaldson will request that Beagley receive no jail time. Asked if the children could be taken from the family, he said the Office of Children’s Services had already investigated and found no reason to take action.

In closing arguments Monday, Franklin said Beagley recorded the punishment on Oct. 21, 2010, for a segment of the show titled “Mommy Confessions.”

Beagley’s lawyer countered that she made the video and eventually went on the show because she was desperate to find help for her son.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Shocked yay

Do you think it is a good conviction?

What do you think her punishment should be and what do you think it will be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!   Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse! Empty

Back to top Go down

Alaska Mother, Forcing Hot Sauce Into 7-Year-Old Boy's Mouth FOUND GUILTY of Child Abuse!
Page 1 of 1