Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning   Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 11:28 pm

Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning LindaConcedes125_1

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_53477.shtml

Former WWE CEO Linda McMahon made her 2012 Connecticut Senate campaign official on Tuesday morning during a speech at Coil Pro Machinery in Southington, Conn.

McMahon chose the location of her official Senate announcement to stress her focus on job creation. That was a minor selling point during her 2010 run when McMahon claimed to have helped create WWE "from the ground up," providing thousands of jobs to Connecticut residents.

During her speech Tuesday, McMahon did not reference the letters "WWE," but referred to the company, her husband, WWE CEO Vince McMahon, and her family.

"For the past 25 years or so, my husband Vince and I have had plenty of success in our business. And we appreciate it all the more when we think back to the day we had to file for bankruptcy...or think back to the years it took to pay back our medical bills because we had no health insurance," McMahon said mid-way through her speech, focusing on job creation.

Near the end of her speech, McMahon said, "So whatever you make of my story, here's what I've got to show for it: a 45-year marriage to my high school sweetheart. Two wonderful children and six grandchildren. A business that employs hundreds and trades on the New York Stock Exchange. It's more success than I ever counted on. And best of all, it's given me a chance to think about the success of others, as a candidate for public office."

Related to job creation, McMahon said she will "offer a comprehensive jobs plan" in the coming weeks to outline what she would do as Senator if elected.

Although not mentioned during the speech, McMahon is changing her approach to financing the campaign. After spending over $50 million to establish her name in the state of Connecticut, McMahon will be using equity built up in the 2010 investment to keep herself relevant to voters, while also looking to private campaign donors to help fund the day-to-day operation of a new campaign.

The official announcement on Tuesdays means another 13 months of Quinnipiac University polls, questions about McMahon's record as COO, and perhaps another WWE campaign when the heat on McMahon's WWE past intensifies. (Remember "Stand Up For WWE?")
Back to top Go down
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning   Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning EmptyTue 20 Sep 2011, 11:51 pm

Awww fuck, we're probably going to be in for more on air campaigning. brick wall
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning   Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 12:17 am

Yeah pretty much.

And it is likely that she will lose again..

If that happens she will probably still run in 2012. Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning 234262
Back to top Go down
Lauren
World Champion
World Champion
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning   Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

Screw letting her run, give me that 50 million and let me make a zombie film for WWE Films, it's been awhile since we had a good zombie film in theaters; besides, it would be more entertaining to watch than Vince walking around with Linda's opponents campaign poster taped to his ass.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Current and Former:
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

PostSubject: Re: Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning   Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 2:19 am

LOL true.

They could use the $50 million a lot more wisely.

A wwe zombie film would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning   Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Linda McMahon Makes 2012 Senate Run Official Tuesday Morning
Page 1 of 1