Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant Empty
PostSubject: 'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant   'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant EmptySat 24 Sep 2011, 2:58 am

'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant X-factor-pants_240

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/23/x-factor-fcc-complaint/

A parents group announced it has filed a Federal Communications Commission complaint against Fox’s The X Factor for showing a contestant who exposed himself on stage.

In a pre-taped segment from the reality show’s two-hour Wednesday night premiere, contestant Geo Godley dropped his pants and sang for the judges and studio audience while apparently nude. The judges were appalled — Paula Abdul stormed off stage and appeared to be ill, saying the performance “literally made me sick,” while L.A. Reid declared, “that was offensive, disgusting, distasteful, upsetting — get him out of the building please!”

“Perhaps the ‘X’ in X Factor stands for the MPAA rating,” said PTC president Tim Winter, whose organization filed the complaint this morning. “If Godley performed his act in public, he would have been arrested. But if he performs it in front of a Fox camera, his act is beamed via the public airwaves into every home in the nation.”

Continued Winter:

“The prolonged, previously videotaped footage of a contestant dancing nude on the X Factor stage represents a conscious decision by the producers — with the approval of the network’s broadcast standards department — to intentionally air this content in front of millions of families during hours when they knew full well that children would be watching. Families were led to believe the X Factor would be family-friendly programming and instead were assaulted by graphic nudity.”

Except “graphic nudity” isn’t accurate — Fox put a large red “X” over Godley’s crotch during the sequence.

Said Godley after the performance: “I was in key, everything was going well,” he said. “My pants were down and I was jumping around and all of a sudden the audience turned against me. I don’t know what happened. I thought they’d like it.”

The complaint comes as broadcast decency laws are expected to be reviewed by the Supreme Court during its upcoming term. The Court will look at the FCC’s crackdown on “fleeting expletives” accidentally aired by broadcasters, a case stemming from a complaint against Fox which aired Cher and Nicole Richie saying the f-word during two separate telecasts of the Billboard Music Awards.

Fox has wrestled with the PTC several times in the past, over its reality shows and scripted fare like Family Guy. The network had no comment.

------------------------
Do you think they should be fined?
Back to top Go down
KTV-Time
WD Stalker
KTV-Time

Male
Number of posts : 14546
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Dolph Ziggler
Tyson Kidd
Richie Steamboat
Brett & Ted Dibiasi
John Morrison
Heath Slater
Daniel Bryan
Justin Gabriel
Favorite WWE Diva : Beth Phoenix
Natalya
Maryse
Alicia Fox
Eve Torres

Favorite TNA Wrestler : AJ Styles
Kaz
Amazing Red
Chris Sabin
Alex Shelly
Daniels
Eric Young
Orlando Jordan's Boy Toy
Favorite TNA Knockout : Sarita
Angelina Love
Taylor Wilde
Santana G.

Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant   'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant EmptySat 24 Sep 2011, 6:49 am

No because the judges already said....he was wearing a thong. THAT was cencored.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant   'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant EmptySat 24 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

I don't really think it should be fined because there was a big X over him but whatever I don't care what happens to this show.

I don't see it lasting very long if its ratings don't increase..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant   'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant Empty

Back to top Go down

'X Factor' hit with FCC complaint over nude contestant
Page 1 of 1