Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature! Empty
PostSubject: Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature!   Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature! EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 4:43 pm

Next to Aliens, the one thing I love more than anything in the world is Rod Sterling's "The Twilight Zone" TV series that ran from 1959-1964. The revamped show sucked, and the 1983 feature film is pretty much garbage, although I have a soft spot for "It's a Good Life" and "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet."

I've been waiting in extreme anticipation for Warner Bros. Pictures to move on the new Twilight Zone feature in hopes that they take it seriously. This afternoon Variety revealed a shortlist of directors in talks, with two of the three surpassing my wildest expectations.

While the '83 version had four directors, this project will feature a single storyline and one director.

Mutual interest is brewing between WB and at least three individuals: Christopher Nolan, Michael Bay and Alfonso Cuaron, with Nolan being the current frontrunner. Rupert Wyatt, whose Rise of the Planet of the Apes drew rave reviews and more than $400 million worldwide, is a dark horse.

Nolan, the brains and brawn behind Inception, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and the forthcoming Dark Knight Rises, needs a new franchise to latch onto. With his out-of-the-box directing style, he'd be the perfect choice.

Cuaron is another fantastic name, having directed the stunning Children of Men and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for Warners.

The only name on the list that makes me cringe is Bay, who can deliver on a spectacular level, but hasn't told a good story since Bad Boys II back in 2003. The Transformers films show he'd rather make a big paycheck than deliver a darker, more Bay-ish pic.

Who would you choose?

Rand Ravich and Jason Rothenberg penned the script, and while plot details are under wraps, sources say the film would be a single storyline that touches on several themes from the Rod Sterling TV show.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature!   Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature! EmptySun 02 Oct 2011, 12:27 am

It sounds interesting, hope its good.
Back to top Go down

Warners Planning Major 'Twilight Zone' Feature!
Page 1 of 1