Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion

Go down 
+3
Paul Wyatt
King Silva
Dead
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male
Number of posts : 31046
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion Empty
PostSubject: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 6:15 pm

http://thearcofwrestling.tumblr.com/post/14470370623/whyitsgoodfordanielbryantobechampion

If you arent living under a rock, or simply just dont know, Daniel Bryan finally accomplished what most said he would never be able to do in WWE, and that is win a world championship. I dont care how he did it, the fact of the matter is, he is the current World Heavyweight Champion. He had cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase (which he won in August) on a prone Big Show, who just won the world title himself over Mark Henry and was DDT’ed onto a chair before DB came out.

It was a bittersweet moment for the IWC, they were waiting for this man to finally be pushed to the top instead of losing to shitty wrestlers like Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal, and most felt that holding the Money in the Bank was actually a curse instead of catapulting him to the top, but after his match with Mark Henry in the cage and what happened last night, i honestly feel that Daniel Bryan can be an amazing World Heavyweight Champion, and here’s why.

The Feuds

Take away the 4 main guys in the main event right now (Show, Henry, Sheamus, Orton) and what do we have left (Rhodes, Barrett, DiBiase, Christian), any of those guys could have amazing matches with Bryan for the title and in turn i honestly believe the World Heavyweight title could be made relevant again. Same way with the WWE Championship, with Punk as its holder, the 2 main championships in WWE could be restored as the titles they once were, titles with prestige and honor. But it is up to WWE to not fuck up this momentum with DB and not take the title off him after a week, month etc like they did with Christian, just to give it to someone who really doesnt deserve it like Orton.

The Promos

The promos with Mark Henry about taking a decade to win the world title made him look like a strong face instead of the monster heel he was supposed to be portraying, so, why not turn Daniel Bryan into a monster heel? He can use this win to prove all the anti-indy wrestling marks wrong and also destroy Michael Cole in the process. There was the gimmick when he first won the MITB case that he was going to bury everyone in his path, so why not do that now? He was an amazing heel in Ring of Honor, and if creative were smart enough, they would make him into a legit badass that tells people he can make them tap out in any way imaginable without remorse.

WWE has the potential to keep this rolling, or have it all come crashing down, throughout the years WWE has not cared about what its biggest fanbase, the Internet, was wanting to see, but with Ryder now winning the US title and Bryan winning the World title, what’s next? Tyler Black and Claudio coming up and making a huge impact? Time will tell, and if its any indication, we will start seeing not-so-big names being the future of WWE.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 7:22 pm

I agree Daniel Bryan is one of the first WHCs to actually get me really interested.

The last was Christian's first reign but look how that ended..

I just really hope that DB gets a better run as champ.

I like the idea of being a heel that doesn't care who he submits; that would be great to see.

Last edited by King Silva on Mon 19 Dec 2011, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Wyatt
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
NCD aka Name Changing Dude
Paul Wyatt

Male
Number of posts : 18569
Job/hobbies : Self-Improving
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Antonio Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus
The Shield
The Usos
Wade Barrett
Favorite WWE Diva : Naomi
Natalya
Favorite TNA Wrestler : Austin Aries
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
Eric Young
James Storm
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 8:04 pm

I totally believe D-Bry should turn heel for these reasons:

~ He becomes more interesting.
As much as I like D-Bry his journey to the World title hasn't been a very memorable one.

~ David vs Goliath is played out.
How many times do we have to see a smaller guy in an underdog storyline?

~ The lack of strong heel contenders.
Other than an injured Christian or Wade Barrett who's in an angle with Randy Orton; there isn't a a real viable option to challenge D-Bry for his title.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 7:36 am

I feel his run is unsuccessful and rushed.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 3:06 pm

Yeah, not really
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 4:42 pm

He bores me as a champion

I think he can wrestle but he lacks personality to me.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Number of posts : 18234
Job/hobbies : Sleeping and Drinking
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Kane
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Favorite WWE Diva : Layla El
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim
Favorite TNA Wrestler : N/A
Favorite TNA Knockout : N/A
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 4:48 pm

^ in opinions.

I don't think it has been rushed, he was always meant to be the champ. I class Del Rio as a rushed champion since he was not as bigger name to sign with WWE as Bryan Danielson was.

However I think he shoulda turned heel already, since he is always retaining titles via DQ, so he doesn't look credible. However has a heel champ he would look far more credible with these types of wins..

I also marking a little myself think as a heel champ is really gives him at least one good storyline to work with imo.

With the current word being Regal potentially retiring within the next year, Regal a man who I feel is in the same sort of boat as Piper, Owen Hart and Bulldog as being one of the best performers to never be a WWF/E champion....so considering a lot of people know the history of Regal training Bryan...it would be great to see Regal make some sort of speech about retiring and saying thank you, to have Bryan interrupt and do some beat down or something, leading to a final face turn for Regal where his goal is to topple the student as well as win the one title that has eluded him...giving us a good ol fashioned teacher v student thing

but thats just a dream fued tbh

as for personality, I have personally been pleasantly surprised as to how much personality he actually as. We all know I am the first person to HATE when all people yap on about are wrestling skills. We are watching professional wrestling NOT amateur wrestling, so therefore technical ability is useless unless you can engage and entertain an audience (something I felt was a major problem for someone like Benoit) ... regardless Bryan has (quoting Benoit) proved me wrong about how ok he is personality wise...now I don't get wet hearing his promos or anything, but he still speaks better than some others
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 4:51 pm

Wrestling skills are what make matches interesting to watch. If you suck in the ring, your promo skills mean nothing, its a fact.
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 4:55 pm

No it's not a fact though, again it's opinion. which is fair enough.

if you want to see stellar matches, and thats what entertains you, than fair enough.

but for other people they also like to see story development, and listen to a good ol slagging off match.

this is what makes someone like CM Punk really essential for WWE especially, since he can dish out the talk AND back it up...where as someone like Bryan exceeds in one area...but is not as crisp as Punk or others in other areas...I mean for sure he holds his own very well, and is certainly one of the best people they have on the roster as an overall.
Back to top Go down
Dead
The Sports Guy
Dead

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 5:34 pm

No, it IS a fact. look at Kevin Nash...hes a hell of a guy on the mic, but his wrestling skills are freaking horrible. Mr. Anderson...hes good on the mic but hes horrible in the ring. there is no story telling anymore in wrestling, its all on a week to week basis
Back to top Go down
The LL Father
THEE LaylaLover
The LL Father

Male
Kaval
William Regal
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Beth Pheonix
Vickie Guerrero
Rosa Mendes
Gail Kim

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 5:50 pm

sigh, again NOT fact. Then again I am not surprised since your issue has always been believing what ever you say is fact. Kevin Nash wasn't great in the ring, but for a lot of people his entertainment value made up for that...like me for example, yes his matches weren't great, but he would entertain me more than seeing a match full of basic wrestling holds
Back to top Go down
Sticky!!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky loves Mickie! Yo soy El Jefe!
Sticky!!

Male
Number of posts : 4893
Favorite WWE Wrestler : Orton
Rey
Favorite WWE Diva : Mickie James
Maria
Favorite TNA Knockout : Christy Hemme
Tara

Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

At least AJ has something to do. But AJ likes video games and Daniel Bryan doesn't even have a TV.

If he turns heel then Cole will have to encourage him.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
WD Stalker
Angelus

Number of posts : 11345

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 9:20 pm

I perfer Nash over Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
X
Ultimate Opportunist
X

Male
Number of posts : 8594
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
Chris Jericho
Tyson Kidd
Favorite WWE Diva : ---
AJ
Kaitlyn
Natalya

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ---
Rob Van Dam

Tara
Christy Hemme
Gail

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 2:41 am

Michelle didn't care much for Layla's opinion when they went to couples therapy...

I'll say it again, who cares if the internet is the biggest fanbase, they are not the ones paying to buy tickets to ppvs and shows constantly, therefore aren't making WWE the money the other fans are, who attend the shows regularily.

Daniel Bryan destroying Cole would get him cheered by the crowd not booed lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion   Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion Empty

Back to top Go down

Why it’s good for Daniel Bryan to be World Heavyweight Champion
Page 1 of 1