Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake? Empty
PostSubject: Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake?   Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake? EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 6:49 pm

Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake? Kanye%20West%20Rihanna%20All%20of%20the%20Lights%20Wide

http://www.goldderby.com/music/news/2230/you-decide-will-rihanna-win-rap-grammy-for-collaboration-with-kanye-west-or-drake.html#

Rihanna picked up dueling nominations in the Rap/Sung Collaboration race for her work with Kanye West on "All of the Lights" and her pairing with Drake on the #1 hit "What's My Name?" She has already won this award twice: "Umbrella" (2007) and "Run This Town" (2009).

"All of the Lights," which also features Kid Cudi and Fergie, is nominated for Song of the Year. This critically embraced tune has to be the frontrunner. West has shared in two wins -- "American Boy" (2008) and "Run This Town" (2009) -- and had six other bids.

Beyonce may have 16 Grammys on her mantle but this year she managed only two nods including one for her teaming with Andre 3000 on "Party." This is one of the weakest offerings on "4." She and her now husband Jay-Z won this race with "Crazy in Love" in 2003. Her better hope for a win this year is Best Long Form Music Video for "I Am ... World Tour."

The R&B slow-jam "Motivation" by Kelly Rowland and Lil Wayne made it to the top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100. Rowland, who was in Destiny's Child with Beyonce, won this race in 2002 for her work with Nelly on "Dilemma." She also contends for Best Dance Recording with "When Love Takes Over."

It's rather surprising that "I Need a Doctor" marks Dr. Dre's first bid in this category. One of his collaborators is Eminem who has lost this race three times including last year for his high-profile work with Rihanna on "Love the Way You Lie." However, Dre, Eminem, and Skylar Grey are unlikely to prevail this year.

The combination of DJ Khaled, Rick Ross, Drake, and Lil Wayne resulted in "I'm on One." Although the track slid into the top 10 of the Hot 100, Drake and Wayne have better hopes of winning with their other bids.
---------------------------------------
http://www.goldderby.com/music/news/2216/you-decide-best-alternative-album-grammy-to-bon-iver-radiohead-or-death-cab-for-cutie.html

Bon Iver's self-titled second album has definitely gotten the Grammys' attention -- "Holocene" is up for both Record and Song of the Year. The folk band fronted by Justin Vernon (above) is also in contention for Best New Artist. Their disc, which debuted in the second spot on the Billboard album chart, is a frontrunner for Best Alternative Album.

However, alternative vets Radiohead offer stiff competition with "The King of Limbs." They have won this race three times -- "OK Computer" (1997), "Kid A" (2000), and "In Rainbows" (2008) -- and were nominated another three times -- "Airbag/How Am I Driving?" (1998), "Amnesiac" (2001) and "Hail to the Thief" (2003). The single "Lotus Flower" reaped two nods in the rock field as well as for Best Music Video.

Death Cab for Cutie reaped their fourth bid in six years for "Codes and Keys." They contended unsuccessfully with "Plans" (2005); "Narrow Stairs" (2008); and "The Open Door EP" (2009). They may not prevail again as their single "You Are a Tourist" was overlooked in the rock races.

It was expected that Foster the People would be nominated in the General Field for Best New Artist and their hit single "Pumped Up Kicks." However, they were snubbed in the newcomer race and the song only earned a single nod for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. They contend in this category for the album "Torches."

Rock band My Morning Jacket, who were nominated in 2008 for "Evil Urges," returns to the race with "Circuital" which got good reviews and debuted at #5. Nevertheless, this has only an outside chance to win.
Back to top Go down
Mia
Shield Believer
Shield Believer
Mia

Female
Number of posts : 13322
Job/hobbies : zombies
Favorite WWE Wrestler :
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville
Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler
Corey Graves
Sheamus
Christian
Edge
CM Punk

Favorite WWE Diva :
Paige
Emma
Michelle
Eve
Maryse
ivory
trish
lita

Favorite TNA Wrestler : Roode
Aries
Bully Ray
Storm
The Wolves

Favorite TNA Knockout : Brooke
Christy
Taryn

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake?   Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake? EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 6:08 pm

I can see Rihanna winning with Drake. Hopefully Foster the People win, I liked their album.
Back to top Go down
King Silva
King of Kings
King Silva

Male
Number of posts : 32652
Favorite WWE Wrestler : ---
Current and Former:
The Rock, JoMo, Ziggler, Edge, Orton, Y2J, Hardyz, + Rhodes!
Favorite WWE Diva : -------
ALL TIME
# 1} Lita
# 2} Trish Stratus
# 3} Mickie James
# 4} Gail Kim
# 5} Michelle McCool

Favorite TNA Wrestler : ----

Favorite TNA Knockout : ---
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake?   Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake? EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 10:45 pm

Mia wrote:
I can see Rihanna winning with Drake. Hopefully Foster the People win, I liked their album.

Mia I also like Foster the People's album and I really want them to win however I can't see it considering Bon Iver got many top nominations and usually if that happens you win the lower categories in which you are nominated for sure.. :-/

I think Rihanna and Kanye will win. I like that song so it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake?   Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Rihanna Win Rap Grammy for Collaboration With Kanye West or Drake?
Page 1 of 1